Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

The Scale of the Universe

Makes you realize how insignificant you are.

Click here:
    https://apod.nasa.gov/image/1203/scal...erse_huang.swf
    Minecraft world is the same size as Uranus.

Check out more astronomical phenomena pictures with explanations by professional astronomers here:

Astronomy Picture of the Day Archive

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AVGN For This Useful Post:

Black Eyed Peas (06-05-2012),Delko DJ (06-05-2012),Fox (06-05-2012),Paul (06-05-2012),[MPGH]Time (06-04-2012),Xion8200 (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Seth Shostak: ET is (probably) out there -- get ready | Video on TED.com
    Also makes you realize that there are probably much more advance races out there :O

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    That was quite entertaining! Thanks for sharing the link!
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
    Justin's Alternate Account!
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quite a fun journey ... Now back to reality.
    NEVER GOING TO REACH FARTHEST THAN PLUTO.

7xFox
    rabir007 - Cataclypse - Drifts - 3xBananaBoy - 2xjhonwdss
    3xNoShameAlts - 2xClubLife[7] - hunnuke
    3xpantsonfire - blackandyellow17
    MUJJ - the7skulls - wasredskin92 - Unit113

List of successful trades but they got banned later.
    2xcozi94 - BurnRed¤ - rtdt44 - Kelly2580

Gamerusher (Direct scam, just an average noob)
    F10 (Charged back the money)
    SeaNanners (Recovered by owner)
    Hayakuda (Got the money back though)
    d1nam1t (Got the account back though)
    [oG]Brian (Scammed by his brother using his account)

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    To think, we're made of the stuff that is out there... And our lives are but a picosecond in the greater scope.
    Last edited by Liz; 06-04-2012 at 08:53 PM.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    To think, we're made of the stuff that is out there... And our lives are but a picosecond in the greater scope.
    No, our lives are on the order of years. Just because the scale is gigantic doesn't mean you get to be inaccurate.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    That is pretty hard to comprehend how large our universe really is.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by derkman View Post
    That is pretty hard to comprehend how large our universe really is.
    I wonder if it's never ending ...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

I wonder if it's never ending ...
    To me it must be. I don't see how there would be some spot where you just can't go past. Though who knows, maybe there is some "end" to everything.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Thanks for the share, its interesting .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Also the smallest object is the "Space Time Fabric" Ripping it off would be like ripping off reality

Strygwyr, the Bloodseeker
    "For the Flayed Twins, I seek blood."

Add me up on Steam : Knight Lock

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Interesting, took me like 5 minutes to zoom all the way in. If Kim Jong's penis was on that scale you'd have to zoom in for like 50 days.

Thanks
    That's very interesting. I personally don't think that there is anything more advanced than us humans currently. I just don't believe in extraterrestrials. Why? Well, look at it this way.

Though, I think Science, and this in general opens everyone's mind.. I mean.. WHY is it that Earth is such a perfect planet that we have a perfect system of life? How is it possible that OXYGEN is here, an atmosphere, and how is it we ended up here? We have a full living system. Animals. Isn't it that if Earth was a few thousand KMs closer to the sun we'd all burn up? How is it that Earth is such in a PERFECT position to give us, humans, a perfect living condition?

Now, I'm going kind of.. extraterrestrial kind of talk here right now, but..

Your parents. They have sex, and they make a kid. Now, how are YOU able to control yourself. Just, look at it from someone else's perspective. How am I, me? How am I able to type this message right now? How was my "soul" put into THIS body? Why wasn't I my best friend? It's odd, isn't it? Now, what if your parents never had you? Would you end up as someone else? Would you never be alive? It's all so weird, if you open your mind up.

Now, us as Humans still don't know how we are here. Hell, some people say we evolved from cells, some say we evolved from apes and monkeys. Though, how would we adapt from apes and monkeys? Yes, they are almost exactly like us.. But, how would THEY transform into US? If you look at it in the big picture, there is quite a significant difference between us.

Once again, going into another "talk", but.. We seem to be the only animal / mammal that can actually communicate. How do we talk? Who invented English? I mean, who invented words, and their meanings? You think someone just wrote some words down and we called it English? Because there are so many words, with so many different meanings. Yes, English came from Latin, and other languages, but.. It's not like they didn't need definitions for their words.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus- View Post
    That's very interesting. I personally don't think that there is anything more advanced than us humans currently. I just don't believe in extraterrestrials. Why? Well, look at it this way.

Though, I think Science, and this in general opens everyone's mind.. I mean.. WHY is it that Earth is such a perfect planet that we have a perfect system of life? How is it possible that OXYGEN is here, an atmosphere, and how is it we ended up here? We have a full living system. Animals. Isn't it that if Earth was a few thousand KMs closer to the sun we'd all burn up? How is it that Earth is such in a PERFECT position to give us, humans, a perfect living condition?

Your parents. They have sex, and they make a kid. Now, how are YOU able to control yourself. Just, look at it from someone else's perspective. How am I, me? How am I able to type this message right now? How was my "soul" put into THIS body? Why wasn't I my best friend? It's odd, isn't it? Now, what if your parents never had you? Would you end up as someone else? Would you never be alive? It's all so weird, if you open your mind up.

Now, us as Humans still don't know how we are here. Hell, some people say we evolved from cells, some say we evolved from apes and monkeys. Though, how would we adapt from apes and monkeys? Yes, they are almost exactly like us.. But, how would THEY transform into US? If you look at it in the big picture, there is quite a significant difference between us.

Once again, going into another "talk", but.. We seem to be the only animal / mammal that can actually communicate. How do we talk? Who invented English? I mean, who invented words, and their meanings? You think someone just wrote some words down and we called it English? Because there are so many words, with so many different meanings. Yes, English came from Latin, and other languages, but.. It's not like they didn't need definitions for their words.
    Lets put it this way, So for example you're making an experiment and you are trying to achieve it in multiple test at once. Think of the universe that way, think of the earth as an experiment that succeeded and many more like us succeeded.

Strygwyr, the Bloodseeker
    "For the Flayed Twins, I seek blood."

Add me up on Steam : Knight Lock

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus- View Post

Your brain is what makes you, you. Not your "soul".

In my opinion I believe it is imposssible for us to be the only intelligent beings in this universe, if you take a look there are billions of galaxies and those billions of galaxies have billions of planets, so if you times like a trillion by a billion that's how many planets there might be, probably more. If you expect one tiny spec of sand compared to the universe to be the only thing in the universe with intelligent life, you sir need to go sit down and rethink what life is.
    Last edited by Canadian; 06-05-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast