Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Post My opinion on the game. (Since this is the Discussion part of the Forums)

First of all, this is not a thread where I talk about how great Minecraft is or how shitty it is, this is a thread where I express my opinions in a calm and very fierce way. (Fierce because I'm DaMorte)
    Second, in this thread, you will not find tips or tricks on this game, this is solely my opinion about the game through my experiences of playing it the last few days.

Here it goes;
    I recently downloaded Minecraft 1.2.5 (cracked version of course), I had used some of the modded ones on here as well, and I must admit, for a game that's basically about Block people mining, chopping wood, digging, making houses, and etc. The game has a quality that will make you want to play for awhile just to see what you can build with the materials you have. I successfully created my own house made solely of just Stone Blocks, however I got bored so I went on Multiplayer, tried a few servers and unless you're experienced in this game, and in that server, then you won't know anything. Especially when the players are cursing at you, telling you to "gtfo an play single nub!" and other obscenities. However, if you just play Single Player you can create houses, build mine shafts, and even kill animals for experience and food.

Here's MY opinion on the Pros and Cons of this game;
    Pros: Decent game to play if you're bored with nothing to do and want to pass time. It's great if you're a creative person and like to make things. It can be fun when you're digging and mining your way down into the ground just to see what you can find. During the night/darkness, you will encounter Zombies, Skeletons shooting arrows, Spiders, Creepers and apparently Werewolves (never seen one) which can be fun to kill.

Cons: Since the game has you do the same stuff over and over, the game play is very repetitive and thus can get very boring, very quickly. If you have no torches during the night or in the dark, and can't see where you are or what's hitting you, you'll die and lose everything which would suck if you were far away from your spawn point. Since the graphics aren't the best (because it's all blocks), if you're playing too much your eyes will hurt very badly afterwards because of the graphics. The game relies too much on making things which can get confusing if you don't have the right materials to make things you need.

Since this was MY opinion on the game, I'd like to know what YOU, the people of MPGH, think of this game. I'm not here to offend or piss anyone off, the game is decent, but I just can't find it interesting enough to keep me hooked like others.
    The one and only DaMorte. Originally known here as Slipknotn209 and Glib. Feel free to hit me up if you need anything.

Thanks
    Can someone close this or delete this?
    The one and only DaMorte. Originally known here as Slipknotn209 and Glib. Feel free to hit me up if you need anything.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Oh please tell me more. *sarcasm*

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I agree, it can get pretty boring at times. But that's why playing with friends can spice things up. Most online servers (especially the ones you can get on with a cracked version) suck IMO.

But if you make your own server for you and some very close friends the game becomes really fun again. When I was talking to you in that other thread you posted in I wasn't trying to say it's the best game out there, I was just trying to say it has some merit and isn't stupid because "all you do is mine and build".

I didn't pay for this game myself and wouldn't recommend someone pays for it unless they're a REALLY die-hard fan that LOVES it a lot. But for a game that's so easy to crack it's nice to have when, like you said, you get bored.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 06-03-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    Oh please tell me more. *sarcasm*
    Ohhh okay! Well, this one time...at Band Camp...this guy...named Ahmad...stuck his you know what in a raccoon and ending up having his you know what cut off because the raccoon gave him a disease known as rotting scum.
    Oh you meant the game? Well, yeah...but that would be no fun and I wouldn't be able to make fun of your idiotic post.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMorte View Post
    Ohhh okay! Well, this one time...at Band Camp...this guy...named Ahmad...stuck his you know what in a raccoon and ending up having his you know what cut off because the raccoon gave him a disease known as rotting scum.
    Oh you meant the game? Well, yeah...but that would be no fun and I wouldn't be able to make fun of your idiotic post.
    Because I feel so offended. DaMorte? What kind a name as that. Don't go trolling someone you cannot troll.... I'm referring to me.

Thanks
    Yeah, real cool story bro.

Anyways, I can agree on some parts. It doesn't get boring for me though, because I always think of new things to do. I think playing legit with a cool texture pack on single player is fun, or on just someone's computer (SMP). Me and Alen and Paradise were playing SMP on Alen's computer last night. We got to the nether, we found diamonds, we got very far. It's just so fun to play legit, and actually PLAY Minecraft.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    >get repetitive

Ever heard of mods? IC2, RP, BC, Aether and countless others completely change the game.

Thanks
    To add onto what @Alen was saying... Doesn't repetitive mean like.. You're constantly doing the same thing? Such as GRINDING in an MMORPG? Uh.. Makes no sense. Minecraft is nowhere NEAR to repetitive. There's so many things to do. Mine, make a farm, etc. Yeah, mining can't get repetitive without luck, but depends on how you play the game.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I have been playing this game for more than a year now and I don't really understand why people thing that there are cons to this game:
    Here let me explain
    Minecraft = Lego
    If you have an imagination and things to build, you will have a great time
    If you don't want to play w legos, you simply put it away and don't complaint about it being so "boring" and shitty that it can't amuse you
    Plus: it is not repetitive, like legos: you simply find out new stuff to build, install new mods, play more maps, etc.
    thats all

Thanks
    I don't think comparing Minecraft to Lego is good even though I understand where it's coming from. I never actually liked Lego as a kid because I could never build anything amazing. One time my grandma got this BEAST castle lego set, and when I found out I had to build it.. Took 3 and a half years for me and her to get it done. SHE did most of it.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I am really big fan of that game, But's bored then when you don't have any true friend who'd you like to play with this game, Even you cant make online/offline server.
    So I found really nice mod, what does lot's of things, I am going to post it!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post

Because I feel so offended. DaMorte? What kind a name as that. Don't go trolling someone you cannot troll.... I'm referring to me.
    1. Didn't know I was supposed to offend you, if you want to be offended then go look at yourself and wonder why you have to come online and act like a total ass to random people.
    2. My name DaMorte is Portuguese. Da basically refers to "The" and Morte refers to "Death". If you really wanted to know, you could've just Googled it instead of trying to make fun of my name which has meaning to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    >get repetitive

Ever heard of mods? IC2, RP, BC, Aether and countless others completely change the game.
    Yes, it gets repetitive, and I used the Mods and the modded clients. However, that was boring and dull. Just because I don't like this game doesn't mean you shouldn't, I never once said you kids should hate the game, I'm giving you MY opinion, if you don't like it, then hey you don't have to read it or even be here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMorte View Post
    Yes, it gets repetitive, and I used the Mods and the modded clients. However, that was boring and dull. Just because I don't like this game doesn't mean you shouldn't, I never once said you kids should hate the game, I'm giving you MY opinion, if you don't like it, then hey you don't have to read it or even be here.
    Oh stop patronizing me, I'm probably older than you. Fact is that I sincerely doubt you've tried all the mods listed (if you have, please do tell which you tried and why you didn't like them?). And please, in the future, try not to make a thread about why you hate games and then attack whoever tries to give you suggestions on how to make the game more enjoyable.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Oh stop patronizing me, I'm probably older than you. Fact is that I sincerely doubt you've tried all the mods listed (if you have, please do tell which you tried and why you didn't like them?). And please, in the future, try not to make a thread about why you hate games and then attack whoever tries to give you suggestions on how to make the game more enjoyable.
    If you're older than I am, than you have some growing up to do buddy. Also, this isn't a thread about why I hate the game, if you would please learn how to read, I carefully typed out that "this is not a thread where I talk about how great Minecraft is or how shitty it is, this is a thread where I express my opinions". Oh and if you were giving me suggestions on how to make the game more enjoyable, you wouldn't have made such a useless comment. If I'm not playing the game, why bother trying to "suggest" anything. What's the point you're trying to make? That you love Minecraft? Great for you! I don't like it, it's not the type of game I like playing. It's a great game for people who like this type of stuff. I'm sorry if I'm into more realistic type stuff. Given, not ALL games I play are realistic, but this game is just NOT for me. Stop trying to hate on my thread and move on. I want this thread closed so you children will stop acting like I took your toy away so now you have to try and hurt me. (keyword there is try)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast