Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

The legend of Korra and Eureka7: Ao [VERSUS] Originals.

Let me start off by saying: I watched Avatar and E7:Psalms. I loved them both and they both are relatively similar in a lot of aspects. I don't like watch a lot of anime twice, but these two i have watched a lot more than that.

Since most of you haven't seen E7:Psalms, I'm going to start with avatar. I'm not going to bother explaining what happens, what the story is about, or anything else. If you want a summary go wiki it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    TLoK

The legend of Korra starts off really.....lackluster. Its got the avatar touch of animation down, the character designs, the voice, the small bit of comedy........but nothing is important. Comparing this opening act to avatar is a joke really. There is no plot from day 1. Thats really really sad. Like no opening attack, nothing. You get korra training for air bending with no stress or importance at all besides "shes' the avatar".
    -This whole opening is completely opposite than the original.

Secondly, steampunk. Wha.....how.......I'm really just baffled at their use of electricity and technology and how certain things are ok but others not.(kinda like in naruto how they have headsets).

Third, the equalist are ENTIRELY RIGHT. Holy balls is that funny. The bad guys are entirely right in their logic and it makes every single main character look like an asshole.(in korra). Of course they fall under the "stupid bad guy plan" and don't actually solve this in any reasonable fashion, but it goes a long way to say that the bad guys are right.
    -If you don't know, the bad guys want equality between benders and normal people. Such as you can imagine that you are less valuable as a person if you can't spit fire from your hand and such. Not only that, they go on to point out that EVERY war was started because of benders(which is actually true sadly).

Sadly though, amon's "eradicate bending" is the stupidest idea ever. It would take an extremely long amount of time to accomplish(more than his lifetime) and what is always odd about this series is that bending is half and half. Its never directly through genes, nor is it through random selection all the time either.
    ----------------------
    In summary[Korra] is not what i liked about avatar. Its nice to see a good dub anime, but korra is extremely generic and there is no central plot outside of "amon is probably going to do something bad". I mean really, this whole "revolution" thing has been done......to the ground. Its nothing new and quite frankly i'm surprised they did something like this instead of doing another nation.

Also: This whole "bending game" thing is just so boring..... I would love some more duels like the original.
    ---------------------------

E7:Ao.

Ok so here is what you need to know.

Has nothing to do with the original in plot or characters. Nothing, at all. You see that Eureka, gramps, and Nirvash? Yeah those aren't the same ones from the original. They literally have nothing in common.

A) For one, the whole plot of Psalms had a LOT to do with kids being at the heart of the war and how they had to grow up fast to cope with all this. In Ao only kids can fly the machines.
    B) Japan didn't exist. The entirety of Psalms was in a non-earth planet.
    C) None of this racist anti-jap bullshit.
    D) Same shit with korra, task force bullshit that takes no imagination.

In summary: If you never watched Psalms and are ok with generic bland anime. Go ahead. If you did watch Psalms, stay clear there is nothing for you.
    Last edited by Empire; 06-29-2012 at 05:02 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Shakugan no Shana (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    I've seen both E7s,and I must say that all your points are valid. E7:Ao was horrible imo.
    As far as TLoK goes,I've only seen about 3 eps. I didn't really expect TLoK to be able to fill Avatar's shoes in the first place.

Ex-Minion
    Ex-Mod
    8/17/11

Greycloak
    Midcent
    MrAntagonist
    WomboCombo
    JakeyXD
    Wolfram

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Korra is OK but its not great, and they do a lot of stupid things with it. and i mean a LOT.

The show ends at 12 episodes btw.
    Last edited by Empire; 06-29-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Korra was idiotic, there was no reason to throw away the old characters instead of just continuing the original series after the war and answer some of the questions we've been asking. It didn't live up the ALTA in any way, generic characters, no sense of urgency, etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakugan no Shana View Post
    Korra was idiotic, there was no reason to throw away the old characters instead of just continuing the original series after the war and answer some of the questions we've been asking. It didn't live up the ALTA in any way, generic characters, no sense of urgency, etc.
    I think the end of airbender zuko asked where his mother was, and that was it lol.