Hybrid View

Thanks

Advanced Box Cut

This is a tutorial to explain how to make a signature like my latest ones (that are cut-out and are boxed)

1.) take your signature (or make your signature) and it is easiest to start with a full sig, then after it is completed then you add the cut-out style to it, i am using this signature for an example:

[IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v470/Chronologix/Dmx1.gif[/IMG]

2.)you will need to use a simple yet somewhat time consuming method to get the boxes the way you want. You need to use the rectangular marquee selection tool and select the first area you want to box. Then once it is selected then you select Edit->Stroke and use 1px black (for basic) for the latest sig (the RebornAce MGS sig) i used a 3 pixel stroke (see basic sig tut for info on 3px stroke) and start adding your boxes where you want them.
    But make sure that each stroke/box you make is on its own layer (for an easier way to fix mistakes)

[IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v470/Chronologix/misc/box.jpg[/IMG]

3.)Once the boxes are exactly how you want them, then you can merge the layer by selecting them all and pressing ctrl+e, then you can begin to delete the areas of the boxes to make them look like filled boxes that overlap eachother, just zoom in a bit and use the selection tool and delete the areas you want to seem like are overlapped.

[IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v470/Chronologix/misc/box2.jpg[/IMG]

Basicallythis is your basic layout, and all the areas outside of the boxes will be deleted, the easiest way to do this is to take your magic wand tool and make sure you are on the merged stroke layer, then you click outside of the boxes and it should make a selection of a portion (or depending on how you arranged your boxes) or all of the outter area of your sig (exuding the boxed areas) then. If you only have a portion selected then you can press Shift+left mouse in order to select other areas you want to add to your selection.

[IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v470/Chronologix/misc/box3.jpg[/IMG]

Once the entire area is selected that you want to delete them you simply go from frame to frame and press delete (you delete the areas from your background, brushing, image, every other layer until you reach transparent)

[IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v470/Chronologix/misc/box4.jpg[/IMG]

That is basically it for the technique, you can get alot more technical (making smaller and more boxes) adding different pixel strokes, boxes inside boxes, etc. etc. and you can also use the basic animation to link a gradient to the stroke layer to make an animation that seems like the border shines.

Ending Product:

[IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v470/Chronologix/Signature%20Extra/dmxb.gif[/IMG]

It is quite simple to do...but you need to experiment with it more to make it look nicer, there are lots of ways you can advance on this technique to make it better and better

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Nice, but you should also teach them how to do that glow.

It's just a gradient fill, but thats what makes it look the best.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Threadstarter
    Bobo's Trainer
    Thanks
    what glow?

Thanks
    I think hes talking about the animated shine on the Edges of each box

Threadstarter
    Bobo's Trainer
    Thanks
    that is already explained in my other tutorial "Basic Animation" maybe he should look there first (if that is indeed what he is talking about)

Thanks
    I have to try this one out.

Thanks
    Can It Be Downloaded For Free?????????if Not Can U Share It??

Thanks
    yes plz cuz *cryin* i have da trial one... well its downloadin rite now but i want da full version wit out spendin da 0$ i got *sad* ya im broke

Thanks
    this is a pretty old tut, learned it long ago in GR
    ,___,
    (O,o) O'RLY?
    /)__ )
    -''-"-

Thanks
    i dont care took me da whole day but i got it figured out ya baby

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scuartas For This Useful Post:

vavvo966 (08-07-2010)

Threadstarter
    Bobo's Trainer
    Thanks
    ok you probably have a locked white background layer correct? double click it andd unlock it, then delete the cutout areas from it so that it becomes transparent on the entire outter area of the sig.

Thanks
    you can you upload your adobe here......what are members for right