Thanks

What most people dont understand.

Well I'm actually a convert to Islam from Christianity, I used to be Catholic, however I started studying other beliefs. I started in the realm of Christianity so I studied Jehovah's witness and the other sects had very similar beliefs. I then started studying Judaism however I found it to be very selective. Especially since "mainstream Jews do not follow their religion". They are only Jewish because their ancestors were. However I then began to talk to orthodox Jews. I found them to truly follow their religion and found out that conversion is not part of their faith. This is when I began studying Islam. I found out that Muslim means = One who submits or Believer. In fact in the Quraan the Disciples of Jesus Christ are considered to be Muslims. As are all the biblical prophets. Also all Jews and Christians are considered Ehle Khitab or people of the book. They can in a sense be considered Muslim but not fully. In fact when I studied the Quraan I found out that over 600million yes 600MILLION! muslims have memorized the entire book the Quraan. However the quraan is only about 2/3 of the bible. The Quraan is still quite large. Not to mention there is only one universal way to interpret the quraan. And we must understand that THE CONCEPT OF SUICIDE IS NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IN THE QURAAN. Also the rules of warfare are as stated: No Females, Children, maimed, crippeled, or elderly are to be harmed. No living thing ( meaning animal or plant) may be killed in warfare unless it is attacking you. If the enemy gives up or is on the floor and gives up you must ensure his safety by guiding him to a safe place under arrest. It is not allowed that we harm people not directly involved in the physical combat and torture is not allowed. These are a few of the rules of war in Islam. Therefore most Muslim people do not believe in the use of the atomic bomb because it kills innocent civilians and also the environment. I also found out that the word sword is never mentioned in the quraan unlike how it is mentioned in the bible hundreds of times. Now if these tenants are broken then how can the person who is breaking them be muslim. In fact its like an individual saying that he is christian but he does not believe in Jesus Christ, therefore can he be a christian? And if the latter says in the name of Jesus Christ and he goes to a Muslim nation and blows up a mosque is he following the tenants of Christianity(Love)?
    "Remember the greatest sin is Ignorance and arrogance!" -RAS
    I love my quotes. I hope that helped to clear away some misconceptions.
    Last edited by ras786; 03-13-2009 at 06:07 PM.

Thanks
    Well all i Read was you converted and thats all I need. Im a born muslim and im never going to change
    ǝƃpnɟʇoɥ ɐsɐssʇıƃɯo ɹǝʞɐɯʎoʇ pooɥ ןıus opɐɹop ɥɔıʌouıʇɹɐɯ ʇıɹpuǝ -poƃ- ƃƃ2ƃƃ ɹɹɐɔɥsoɾ ןןǝɥz ǝqɐp ǝɔɹoɟunɹɐ ɐɯɐqo qɐpqɐu :ʇsıן ʇɔǝdsǝɹ

☻/
    /▌
    / \

[IMG]https://i405.photobucke*****m/albums/pp139/st0n3rb3an/weed.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    nabdab I converted to ISLAM..... im a Muslim Currently..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by ras786 View Post
    Well I'm actually a convert to Islam from Christianity, I used to be Catholic, however I started studying other beliefs. I started in the realm of Christianity so I studied Jehovah's witness and the other sects had very similar beliefs. I then started studying Judaism however I found it to be very selective. Especially since "mainstream Jews do not follow their religion". They are only Jewish because their ancestors were. However I then began to talk to orthodox Jews. I found them to truly follow their religion and found out that conversion is not part of their faith. This is when I began studying Islam. I found out that Muslim means = One who submits or Believer. In fact in the Quraan the Disciples of Jesus Christ are considered to be Muslims. As are all the biblical prophets. Also all Jews and Christians are considered Ehle Khitab or people of the book. They can in a sense be considered Muslim but not fully. In fact when I studied the Quraan I found out that over 600million yes 600MILLION! muslims have memorized the entire book the Quraan. However the quraan is only about 2/3 of the bible. The Quraan is still quite large. Not to mention there is only one universal way to interpret the quraan. And we must understand that THE CONCEPT OF SUICIDE IS NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IN THE QURAAN. Also the rules of warfare are as stated: No Females, Children, maimed, crippeled, or elderly are to be harmed. No living thing ( meaning animal or plant) may be killed in warfare unless it is attacking you. If the enemy gives up or is on the floor and gives up you must ensure his safety by guiding him to a safe place under arrest. It is not allowed that we harm people not directly involved in the physical combat and torture is not allowed. These are a few of the rules of war in Islam. Therefore most Muslim people do not believe in the use of the atomic bomb because it kills innocent civilians and also the environment. I also found out that the word sword is never mentioned in the quraan unlike how it is mentioned in the bible hundreds of times. Now if these tenants are broken then how can the person who is breaking them be muslim. In fact its like an individual saying that he is christian but he does not believe in Jesus Christ, therefore can he be a christian? And if the latter says in the name of Jesus Christ and he goes to a Muslim nation and blows up a mosque is he following the tenants of Christianity(Love)?
    "Remember the greatest sin is Ignorance and arrogance!" -RAS
    I love my quotes. I hope that helped to clear away some misconceptions.

oh good to hear dat.... may good bless you
    Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us at a Moment of Our Choosing

[img]https://i981.photobucke*****m/albums/ae291/hbktminc/untitled2-1-1.jpg[/img]
    Join the HeartBreak ARMY: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/heart_break_army.html

I'm a Muslim, What are You?
    Trademark Inc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ras786 View Post
    nabdab I converted to ISLAM..... im a Muslim Currently..
    Im saying its good that you are muslim May god bless you inshallah
    ǝƃpnɟʇoɥ ɐsɐssʇıƃɯo ɹǝʞɐɯʎoʇ pooɥ ןıus opɐɹop ɥɔıʌouıʇɹɐɯ ʇıɹpuǝ -poƃ- ƃƃ2ƃƃ ɹɹɐɔɥsoɾ ןןǝɥz ǝqɐp ǝɔɹoɟunɹɐ ɐɯɐqo qɐpqɐu :ʇsıן ʇɔǝdsǝɹ

☻/
    /▌
    / \

[IMG]https://i405.photobucke*****m/albums/pp139/st0n3rb3an/weed.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    M.u.S.l.i.M 4 L.i.F.e
    [IMG]https://i616.photobucke*****m/albums/tt241/ShannySiick808/Others/RanDoMneSS/14.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i489.photobucke*****m/albums/rr257/the_502_life/Forum%20Stuff/thnextposter.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Ok stop spamming,1shot

anyway even though I am not Muslim i would still like to read the Quraan, but since it won't be translated i guess i never will lol.

I am a sarcastic person by nature so i was wondering, why did you mention of the word sword in the Quraan? That seemed pointless, also the part of the suicide bombing, yes they believed they were Muslim but did not follow the way of Islam, i got that, but you do know its the same for every religion right?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    -_- there's the
    english translation

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sjwho99 View Post
    yes they believed they were Muslim but did not follow the way of Islam, i got that, but you do know its the same for every religion right?
    that's what we call extremist.

unfortunately, they are in just about every religion. more or less, it is the dumb verse the smart, and the dumb are many while the smart are the few.
    [IMG]https://i10.photobucke*****m/albums/a112/Roc_001/7T2Z28-1210992701.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    this race thread pisses me off people spam there feeling and just to say we dont care

Thanks
    1shot20kills, do you happen to live in KSA?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Illustrados View Post
    1shot20kills, do you happen to live in KSA?
    i bet he does............ dats a flag of Saudia Arabia
    Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us at a Moment of Our Choosing

[img]https://i981.photobucke*****m/albums/ae291/hbktminc/untitled2-1-1.jpg[/img]
    Join the HeartBreak ARMY: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/heart_break_army.html

I'm a Muslim, What are You?
    Trademark Inc.

Thanks
    ok thanks for the confirmation

Thanks
    Hmm i was talking to my Quraan teacher who is also a sheikh and he explained your point on how Non-Muslims and Muslims serve Allah. He said since Muslims willing serve Allah they are servants of Allah. Then what are the Non-Muslims considered? Since Allah is the creator of all, Non-Muslims or any creature that Allah has created is considered a slave.

Therefore the difference is the willingness to serve Allah.

P.S
    Mashallah for converting.