Thanks

Botting 101

Botting 101
    - How to set up a bot
    - Recommendations on how not to get banned
    - Common issues
    - Other random stuff

How to set up a bot

How to make a .cfg file (current as of 5.19.12)
    Most commands are un-bindable using this method. If you are trying to use a bot such as Woo.exe, then the only commands you need to bind via these steps are "cc_send_start_game_message" and "cc_shiplist_ui". If you try to use patched binds, then the game will crash when you press the key they are bound to.

1 - Download an injector, such as PerX, SinJect, or MetaJect. If you are checking this thread long after this original post, make sure you check the main page of Vindictus Hacks to be sure you have the latest version of all the hacks. Also, hacks marked as "PATCHED" do NOT WORK AT ALL.
    2 - Download the .dlls you wish to use, or if available, a standalone console, such as VinPub9.3, an automatic pre-binding console, or a detected console such as BaseCon2, or a non-detected public console (which does not exist at the time of this post).
    3 - Open notepad and write each line to be bound as below. Lastly, put "host_writeconfig" as a line, with an extra enter so the last line is blank.

Note: If you are using a console marked as "DETECTED", then the following 4 steps must be done very quickly. If you get the hackshield message before you've closed out vindictus, you failed and must do it again. If you are using a private or non-detected console, then you are done the .cfg creation procedure after step 5.
    4 - Open your injector, load your .dlls including the console, and inject the .dlls while Vindi starts. If you use PerX, automatic injection usually works well. Or if you have a standalone console, start it.
    5 - Copy the text from the notepad you created in step 3 and paste it into the console.
    6 - Copy the .cfg file in C:\Nexon\Vindictus\cfg to another directory, like your desktop.
    7 - Close the console to force-quit Vindictus.
    8 - Delete the .cfg file in the folder C:\Nexon\Vindictus\cfg and copy/paste the version you backed up in another directory in step 6.
    9 - Re-inject only your NON-DETECTED .dll hacks as in step 4. in GUI

How to partially make a .cfg file (current as of 12.16.12)
    Most commands do not work with this method. Two that do are cc_send_start_game_message (skips boat intro scene and skips map levels), and cc_shiplisti_ui (brings up dungeon board at docks from anywhere). Custom commands, like ohk or godmode will not work.

1 - Download the ConfigCryptor, a .cfg editor.
    2 - Place the .exe in the same directory as the .cfg file you wish to edit.
    3 - Make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) installed.
    4 - Run the .exe; you will see a DOS window pop up and disappear. Open the .cfg file with notebad and use the same format as you see to bind new commands.
    5 - When finished, right click on the .cfg, click properties and mark as "read only" so Vindictus.exe does not edit it.

How to use Woo.exe
    Woo.exe is a standalone program. You can run the program at any time and press the "Home" key to activate the GUI where you would start the bot from. For Woo.exe and most other script bots, you will need to make a .cfg file using the steps above, and have a hack, such as VinPub, already injected into the game. For detailed instructions on how to customize the different features of Woo.exe, check the main forum page of Vindictus Hacks for the most recent version.

How to make a bot
    If you are not familiar with C++, I would recommend using a program called "AutoIt". It takes time, especially if you want to do fancy things like color detection. But AutoIt's forum is very helpful if you don't mention using it for violating a game's TOS via botting. AutoIt scripts (.au3 files) can be run at any time if the program is installed, or it can be packed into an .exe using the tools provided by the developers. For encryption, more tools must be used. Also, if you post an .exe file on here, it will most likely get detected by hackshield within a few days/week, while the .au3 files will not be.

Example of what a "Console" looks like:

If injected correctly, this window will pop up after Vindictus loads the boat screen. This is where you would type/paste/bind commands.

Recommendations on how not to get banned
    - Do not spam 90 second solo hero runs. Either bot in a party, try to keep your character geared (no naked ss's), or keep the run times to a reasonable amount. Most easy/hard missions can be run in 5-10 minutes, where hero runs will usually need longer times.
    - Do not level up too quickly. Botting can net you lvl 50-70 in well under a day, but obviously this cannot be done manually. You will be seen on the leaderboards. Try to keep it down to 20-50 runs a day.
    - Try to get some of the storyline. Yes, it takes longer, but if you're seen in town with more than 2 titles, you might not get reported. Also, the storyline unlocks a lot of experience and can level you up almost as fast as botting at times.
    - Don't take the command "cc_send_start_game_message" as the leaderboard skip for granted. Check the error report pictures in your "My Docs" folder; you will probably find some pretty incriminating screen shots...

Common issues
    - I am trying to inject ConsoLite, but the game keeps closing. As stated above and a million times in other threads: Don't Use PATCHED Hacks. They won't work AT ALL. Try Nico's BaseCon.
    - All I want is ohk and god mode; how do I do this? VinPub9.3 (current to time of this post) already automatically binds those commands. Just inject it and it already is bound to the numpad keys.
    - VinPub keeps getting detected for me, but everyone says it should work. The .dat file created by VinPub must be deleted EVERY TIME just before you start vindictus. The .dat file is detected, but the .dll is not.

Other random stuff
    - Don't make a karok bot. Tho I have no reason to support my findings, karok bots are extremely glitchy and won't run as smoothly over long stretches as evies and lanns. My guess is it has something to do with the game file.
    - Sometimes injectors fail. If you don't see Nico's message box, then the injection failed. This is a common problem on XP and Vista.
    - Vista doesn't always work with all the hacks. Get windows 7. If you go to college, most likely the software department/website sells it to you at a highly discounted rate. You can also probably still buy the software after you graduate. I bought my legit copy with 10 licenses for $10.
    - Color detection used in most bots doesn't always work on crappy computers. For older graphics cards or too many VMs running on a system, the color on your screen can flicker in and out which messes with the color detection. You may not be able to see it with your naked eye, but the program can. Unfortunately, there is no fix for this other than hardware upgrade.
    Last edited by maddoggy00; 12-16-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Updating some infos

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

Tutorials for consoles and hacks

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to maddoggy00 For This Useful Post:

Ayaka (07-10-2012),cain23 (07-25-2012),cmc5414 (08-19-2012),firstoxe (11-23-2013),HaxAttaxxx (07-08-2012),magicb0y (07-15-2012),Meta (07-18-2012),midnight_2128 (07-08-2012),Natralmistik (09-20-2012),OldGreg (07-18-2012),popjaza00 (02-15-2016),shoqe (02-14-2013),sinister96 (12-08-2012),skuo (07-14-2012),sregginlol (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Thnx for this, the reason i messed up earlier was because i was injecting the wrong console lol...
    Looking like a fool i suppose, thnx again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    oh tsk tsk. You should know by now that this belongs in the tutorial section :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    since most people don't bother to go there might as well put it here

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Oh the wisdom is stronk w/ this one

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie View Post
    oh tsk tsk. You should know by now that this belongs in the tutorial section :P
    I was originally gonna put it in there but only the first part is a tutorial, rest info stuff. I figured I'd let Nico make the call.

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    Since noone ever checks the links in the top sticky, we can aswell just stick this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    i dont know where to paste the text at passage 5 cause console dont appear!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by ggiorgio96 View Post
    i dont know where to paste the text at passage 5 cause console dont appear!
    Well, did you follow all the steps and inject a console?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by wolb View Post
    Well, did you follow all the steps and inject a console?
    yes i follow all the step!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    yes i follow all the step!
    which console did you inject?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    i tried both consolite and base but console window dont appear

Thanks
    Read the instructions over again. The whole thing slowly. ConsoLite is PATCHED. aka it doesn't work AT ALL.
    Injection fail = console/nico's vinpub doesn't pop up. Try a different injector.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Just keep trying, it messes up sometimes. If that doesn't work try PerX is you haven't already.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    i tried all injector but they wont work help me!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ggiorgio96 For This Useful Post:

barry57 (02-12-2015)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast