Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    The only thing I hate about D3 is the cartoonish graphics, and the fact that you can't add skill points individually and stat points individually. They made it WAYYYY too much like WoW.
    Well, you'll later enjoy the fact that there are no cash sinks. As every day passes, the gold you get as you play becomes less and less valuable. I swear it was designed to make people want to use the real-money auction house more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yendain View Post
    Well, you'll later enjoy the fact that there are no cash sinks. As every day passes, the gold you get as you play becomes less and less valuable. I swear it was designed to make people want to use the real-money auction house more.
    I realized what you mean, it became so difficult just to buy fucking potions without grinding for gold.

D3 is all about grinding now. It's bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzgame View Post
    If Diablo 3 sucks, so which is better? those crappy browser games? or pay to win MMO Games? I am not a big fan of diablo series, but I do like Diablo 3 although it is something expansive. It is rewarding.
    You pay to win in diablo much more than you do in any other game right now.

I'll discuss this more after work, but basically: You are paying blizzard(directly now) to beat a game a fourth time on a "difficulty" that is just lazy game design.

I'd be happier with DLC that gave me awesome weapons than a game focused on this RMAH bullshit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

You pay to win in diablo much more than you do in any other game right now.

I'll discuss this more after work, but basically: You are paying blizzard(directly now) to beat a game a fourth time on a "difficulty" that is just lazy game design.

I'd be happier with DLC that gave me awesome weapons than a game focused on this RMAH bullshit.
    Amen to that, they based the ENTIRE game off of WoW and the real-money Auction house. I absolutely HATE how we can't adjust our stats accordingly ourselves, and how it's ALL BASED ON THE FUCKING GEAR NOW

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    To explain in a more detailed version.

First the drop rates:
    -Horrible. Making gear prices go UP because good gear is EXTREMELY rare to find. Good gear for your own class even more so.
    -Legendaries are pretty much not worth it to buy for most, and the drop rate in-game is worse than wow actually.
    TLR: Good gear is really hard to find, so it sells for a lot more than it should meaning farming gold>farming items.

Then the RMAH gets introduced.
    -Battle.net balance is literally paying blizzard for VIRTUAL CURRENCY.
    -Unless you take a 15% take, with an additional dollar down for transfer, you essentially lose all your money in a sale.

Meaning that if you want to quit, blizz makes 15% of what you get, added to the virtual currency used to purchase the item anyway.

For example lets take two people selling and buying in the AH.

P1: Has an item for $100.
    P2: Wants to buy the item for $100.

P2: Purchase the item.

Based upon P1's choice blizzard gets 2 outcomes.

If selected paypal, P1 gets $84. into his bank. Blizzard gets $16.
    If blizzard, he gets 99$, but the money can be used ONLY TO PURCHASE MORE IN GAME ITEMS.
    (meaning he can not at any time transfer this to real money).
    ---------------------------------

In the end, this entire RMAH idea is just a way for blizzard to scam its players and earn more money.

Considering Inferno has absolutely no new enemies, no new bosses, no new item types, nothing in general except % higher items/mobs. You might as well stop at hell. Because inferno is now pay to beat it.

If you wish to beat inferno now, just purchasing the game. It would take about 1k total spending of real money. Or around 1k hours with the current drop rate in place, if not more.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Also: Blizzard is nerfing items. So your items worth is actually less than what you had previously bought it for, on top of being less since the progression of more people allows better items to be of more quantity in the AH driving price down that way.
    (Increased attack speed is getting nerfed. Which is pretty much % dmg nerf for all classes. So right now my 20k dps will be like 14k by the end of the nerf. Meaning my class will be that much worse.)>

Last but not least: Nerfing classes/items in a single player game is solely for blizzard to make more money on the AH. In a single player and co-op game, nerfing a class does nothing to help the player or party. THe only players who encourage this are players who are jelly of other players and should learn to suck it the fuck up. Nerfing a class where absolutely no competition is in play(not even for loot as everyone gets their own) is just silly. Its basically Dungeon Defenders all over again.
    Last edited by Empire; 06-16-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12