Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

MPGH News (7/20/12) - Late due to downtime!

4th Edition
    7/20/12

Sorry for the late edition. Server was having issues and overloaded, so MPGH was down.

MPGH Radio
    Earlier this week, Dave had taken suggestions for possibly making a MPGH Radio. A few hours later he had finalized his decision and went into making a MPGH Radio station. There are different stations for different genres - each station is ran by someone from MPGH! Congratulations and props to them for doing this. If you would like to listen to MPGH Radio, go here.

Server Issues and Downtimes
    Lately this week, there have been numerous amounts of database errors, server internal errors, and downtimes. Yesterday, July 20th, the server had overloaded as too many processes were running and caused MPGH to crash completely. It was down for approximately 3-4 hours before Dave left a message saying it would be up at 1PM EST.

Because of the mass amount of processes running, which caused the server to overload, Dave has disabled activity as you might have noticed. We do not know if it's a temporary change or permanent.

​Recent User News
    @Sync - You may not know him or not, but he is back! Thats all you need to know.
    @ParkII - Being fake promoted to Head Admin, the BR Monkii will end MPGH. No worries though, his term is now up.
    @Paul - Finally became a Cocksucker. He always said he wanted it . Plenty more happened during the process, but lets all just know it was a huge matter to some members. Shame on ya!
    @Nathan - Recent demotion.. He now sucks cocks. Welcome the newest cocksucker member!
    @Ravallo - Ravallo had his account compromised a few weeks ago. Dave had banned his account to keep MPGH safe. Ravallo is now back, and still being a great GMOD!
    @Hero - Happy birthday to Hero! He had his birthday ban on July 14th.
    @Psychotic - Happy birthday to him as well! His birthday is on the famous "7/11"!

Recent Post Bans
    @Katy - Reaching the first postban availiable is always a memorable acheivement to remember. @Katy reached 1337 posts.
    @cgallagher21 - Another first postban to this guy.
    @Psychotic- - Our own news team leader reached his first postban as well.
    @Ortopedia - "After 2 years", @Ortopedia reached the big 1337 as well.
    @Lehsyrus - The all knowing pot smoker got his 4 grams of posts! (4,000!)
    @REVIVE - Another 4,000 postban was made to @REVIVE. He kinda seemed excited about it.
    @Complixity - Finally reaching his 5,000 posts! He was banned for acheiving this goal shortly after.
    @Dreamer - He's over 6,000! I believe its safe to say that he's a big poster now.
    @Disturbed - Here is another huge poster here! He has finally reached the 5 digits of 10,000 posts and hes still not on top..
    @Cthulhu - Now, to almost top this all off with 11,000 posts .. this guy is a contributor.
    @Hero - Hitting the most infamous 13,337 post mark. Yes .. you can get banned at this point.

Congratulations to those who reached a higher level in posts and position of power! .. even though not everyone gets to keep it .. very long..

The SOTW Voting Thread is now open! Until July 20th, 2012, feel free to vote for the one signature YOU think is the best here!
    *Note: Due to the recent down time, the winner has not been picked yet. A SOTW winner will be picked in the near future!

That is all the contest we have for this edition, there will be more contests further into this summer!

Interview - Hero (Scata interviewed Hero. Credits to both of them.)

[MPGH]Scata
    So, what’s your first name?
    [MPGH]Hero
    Lance

[MPGH]Scata
    How did you first stumble upon MPGH?
    [MPGH]Hero
    Well I was looking for Cross Fire hacks. So I google'd crossfire hacks, and MPGH was the first thing that came up.

[MPGH]Scata
    Who might be your role models on MPGH? Who do you aspire to be like?
    [MPGH]Hero
    Well a couple of my role models would be Jigsaw and Shane, Back when Shane was CF minion, I really wanted to be a minion as well. Mostly I aspire to be like Jigsaw soon, if you know what I mean.

[MPGH]Scata
    winkwinkhinthint
    Anywho, are you involved with any other communities beside MPGH?
    [MPGH]Hero
    No, I'm not involved with any other communities.

[MPGH]Scata
    As most of the staff know, you're pretty god damn active. Why do you dedicate so much time out of your day?
    [MPGH]Hero
    Well it's summer right now. So staff should be at 100% activity. I take summer as a time to relax. I don't have any plans for vacation this summer, so it's pretty much staying at home and doing whatever.

[MPGH]Scata
    Do you have any favourite games in particular? If so what are they?
    [MPGH]Hero
    Cross Fire at the most.

[MPGH]Scata
    One last question, Why did the chicken cross the road?
    [MPGH]Hero
    To get to the other side.

[MPGH]Scata
    No, because he was sick of life.
    Anyway, do you have any shoutouts?
    [MPGH]Hero
    Yeah, @Thunder, you're a fat rat.
    and dave

[MPGH]Scata
    Excellent shoutout, one of the best I've ever seen. Thank you for your time Hero.

Busses, Bombings and Tension
    On wednesday, a bus bombing killed 6 people and wounded 32. Wednesday was the 18th anniversary of the attack on a Jewish community center in Buenos Aires where 85 people were killed. New information is now being released on the situation. The six people were actually 5 Israeli tourists and the bus driver. The suspected bomber also died (suicide bomber). Bulgaria's interior minister said it was probably carried out by a male suicide attacker who had a fake Michigan driver's license. Israel said it's suspicions lie with Iran or an Islamist group. No evidence has been offered for these claims. According to CNN, Barack Obama condemned the "barbaric terrorist attack." "As Israel has tragically once more been a target of terrorism, the United States reaffirms our unshakeable commitment to Israel's security, and our deep friendship and solidarity with the Israeli people," was Obamas statement. He also called the Israeli Prime Minister to personally express his condolences.

Army Drug Dealers
    A private in the U.S. Army was accused by South Korea of involvement in the biggest smuggling case in the country. The soldier had smuggled about $90,000 or 3,400 grams of synthetic marijuana (Spice) through the mail from Hungary and the US. The Army private is going to be in South Korean custody on Monday. At least 5 more people from the US including an ex-soldier will be prosecuted and even more may be involved in the drug ring.

Story Summary/Highlights
    • Soldier accused of smuggling $90,000 worth of drugs from Hungary and United States
    • It is the biggest drug smuggling case in the country
    • Soldier will be transferred to South Korean custody on Monday
    • At least five more U.S. citizens, including a former soldier, will be prosecuted, authorities say
      - List by CNN

Mayhem in Colorado
    Gotham City hits Aurora Colorado when an alleged shooter kills 12, and wounds 39 on the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises. "He used tier gas" witnesses say, "and came in shooting". Some jokes are already going around saying he was mad because he lost his seat. The dramatic effect that this had on many people here in Colorado is atrocious. Obviously, the shooter was caught and is now in jail.

Battlefield 4 Beta Confirmed
    Pre-ordering Medal of Honor: Warfighter gives you access to the Battlefield 4 Beta, reads a banner on Origin. The ad was removed less than an hour after the accidental leak, and earlier this week, the beta was reconfirmed by DICE as the only guaranteed way to gain access to the beta at this time. Knowing DICE however, it won't be the only way to gain access to the beta. Take a look at the leaked banner, click here.

Steam Sales have begun; Wallets everywhere emptied - and much more.
    As many people know by now, the Steam summer sale officially started on July 12 (and ends on July 22).
    This summer sale features more than just random discounts, as it offers daily deals, flash sales, and community choice sales.

Along with the sale came information on the Steam Greenlight program. This allows gamers to choose what games will be released on Steam.
    Greenlight helps developers post information, screenshots, and video for their game in order to get selected.
    Greenlight is said to launch near the end of August. https://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/

And last but not least, Valve has decided to integrate the Source/Orange Box engines to Ubuntu. The team is currently working on:
    -Getting the Steam client onto Linux with full functionality
    -Optimizing a version of L4D2 running at a high frame rate with OpenGL
    -Porting other Valve games
    The (obvious) goal was to have a fully-functional Steam client on Ubuntu. And now they have it, though it's still very buggy.
    Valve will be setting up and internal for both the Steam client and the L4D2 port.
    (They also have a new blog for the Linux updates, so don't forget to check it out @ https://blogs.valvesoftware.com/linux/ )

Dead Space 3
    The official gameplay trailer of Dead Space 3 has been launched. The trailer shows an in-depth look at how Isaac and his partner Carver work their way through the plane of Tau Volantis.
    Expect to see new environments, co-op mechanics, weapons, enemies, and more.
    Coming February 2012 on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Orcs Must Die! 2 available for pre-order
    The new Orcs Must Die! 2 is now available for pre-order on Steam. If you order the game before its release on July 30th you will receive a 10% discount.
    The game now has co-op, and if you own the original Orcs Must Die! on Steam you get 10 co-op classic levels.
    The game's new features include:
    -Co-Op!
    -Story-based Campaign - Pick up where the original left off
    -Endless Mode - Endless waves of increasingly difficult enemies
    -Classic Mode - Steam players who own the original Orcs Must Die! will automatically unlock co-op versions of the 10 fan-favorite levels from the original game featuring new enemies
    -Over 20 different enemies
    -More than 50 traps, weapons, and guardians
    -Massive upgrade system - WIth more than 225 persistent trap and weapon upgrades to unlock, you can build an arsenal perfectly suited to your play style.
    For more information, visit Save 10% on Orcs Must Die! 2 on Steam .

Diablo 3 Deadication
    An 18 year old Taiwanese man (only known as Chuang) has reportedly died after playing DIablo 3 for 40 hours straight with no breaks.
    According to reports, he checked himself into a private room in an internet cafe at lunchtime on July 13 and played for nearly two days non-stop.
    Chuang was left alone until an employee of the cafe only coming in on Sunday morning to check on him, where he stood up, took a few steps, and collapsed. He was taken to the hospital, where he died shortly after.
    The cause of death has yet to be confirmed, but authtorities suspect that, after spending such a long time sitting, he suffered cardiovascular problems or a fatal blood clot.

Google explores and searches for ways to approach global crime
    The all famous search engine wants to crack down on internet international and crime. A few days ago, Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt was in LA just a few days ago as he addressed a couple of issues relating to terrorism, violence, felonious networks. More over Mexico's illicit drug networks and their commanding drug cartel. The conference discussed how the cartels use complicated technology. Technology such as mapping software or tracking software - that can track down officers, policemen. They can use the technology to find control rooms, submarine, and military based weaponry. They make a lot of drug profit, estimating about $20 billion + a year.

The cartels are winning the battles, however it doesn't mean they have won the war. Google has divulged ideas to help stopping cartels. One including a broad network, so that citizens can report illegal activities without having the fear of doing so. A member of the conference had said that the government is developing a way where law enforcement can get an international look at crimes and investigations. With that, crimes and investigations can be solved with much more clarity. There is still more work that needs to be done to stop criminals, but Google has put their fist into the fight.

The conference was held in Westlake Village, California.

---

Sorry about this week's Technology News. Doc has been kicked from the News Team due to laziness, and over numerous weeks not turning his section in. We are looking for a new Technology News writer, so if you're interested - please PM me. More positions are open if you look at the bottom of this edition. Thanks!

Thanks to Hero for doing at least some content for the Technology News. Props to him. (He did the content you see above).

MPGH News Team

• Writers

• [POSITION OPEN]
      • Technology News

• Freelance Writers [Backups]

• We need more freelancers! If you're interested in becoming a freelancer for a certain position, PM me!
    • We have an open Technology News position! If you'd like to apply for it, PM me!
    • We have 1 interviewer position open! PM me if you'd like to apply for it!
    Last edited by Psychotic; 07-21-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Austin (07-21-2012),DawgiiStylz (07-21-2012),[MPGH]Doc (07-22-2012),Implify (07-21-2012),Inquisition (07-22-2012),Katy (07-21-2012),Larity2056 (07-22-2012),Nachos (07-22-2012),RoLe (07-22-2012)

Thanks
    yayyyy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Thank you Paladin for doing 2/5 of the Gaming News.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    Well, thanks to everyone who turned their stuff in. Almost everyone turned their stuff in, and sadly because one person was not, he was kicked. This wasn't his first time having lack of communication with me, or the team, nor was it his first time missing his part - it's 2-3. We need people who can get the job done and turn their stuff in on time. So please, if you think you can PM me and apply for one of the open positions.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    Nice job..

War rock Minion - 6-22-12 - Current
    Dragon Nest Minion - 9-15-12 - Current

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Oh this is something I actually read. Good job.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Oh this is something I actually read. Good job.
    GREAT! I'm actually really happy you like it. If you haven't seen our past editions, go read them! .

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Ninguém pode ser perfeito, mas todos podem ser melhores
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    wow Good Job...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkII View Post
    wow Good Job...
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Loved the Interview part . Great Edition as always. Keep it up.
    And Bye Doc , .

7xFox
    rabir007 - Cataclypse - Drifts - 3xBananaBoy - 2xjhonwdss
    3xNoShameAlts - 2xClubLife[7] - hunnuke
    3xpantsonfire - blackandyellow17
    MUJJ - the7skulls - wasredskin92 - Unit113

List of successful trades but they got banned later.
    2xcozi94 - BurnRed¤ - rtdt44 - Kelly2580

Gamerusher (Direct scam, just an average noob)
    F10 (Charged back the money)
    SeaNanners (Recovered by owner)
    Hayakuda (Got the money back though)
    d1nam1t (Got the account back though)
    [oG]Brian (Scammed by his brother using his account)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    This was one of the best editions so far. Great job

Thanks
    ^ Thanks on behalf of the team.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Your news is shit compared to Callum Knoxvilles last year.
    RIP MINECRAFT SECTION!
    03.10.2010 - 26.09.2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Nice edition, look forward to the next one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    BEST FUCKING INTERVIEW EVER.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015