Thread: Protein shakes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

You have no idea how body building works. You do not intake nearly the amount of protein needed from a regular diet while attempting to gain lean muscle mass. Protein is essential for your muscles to repair. The more protein you have in your system, the faster and more efficiently your muscles repair, REGARDLESS of age. Teenagers need a minimum of 52 grams a day, whereas an adult needs about 56 grams a day, 4 grams isn't a significant enough of a change to back your statement, therefore you are obviously wrong

Also, if you do not know what is inside of a protein shake complex you are still, very ignorant. Protein shakes do NOT contain ONLY protein, but nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids or amino acids that you can not get from your daily diet. Many vitamins and minerals in protein shake complex's are physically IMPOSSIBLE to gain through a regular diet without supplementation.

So please, just don't post, you have no clue what you're talking about.
    Lol yes i do what are you 12? i was in weight training and i know this stuff, took 2-3 days like a normal person to heal sore muscles. Google it and stop guessing facts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post

Lol yes i do what are you 12? i was in weight training and i know this stuff, took 2-3 days like a normal person to heal sore muscles. Google it and stop guessing facts.
    Takes me a day man.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post

Takes me a day man.
    nice it takes me 2-3 days but if i do a petty work out i can do a day

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Then we'll need to improvise. You're going to need to workout twice Saturday (curls and benchpress only) where you'll lift to exhaustion the first session, then you'll do about five sets of five reps for the second to keep from overtraining. The second day you'll do a lighter weight but the same thing, only this time add in your deadlifts and about 30 minutes non-stop on the elliptical (the bike thing) machine. You don't want too much cardio at first because you won't get as noticeable results bulking.

Throughout the week try to get in at least two to three sets of curls in every day if possible. Just something to constantly keep your arms working because only workout on two days a week can risk injury if your body isn't already up to par,
    I can only do curls on either Saturday or Sunday.
    I have curls at home, all other equipment are at my grandparents house.
    Should I have a shake every night?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post

I can only do curls on either Saturday or Sunday.
    I have curls at home, all other equipment are at my grandparents house.
    Should I have a shake every night?
    don't drink shakes when you do not work oout because you do get fat especially Kreatin it gives you man boobs
    Last edited by Poison; 07-19-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful

don't drink shakes when you do not work oout because you do get fat especially Kreatin it gives you man boobs
    Is it absolutely necessary to only drink a shake when you work out.
    I can do curls everyday.
    And push ups.
    Also just running around at school.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    when you go to the gym they tell you to drink such a stuff in fact i never tried them an I won't !!! you never know what they can do with you...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by kmanev073 View Post
    when you go to the gym they tell you to drink such a stuff in fact i never tried them an I won't !!! you never know what they can do with you...
    The worst that can happen is kidney stones.
    And you're supposed to use it properly.
    Do the right exercise and stuff.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I drink a protein shake every day... I have been for like 2 years now. No kidney stones *i hope*. Anywho, get a couple different types of protein - I have two. I alternate because well... if you drink the same shit you're gonna have gassy runny shits.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post

The worst that can happen is kidney stones.
    And you're supposed to use it properly.
    Do the right exercise and stuff.
    meh the only long term thing it can cause is heart disease

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I drink a protein shake every day... I have been for like 2 years now. No kidney stones *i hope*. Anywho, get a couple different types of protein - I have two. I alternate because well... if you drink the same shit you're gonna have gassy runny shits.
    Runny shit?
    /nogusta
    What two shakes do you use?

That's why I'm not gonna drink a lot.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

Oh how lovely runny shits, I drank a protein shake everyday during school and I didn't have any problems although I did go to the gym after school. But i don't think one protein shake is enough to give you kidney stones.
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I drink up&go , has enough protein in there.

_<span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span><span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span>_

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Does Gatorade with chicken bits in it count as a protein shake? Regardless i dont have kidney stones...

Thanks

No direct study has linked protein shakes and heart disease. It's because some protein shakes will be high in fats.
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast