Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Creating a good clan

Creating a successful clan
    I decided to make this tutorial for creating a succesful clan.

Table of Contents:
    I. Creating the clan
    II. Setting up communications
    III. Spreading the word/Advertising
    IV. Keeping it fair
    V. Applying admins
    VI. No "I" In Team
    VII. Clan Events
    VIII. Clan waring
    IX. Keeping a good word

I. CREATING THE CLAN
    -Welcome to your first objective of creating a successful clan.
    Here I will talk about creating your clan.
    When creating a clan think about these questions:
    a) Am I capable of handling a clan?
    b) Will I continue to maintain as leader?
    c) Will I be active enough?

A sure way to start is to use a catchy name.
    Something people will like and think is worth joining.
    Clan name isn't much of a big deal, as long as your good in the long run.
    Another thing to look at is are you mature enough?.
    The last thing any clan member wants is a terrible leader not capable of handling a clan.
    Even if you think you can handle it there is still more to look towards, like so:
    -Gifting
    -Events
    (These things are optional, but do help)
    I will go in farther detail of the three above in section VII.

II. SETTING UP COMMUNICATIONS
    -In section II., I will be explaining different ways to communicate to your members/LTS'.(LTS' will be explained later on)
    There are Hundreds of ways to communicate while gaming.
    Voice chat is most easiest while doing Clan wars.(Will go in farther detail in section VII.)

Really your going to want to look for the best one under certain qualities, such as:
    -Quality
    -Features
    -Easy to use
    -Chat/voice(most include this)
    -Speed(Will go in farther detail)
    A good chat service with quality is a good need while gaming, the last thing we want is hearing terrible quality from members and such while trying to play.
    We will want to hear members as well as the game,
    Another is features. Most chatting services include different features, in which some can come in handy at times.
    AN easy to use chatting service is another, you want something your members and LTS' can easily connect, and setup to. It makes things a lot faster.
    Chat/Voice is another. There isn't much I can tell on this subject but having a chatting service(Typing) is good for the ones who don't own a microphone or any kind of Voice chatting device.
    And last but not least, speed. The reason I say speed is because some Services can lag you while trying to play your game.
    This means you will want something with good speed and can quickly run on your PC.
    Here is a list of a few chatting services commonly used while gaming:

-Xfire
    Direct Xfire download

-Ventrillo
    Ventrilo Download

-Vivox
    To be announced
    III. SPREADING THE WORD/ADVERTISING

There a many ways to advertise your clan throughout the internet. I will go over a few procedures and tips to advertising.
    When it comes to advertising the main way to do so, is advertise in game. (Spambot helps)
    If you see a good player without a clan, try asking them if they need one and tell them a bit about your clan, maybe some things like:

-New Clan
    -Clan events
    -Daily clan wars
    etc.

Don't make up things just to get them to join
    Telling them things that your clan doesn't have will result in them just leaving after a while, which is something you wont want if your working towards a good clan.
    Creating Youtube videos and montages for your clan will result in more applications to join.
    Here is where web designing comes in.
    You can make a forum/website with tutorials on different things in Combat arms, good GUI, and helpful links your clan can use.
    You can also have a forum on your website to use so members who join your website can leave a filled out application to join. Some things to look for in an application is:

-Name
    -Best Gamemode
    -More than one account?
    -Ever been banned?

-*These are only options, I'm sure you can think of more.
    There are many more ways to advertise, those are just some of the best.

IV. KEEPING IT FAIR
    In this section I will go over the basics of controlling your clan.
    After a bit of Advertising you should a good amount of members, maybe 5-10. There's not much to say for this section, but it is good to follow.
    Controlling your clan isn't the easiest thing to do. Not much you can do
    individually, but when they seem to get a little rowdy, controlling them is good. Members like a leader capable of taking leadership of their clan, but try not to become a big control freak, cause that will just result in loss of members.

V. APPLYING ADMINS
    Here I will talk about the best choice when picking LTS' for your clan.
    There are a few things you might want to look at when applying LTS', things like:

-Good Leadership(Helping out)
    -Active
    -Helpful

An LT should be someone willing to help out, and advertise the clan. Someone who is active, and participates in Clan wars.
    Finding an LT is more of just a leader's opinion. Another way of picking an admin is having a vote.(A website/forum can help in this)

VI. NO "I" IN TEAM
    We all know the saying there is no I in team, and this is very true. When playing as a clan you need to play as a team. Pointing out enemies and keeping cover is the best way to go. Sticking in groups works also, unless the enemy is using hacks which will result is major health damage. Working as a team doesn't always mean to tick in groups, but when playing as a team you should give it your best shot and do what you can to win.

VII. CLAN EVENTS
    In this section I will cover clan events.
    Events can result in longer lasting members and more expectations form them.
    You can give out ZP items and guns as rewards for may different things such as:

-Participation
    -Private Clan Games(winner gets award)
    -Activity
    etc.

These are only options of things you can give rewards to, any other ideas you can think of can be used to.
    Always let your members know when someone else wins, that 'there will be more chances to win, and the harder they play and practice the better chance they have of winning.'
    This will encourage your clan to try harder when they play.
    Members will also stick around because they can earn ZP items/weapons.

VIII. CLAN WARING
    When it comes to clan waring, your going to want to get the most people to play as possible. A bigger team will result in more success. Using voice chat can help calling out enemy positions and other such. It's good to use for communication to the members your playing with, and each member will most likely want to play so try to squeeze in a few games at the best times. You can leave Clanwars to your LTS' as long as you can trust them enough to set it up , and keep it under control.(This is why you should pick good LTS', refer back to section V.)
    Don't expect to win every game you play, because there will come times when you will lose and that's ok. We win some and we lose some.

IX. KEEPING A GOOD WORD
    Keeping a good word for your clan is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing when having a clan! If your clan had a bad word, no one will want to join it. Doing things you say you will do will gain you more respect and leadership over your clan. Otherwise, just lying to them about things you don't have or can/can't do will result in loss of members, any kind of applications to join, etc.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Extractional For This Useful Post:

Seabound (05-22-2012),sgt.muffins? (06-21-2012),Such (05-21-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Thanks Its useful!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Such View Post
    Thanks Its useful!
    No problem

Thanks
    Thanks, I'll keep some of that in mind, I just made a clan a couple weeks ago
    In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
    -Shing Xiong

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Ventrillo ftw........