Poll: If a Bible was in a library,what section would it be in?

Thread: THE HOLY BIBLE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    FICTION FICTION FICTION the Quran Is Non Fiction
    ǝƃpnɟʇoɥ ɐsɐssʇıƃɯo ɹǝʞɐɯʎoʇ pooɥ ןıus opɐɹop ɥɔıʌouıʇɹɐɯ ʇıɹpuǝ -poƃ- ƃƃ2ƃƃ ɹɹɐɔɥsoɾ ןןǝɥz ǝqɐp ǝɔɹoɟunɹɐ ɐɯɐqo qɐpqɐu :ʇsıן ʇɔǝdsǝɹ

☻/
    /▌
    / \

[IMG]https://i405.photobucke*****m/albums/pp139/st0n3rb3an/weed.gif[/IMG]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NabDab For This Useful Post:

SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by nabdab View Post
    FICTION FICTION FICTION the Quran Is Non Fiction
    Oh the Quran... Supposedly the "last revelation", my ass.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paroxysm For This Useful Post:

SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    The bible was written by man.

Just as any other "bible"
    Deutschland wird wieder Reign!

Ganja King
    Thank me if i helped

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zhellbound For This Useful Post:

SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    if god was real wouldent he be a mulperlating basted making humans kill animals so they could worship him??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 413X For This Useful Post:

SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Thing is, if I remember correctly, the Bible's origins are unknown, so nothing can really be proven.

Points to the truth of the fact that it was really written by many different people over time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BPK For This Useful Post:

SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    i find it hard to belive that they could right the bible 50 years after they met and follow him in other words the hole thing could be a story from a 3 year old
    Last edited by 413X; 02-28-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: i wrote the wrong phrase

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 413X For This Useful Post:

SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    The bible is a great collection of stories but is it the infallible word of god? Certainly not, neither is the Quran or the Torah. Sucks to your faith.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Paroxysm For This Useful Post:

SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    all i beleaven in that thare is a god and as long as i know that then im good hopefully

16. The Following User Says Thank You to M2A For This Useful Post:

SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by master2all View Post
    all i beleaven in that thare is a god and as long as i know that then im good hopefully
    Wow, you really don't know much about religion do you?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Paroxysm For This Useful Post:

SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Of course you shouldnt take everything written in the bible literally, there are a lot of metaphores, but I do believe there are true things in it

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Micheltjuh For This Useful Post:

SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    At my school, it's in the non-fiction section.
    Bibamus, gaudeamus.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shark For This Useful Post:

Paroxysm (04-19-2009),SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Well I'm just trying to spread the good news.

More good news

The Menstruation Cycle According to God:

Leviticus 15:19-30
    And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.

So is menstruation a sin? If not why burn an offering as atonement?
    Read the whole Bible.

Part of it says you don't need to listen to Leviticus.
    Bibamus, gaudeamus.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Shark For This Useful Post:

SpaceTime (03-01-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by SnilNotSnail View Post
    Read the whole Bible.

Part of it says you don't need to listen to Leviticus.

So we should ignore all this? It's all from Leviticus

# God gives detailed instructions for performing ritualistic animal sacrifices. such bloody rituals must be important to God, judging from the number of times that he repeats their instructions. Indeed the entire first nine chapters of Leviticus can be summarized as follows: Get an animal, kill it, sprinkle the blood around, cut the dead animal into pieces, and burn it for a "sweet savor unto the Lord." Chapters 1 - 9

# "For a sweet savour unto the Lord." 1:17, 2:2, 2:9, 2:12, 3:5, 3:16, 6:15, 6:21

# "It is a thing most holy of the offerings of the LORD made by fire." 2:10

# When you are making your animal sacrifices, be sure to remember that "all the fat is the Lord's." God loves blood and guts, but most especially fat. And he doesn't like to share! 3:16

# "If a soul shall sin through ignorance...." But how can someone "sin through ignorance?" Don't your have to at least know that an act is wrong before it can be sinful? 4:2, 13, 22, 27

# "The priest shall dip his finger in the blood and sprinkle the blood seven times before the Lord." 4:6, 4:17

# If you touch any unclean thing (like a dead cow or a bug) or the "uncleanness of man" (?), then you'll be both unclean and guilty. 5:2-3

# "If a soul ... sin through ignorance...." 5:15, 17

# Whatever touches the dead body of a burnt offering becomes holy. 6:25-27

# Be careful what you eat during these animal sacrifices. Don't eat fat or blood -- these are for God. (And he doesn't like to share!) 7:18-27

# God gives instructions for "wave offerings" and "heave offerings." He says these offerings are to be made perpetually "by a statute for ever." Have you made your heave offering today? 7:30-36

# Moses dresses up his brother Aaron with "the curious girdle of the ephod." 8:7-8

# God's magical Urim and Thummim 8:8

# Moses does it all for God. First he kills an animal; wipes the blood on Aaron's ears, thumbs, and big toes. Then he sprinkles blood round about and waves the guts before the Lord. Finally he burns the whole mess for "a sweet savour before the Lord." 8:14-32

# Kill the calf, dip your finger in the blood, sprinkle the blood round about, burn the fat and entrails, and wave the breast for a wave offering before the Lord. 9:8-21

# God sent a fire to burn the dead animals and all the people "shouted and fell on their faces." 9:24

# God commands the Israelites to keep doing these wave and heave offerings "by a statute forever." 10:15

# Clams, oysters, crabs, lobsters, and shrimp are abominations to God. 11:10-12

# Four-legged fowls are abominations. 11:20

# Be sure to watch out for those "other flying creeping things which have four feet." (I wish God wouldn't get so technical!) I guess he must mean four-legged insects. You'd think that since God made the insects, and so many of them (at least several million species), that he would know how many legs they have! 11:23

# Don't touch any dead creeping things. 11:31

# If your hair has fallen out, you are bald, yet clean. And if your hair falls out from the part of your head toward your face, you are forehead bald, yet clean. 13:40-41

# "The swine ... is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch." 11:7-8

# "Every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination." 11:41

# "Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet ... are an abomination." 11:42

# "Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth." 11:43

# God's law for lepers: Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the leper seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly off. Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe. Repeat. Finally kill a couple doves and offer one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. 14:2-52

# Long, tiresome, and disgusting instructions regarding the treatment of men who have a "running issue" out of their "flesh." Very enlightening. "And if he that hath the issue spit upon him that is clean ..." 15:2-15

# This passage tells you what to do if you get your "seed of copulation" on yourself, your clothes, or your partner. Thank God this is in the Bible. 15:16-18, 32

# God explains the use of scapegoats. It goes like this: Get two goats. Kill one. Wipe, smear, and sprinkle the blood around seven times. Then take the other goat, give it the sins of all the people, and send it off into the wilderness. 16:6-28

# Sprinkle the blood and burn the fat for a sweet savour unto the Lord. 17:6

# Don't "uncover the nakedness" of any of your relatives or neighbors. Just ask them to keep their clothes on while you are around. 18:6-18, 20

# "Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is apart for her uncleanness," Don't even look at a menstruating woman. 18:19

# "Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with a mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee." 19:19

# God tells the Israelites that the fruit from fruit trees is "uncircumcised" for three years after the trees are planted. 19:23

# Don't eat anything with blood, don't round the corners of your head, mar the corners of your beard, make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, or print any marks on you. 19:26-28

# Stay away from wizards and people with familiar spirits. 19:31

# If you "lie" with your wife and your mother-in-law (now that sounds fun!), then all three of your must be burned to death. 20:14

# Priests must not "make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard." 21:5

# The high priest shall not "go in to any dead body, nor defile himself for his father, or for his mother." 21:11

# Handicapped people cannot approach the altar of God. They would "profane" it. 21:16-23

# Anyone with a "flat nose, or any thing superfluous" must stay away from the altar of God. 21:18

# A man with damaged testicles must not "come nigh to offer the bread of his God." 21:20

# A man who is unclean, or is a leper, or has a "running issue", or "whose seed goeth from him", or who touches any dead or "creeping thing" ... "shall not eat of the holy things, until he be clean." 22:3-5

# God gives us more instructions on killing and burning animals. I guess the first nine chapters of Leviticus wasn't enough. He says we must do this because he really likes the smell -- it is "a sweet savour unto the Lord." 23:12-14, 18

# God will make it so that 100 Israelites can defeat an army of 10,000. 26:8

# God describes the torments that he has planned for those who displease him. The usual stuff: plagues, burning fevers that will consume the eyes, etc. but he reserves the worst for the little children. He says "ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it," "I will send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children," and "ye shall eat the flesh of your sons and daughters." But if you humble your uncircumcised heart, God won't do all these nasty things to you. It's your choice. 26:16-41

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    And this:

18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

God must have REALLY fucked up when writing Leviticus... damn, after he wrote it he must have been like:

OH FUCK

P.S. Don't Read Leviticus, I Have A Drinking Problem.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 03-02-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Okay. I'm an extremely religious Catholic, and I think that a poll on what the section the Holy Bible would be in a library is an extremely ridiculous idea. The Word of God is true through and through. God said let there be a universe and so it was. Don't believe all that "Big Bang" shit. It's not true. Okay? God is real, and that is the best thing that happened to you all. Who made life? God. Who made the atmosphere? God. Who wanted us to live? God. And who will love us no matter what we do? God. Okay? There you have it. God is the greatest person who ever lived.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast