Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

MPGH News Team Applications

The MPGH News Team is back, and hopefully better than before.

MPGH News Team Application
    Code:
    Your name:  (YOUR name. We can see your forum name.)
    Time Zone: 
    Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10): (Be honest, this is essential to be in the MPGH News Team. Don't lie).
    Do you have experience of being on a news team, or writing a news section?:
    Pick a position from the list below and explain in detail why you would want to do that:
    Can you meet the deadline of Thursday night every week to have your assignment completed?:    
    Give us a brief summary of why YOU think you should be apart of the MPGH News Team:
    Positions Available
    >>Global News

>>Contest News

>>1 Interviewer Position
    Last edited by Ravallo; 06-12-2012 at 07:27 PM.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

Royce (06-14-2012)

Thanks
    Good luck to all applicants. I'll review your application thoroughly, and I'll be able to see any flaws, or lies within it. I recommend you take your time, and speak the truth - you'll have a better chance at getting in.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Your name: Wouter
    Time Zone: GMT +1 (Amsterdam)
    Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10): 9/10
    Do you have experience of being on a news team, or writing a news section?: Yes.
    Pick a position from the list below and explain in detail why you would want to do that: Unsure which one covers the possible Newsletter?
    Can you meet the deadline of Thursday night every week to have your assignment completed?: Most likely
    Give us a brief summary of why YOU think you should be apart of the MPGH News Team: Loyal, active, capable and willing to contribute.

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ravallo For This Useful Post:

.REZ (06-12-2012),[MPGH]Austin (06-12-2012),[MPGH]Ghost (06-13-2012),[MPGH]Psychotic (06-12-2012),Royce (06-14-2012),[MPGH]Time (06-14-2012)

Thanks
    Thanks @Dave84311 for sticking the thread!

Thanks @Ravallo for editing the thread post for me!

-Applicants
    There was 2 editor positions open, and I forgot to show the positions available within the OP. There are NO MORE editor positions. Scata, and Ravallo have taken the duty of Editor. Feel free to edit your post and apply for one of the positions available. If you want a description of each (even though they are self explanatory) you can PM/VM me.

We also MAY need help with a possible newsletter that will go out every month! (Coded in preferably HTML/etc)
    Last edited by Psychotic; 06-12-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Deleted application from Clayton as requested. Ravallo stickied the thread not Dave.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    Your name: Tristan
    Time Zone: GMT -4
    Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10): 8
    Do you have experience of being on a news team, or writing a news section?: Partially, I have written about global news for my AP Government class.
    Pick a position from the list below and explain in detail why you would want to do that: Global News, because I have always been interested in global news because those global events effect life for everyone and I feel everyone should know what has happened an how it affected them and I want to bring it to them.
    Can you meet the deadline of Thursday night every week to have your assignment completed?: Yes
    Give us a brief summary of why YOU think you should be apart of the MPGH News Team: I have always wanted to contribute for MPGH, however I do not have very unique talents, such as knowing how to code in C++, however I am excellent at do very well in school and studying, which was never much help on MPGH. Now I could actually contribute to site with the skills I have at hand, which would be writing effective pieces of literature. I have a text that I conceived last week about the precision of the movie Black Hawk Down compared to Operation Gothic Serpent if you want to look at my writing. I am wholeheartedly willing to contribute to the MPGH News Team.
    Last edited by Commander X; 06-13-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Commander X For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Psychotic (06-16-2012)

Thanks

Your name:
    Brandon.

Time Zone:
    UTC/GMT -5 hours (Maryland, USA)

Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10):
    9-9.5/10.

Yup.

Pick a position from the list below and explain in detail why you would want to do that:
    Top choice: Interviewer position. Why that choice? I am very good at communicating with other people and taking other ideas and working with them. I know how to start an interview, or even a conversation unlike some people. I also know how to lay down the law when need be.

2nd choice: Contest news. Why that choice? I am very active in the Graphics Section where SOTW takes place and I post there enough to know what's going on.

Can you meet the deadline of Thursday night every week to have your assignment completed?:
    Since it's summer break now, yes.

Give us a brief summary of why YOU think you should be apart of the MPGH News Team:
    I'm starting to become more active and I think I could really contribute to the team. I also have better English, spelling, and grammar skills than most people out here. (No offense/non-cocky)
    Last edited by Galaxy_; 06-13-2012 at 12:10 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Galaxy_ For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Austin (06-13-2012),[MPGH]Psychotic (06-16-2012),[MPGH]Time (06-14-2012)

Thanks
    Your name: khayaam ( I like royce better )
    Time Zone: -4 Eastern
    Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10): 7
    Do you have experience of being on a news team, or writing a news section?: In school we always did current events, and I was in yearbook staff
    Pick a position from the list below and explain in detail why you would want to do that: Contest News or 1 interview position
    Can you meet the deadline of Thursday night every week to have your assignment completed?: Yeah
    I am really active
    I am getting better with my english
    I have experience from being in the yearbook staff
    I am capable of doing it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Your name: (James)
    Time Zone: GMT+1
    Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10): (1/10).
    Do you have experience of being on a news team, or writing a news section?:No
    Can you meet the deadline of Thursday night every week to have your assignment completed?:yes
    Give us a brief summary of why YOU think you should be apart of the MPGH News Team: I can do the job

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Registration For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Psychotic (06-16-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Your name: (YOUR name. We can see your forum name.) Mason

Time Zone: Central Time

Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10): (Be honest, this is essential to be in the MPGH News Team. Don't lie). I think I'm between 8.5/9.5 I write with good English and grammar.

Do you have experience of being on a news team, or writing a news section?: I don't have experience in writing news but writing articles I am good at with very fluent writing.

Pick a position from the list below and explain in detail why you would want to do that: Contest News/Global News I can do either it would be cool for me to do contest though because that's the section I want to build upon I can also do Global News like if we were announcing a new add-on such as the vBulletin Shop I could announce that to the community

Can you meet the deadline of Thursday night every week to have your assignment completed?: Absolutely.

Give us a brief summary of why YOU think you should be apart of the MPGH News Team: I think I should be apart of the MPGH News Team because this is a chance so express my writing skills in ways and show you guys my grammar I could really help you'll out with upcoming contests and new things coming to MPGH I might not be known since I join at least 2 weeks ago but I think it could be a cool thing to do with summer like writing articles.
    Last edited by Indeligents; 06-14-2012 at 11:12 AM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Indeligents For This Useful Post:

Extractional (06-14-2012),Irie (06-14-2012),[MPGH]Psychotic (06-16-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Your name:
    Mats

Time Zone:
    Central US

Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10):
    10/10, you've seen my English and grammar.

Yes, I write news daily for the servers I frequent in games, I did a journalism class as an elective. I also interviewed people in the shortlived MPGH Runescape News, which flopped over due to lack of interest, however I don't think MPGH News will have that problem.

Interviewer position, I feel like I would enjoy a Q/A more than I would writing up news, so it seems like a natural choice. I also would like the position as a news team member, as it also interests me. With the experience I have, I feel like I'd be an asset to the team.

Yes, I can meet the deadline every week.

I'm a long time user of MPGH, and I think we could use more active and well-known users on the News Team. I also really want to manage the interviews, it sounds like a fun side job.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paladin For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Austin (06-16-2012),[MPGH]Psychotic (06-16-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Your name: (YOUR name. We can see your forum name.) Sherif Sameh
    Time Zone: GMT +2
    Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10): (Be honest, this is essential to be in the MPGH News Team. Don't lie). 7
    Do you have experience of being on a news team, or writing a news section?: Yes i do have experience
    Pick a position from the list below and explain in detail why you would want to do that: Contest Reporter
    Can you meet the deadline of Thursday night every week to have your assignment completed?: Yes
    Give us a brief summary of why YOU think you should be apart of the MPGH News Team: It was my idea to bring back MPGH news in the first place , and i know my grammer is bad but my position won't use grammer in it because i am going report the contests only

Good luck all
    Last edited by Hexicidal; 06-16-2012 at 10:16 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hexicidal For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Time (06-16-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Your name: Mustafa Mahran
    Time Zone: GMT + 2
    Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10): 7.
    Do you have experience of being on a news team, or writing a news section?:I suggested this idea for dave before I know of the news Team applications
    Pick a position from the list below and explain in detail why you would want to do that: Global News
    Give us a brief summary of why YOU think you should be apart of the MPGH News Team: Perfect English , Fast Typing Have Knowledge of every mpgh section Can Cover any Event .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

My name: My name is Stefan Alfonsi

Time Zone: EST(US)

Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10): 8.5.

Do you have experience of being on a news team, or writing a news section?: I was in publications for my first two years of High School, and I am joining the school's paper next year.

Pick a position from the list below and explain in detail why you would want to do that: I can do any available position.
    Can you meet the deadline of Thursday night every week to have your assignment completed?: You can count on it.

Give us a brief summary of why YOU think you should be apart of the MPGH News Team: My teachers have always told me that I am a bright young man and mommy says I'm special . On the other hand, I have always received a 95% or higher in English(Please don't ask about my other grades, ouch), and I like to think of myself as relatively creative.
    Last edited by denarium; 06-16-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    [IMG]https://i1122.photobucke*****m/albums/l535/denarium/Denarium.jpg[/IMG]

Successful trades:
    Toasty. - Without MM
    Shunnai - With MM

scammed by:
    GunDealer

Crossfire New IGM: RexGladiorum

I'll help anyone in crossfire to Pinpoint or Bhop in ghost mode to try and reduce the number of people who hack just because they can't, so just PM or message me in-game and I'l be glad to help

Thanks

Your name: Ryan

Time Zone: EST Standard (8:40 right now)

Rate your grammar, spelling, and English skills (1-10): 9/10 (been in advanced english for years and my mom is a court reporter/ typist so spelling/grammar has been a pretty big deal).

Do you have experience of being on a news team, or writing a news section?: Yes. I was on the morning announcements for my school and used to write reviews for air soft guns. Also, I have had to turn in a paper on "current events" every friday for the last 9 months during school.

Pick a position from the list below and explain in detail why you would want to do that: Global News/Interviewer, I have written current events and such and thing I would be great at writing global events. I also think it would be really fun to interview people. In detail: I have actually wanted to be on a news team for a while and a few years ago tried to make my own magazine (didn't work out at all! - if you would like to know more about the magazine as an example, PM me (Staff members reviewing this app)). I have interviewed people before, but not really with a purpose. I think I would be good at it though. Q/A wouldn't be hard for me to write.

Can you meet the deadline of Thursday night every week to have your assignment completed?: Yes, I'm good at getting things done. I will be ready and organized every week.

Give us a brief summary of why YOU think you should be apart of the MPGH News Team: As I said before, I have been in advanced english for years and try to do alot for the community. This is something I can do for it, other than programming. I love to write actually and used to write stories and as I stated above tried to start a magazine. Hopefully I will get the chance to help the community by becoming a news team member!

NOTE: I am not advertising the magazine in ANY way. Simply stating a reference. If any minion or staff member DOES think it is advertising, please take out those links, but don't ban me for simply giving an example to the news team. Thanks.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by StupidFuck; 06-17-2012 at 07:43 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StupidFuck For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Austin (06-17-2012),[MPGH]Psychotic (06-22-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast