Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Lightbulb Any ideas on how to bulk up?

5'4"
    - Approx. 7st 4lb

So ideas? I've just finished my academic year for the summer, I have time and I want to work out etc but i'm skinny [naturally] so...

Any ideas? I've got eat loads of protein and meat.. [possibly lots-o' junk food for the fatness ]...

Though I'm not going to consider taking protein shakes as I'm only doing it to be fit/have strength and be toned...

I do quite a bit of normal cardio e.g running/football [soccer] so...

I am a complete novice and shit so bear with me xD

/inb4youresoshort
    /inb4youresoskinny

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post

It's funny how everyone comes to MPGH with their problems

Fuck her and get it over with..
    Press that 'Thanks' button below this if I helped you in my post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azathᴏth For This Useful Post:

Amkay (07-24-2012),FangedBeast (07-20-2012),Lehsyrus (07-20-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FangedBeast View Post
    5'4"
    - Approx. 7st 4lb

So ideas? I've just finished my academic year for the summer, I have time and I want to work out etc but i'm skinny [naturally] so...

Any ideas? I've got eat loads of protein and meat.. [possibly lots-o' junk food for the fatness ]...

Though I'm not going to consider taking protein shakes as I'm only doing it to be fit/have strength and be toned...

I do quite a bit of normal cardio e.g running/football [soccer] so...

I am a complete novice and shit so bear with me xD

/inb4youresoshort
    /inb4youresoskinny

It will take a lot longer to bulk without supplements. At the very least get a multivitamin am omega3 fish oil supplement, they're beneficial no matter what you do.

Heavy weight, low rep, many sets. Don't do cardio while bulking or your gains will take much longer. Eat carbs before you lift. Don't eat junk food nearly as much.

Bulking is quickest with a protein shake and creatine, you can always just do one cycle of the shake and creatine and time for two cycles, etc.

Don't eat foods with saturated fats, and if you're not taking protein or creatine at least take an amino acid supplement.

Not much you can do without supps, just heavy weight training.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Amkay (07-24-2012)

Thanks
    Lehsyrus should just make a little article so that he can just copy and paste each time some one asks lol
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    Also, you do gain strength with the shakes and supplements, it's not just for looks. Without supps I could add 10 pounds every three weeks to my curling bar, with them I could ad ten pounds a week. I'm on my cutting cycle and I can still lift just as much even though I've been off the supplements for a month

Thanks
    I am also very skinny. Just be sure to eat a lot of food with a lot of proteins if you don't want to take supplements (That's what i do) I gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks Be sure to go to the gym at least 4 times a week (AT LEAST). Eat a lot, but don't eat shit!
    Last edited by Gab; 07-20-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks
    I almost forgot, working out you should do two days consecutively, days rest, day on, rest, repeat.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

It will take a lot longer to bulk without supplements. At the very least get a multivitamin am omega3 fish oil supplement, they're beneficial no matter what you do.

Heavy weight, low rep, many sets. Don't do cardio while bulking or your gains will take much longer. Eat carbs before you lift. Don't eat junk food nearly as much.

Bulking is quickest with a protein shake and creatine, you can always just do one cycle of the shake and creatine and time for two cycles, etc.

Don't eat foods with saturated fats, and if you're not taking protein or creatine at least take an amino acid supplement.

Not much you can do without supps, just heavy weight training.
    luckily, i have cod liver oil that was recently brought as i remembered i used to take it as a child
    i only have 4.5kg weights [max] at home - probably gonna grow outta them soon though..
    well fuck. i thought cardio aided toning etc..
    what other carbs are there other than bread and pasta?
    fuck no.2, i thought you had to like eat a shit load of fat shit to get fat and then burn it all off
    no shakes pl0x ;(
    fuck no.3 ~ contributes to fuck no.2
    what does the animo acid do/have?
    waaa D;

Well, take in note - i don't want to be a body builder - just less skinny and more 'normal' looking...

Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post
    Lehsyrus should just make a little article so that he can just copy and paste each time some one asks lol
    ahaha ;D

Also, you do gain strength with the shakes and supplements, it's not just for looks. Without supps I could add 10 pounds every three weeks to my curling bar, with them I could ad ten pounds a week. I'm on my cutting cycle and I can still lift just as much even though I've been off the supplements for a month
    fuck supps T.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    I am also very skinny. Just be sure to eat a lot of food with a lot of proteins if you don't want to take supplements (That's what i do) I gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks Be sure to go to the gym at least 4 times a week (AT LEAST). Eat a lot, but don't eat shit!
    4 times a week?! fuck dat.
    my friend goes like 1/2 a week and he does 16 hours of swimming a week

I almost forgot, working out you should do two days consecutively, days rest, day on, rest, repeat.
    so do you mean that I:
    Work out on:
    Monday, Tues, wed, Fri, Sunday, Monday?

Or like:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Monday?

*NOTE: I don't want to be a body builder, i only want to bulk up for light / mediocre toning - basically, i don't want to be ripped.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post

It's funny how everyone comes to MPGH with their problems

Fuck her and get it over with..
    Press that 'Thanks' button below this if I helped you in my post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    @Lehsyrus Don't you need to load up on creatine so your body is saturated to attain optimal results.

Thanks

luckily, i have cod liver oil that was recently brought as i remembered i used to take it as a child
    i only have 4.5kg weights [max] at home - probably gonna grow outta them soon though..
    fuck no.2, i thought you had to like eat a shit load of fat shit to get fat and then burn it all off
    no shakes pl0x ;(
    waaa D;

Well, take in note - i don't want to be a body builder - just less skinny and more 'normal' looking...

ahaha ;D

fuck supps T.-

so do you mean that I:
    Work out on:

Or like:

*NOTE: I don't want to be a body builder, i only want to bulk up for light / mediocre toning - basically, i don't want to be ripped.*
    That helps a lot actually. You're going to want a lean protein diet the . Grilled chicken will be your new best friend for the next two months. Eat it as much as possible.

You don't want to get fat and then burn it off, that will cause your metabolism to slow way down when you're older. When you gain fat from lifting it should only be because you're taking in excess protein and carbs.

As for what carbs to eat I like to eat two servings of brown rice before I lift.

Amino acids assist in boosting energy, aiding in protein synthesis, burning fat, and boosting muscle gains while depleting your lactic acid levels to let you work harder.

At the very least take an amino acid supplement and a Nitric Ocide Pre-workout booster. Neither have any bad side effects and won't cause you to become jacked, they'll just help you workout harder and more efficiently. I take NO boosters even while I tone to help my muscles tone more quickly. For your Amino Acids look up BCAA supplements, thy contain all eight amino acids your body needs.

Bulk for just one month if you don't want to become jacked. Then do toning workouts (IE: Cardio + many reps with a light weight).

Keep taking the amino and NO supps throughout your toning, it really helps aid with the muscle repairing process and can define your arms like you'd never dream.

Working out schedule: Sunday, Monday, Rest, Wednesday, Rest, Thursday, Friday, Rest, Saturday, Rest, repeat starting on Monday.

You'll need heavier weights to build muscle. Remember bulking and toning are different. Bulking builds muscle and increases strength while toning defines the muscles and increases muscle endurance.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    @Lehsyrus Don't you need to load up on creatine so your body is saturated to attain optimal results.
    Not necessarily, Creatine does boost results dramatically but OP wants to even his body out. In this case I wouldn't recommend it only because he wants to have definition over bulk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    you are still in the process of growing, between the time of adolescence(teen) you don't gain meat (fatter) . You only grow in height so these are usual aspects for the teens.

after the process of adolescence thats when you gain meat but your height stops.

Thanks
    eat cake. lots of cake

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AVGN For This Useful Post:

Amkay (07-24-2012),FangedBeast (07-21-2012),Lehsyrus (07-20-2012),[MPGH]master131 (07-23-2012),YellowFever (07-23-2012)

Thanks

no shakes pl0x ;(
    waaa D;

ahaha ;D

fuck supps T.-

so do you mean that I:
    Work out on:

Or like:

working out once a week won'T help

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapShizz View Post
    you are still in the process of growing, between the time of adolescence(teen) you don't gain meat (fatter) . You only grow in height so these are usual aspects for the teens.

after the process of adolescence thats when you gain meat but your height stops.
    What the fuck are you talking about.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    I play basketball pretty often and I find myself to be decently muscular. I've never lifted in my life. I'm not saying that you shouldn't go all out with the protein and lifting, I'm just saying that you don't need to go crazy to gain a few pounds.
    Nipples

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast