Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

MPGH News (8/10/12)

7th Edition
    8/10/12

Moderators and Applications!
    To start off this week's MPGH News, I want to formally and personally congratulate all of the newly promoted Moderators! Big props from the News team as well. Shoutout to Hero for being one of the newly promoted Moderators! Second shoutout goes to Nico for being another one of the new Moderators! Congratulations to both of you.

Applications are opening again! Earlier this week, Liz opened up some more staff positions including; Middleman applications, and Minion for Battlefield 3. If you would like to apply for one of those positions, click on the hyperlink.

Post Bans
    ZeroCool+ acquired 1,337 posts. He said he likes liz. He isn't getting unban
    scotbud123 acquired 1,337 posts as well.
    Richard Nixon acquired 6,000 posts. He still ain't getting hoes
    Shane got 13,000 posts. Thats a lot of posts. I don't see how ya dooeet

Group Changes
    Hero was promoted to Moderator! Congratulations!
    Nico was ALSO promoted to Moderator! Congratulations!

Staff applications are now open for the following;
    Middleman
    Battlefield 3 Minion

You can find the links to the application thread in the MPGH Headlines!

The only contest I know that is happening as of now is the SOTW. Keep an eye out for those summer contests!

The deadline for SOTW is this Friday, August 8th, and you need 50 posts to enter. If you wish to submit a signature for your chance to win, click here!

Interview - Katy

[MPGH]Hero: Hello there, Katy.
    Katy: Hi, Lancey

[MPGH]Hero: So, what do you like the best about MPGH?
    Katy: Hmmm, probably the people, I guess. Besides the cocksuckers, the 13 year olds and the brs, it's a pretty good community

[MPGH]Hero: Do you have any specialties on MPGH? (Are you a part of a usergroup, or a special group?)
    Katy: Well, quite actually I just became a princess a couple months ago

[MPGH]Hero: Since you say you like the MPGH community, do you contribute to any sections?
    Katy: Well, I just started contributing to the CrossFire section, also I've been contributing to the GFX section. since I've been here. I no longer am very active in the WarRock section though

[MPGH]Hero: Do you have any goals that you want to accomplish on MPGH?
    Katy: Actually, I wanna get MM. On a smaller scale, I'd love to eliminate the whole CS population.

[MPGH]Hero: Alright then... So how long have you been an MPGH Member?
    Katy: Since May 2011.

[MPGH]Hero: Has MPGH taught you any sort of new 'skills'?
    Katy: It taught me not to take shit from little boys True story.

[MPGH]Hero: Have you developed any skills related to technology? Such as maybe learning how to work around photoshop, or coding C++/VB programs.
    KatyIndeed, lance. I've definitely escalated in Photoshop, VB, and C++. With the help of a couple generous MPGHieans

[MPGH]Hero: Could you name a notable few that have helped you?
    Katy: Time , BACKD00R, DaRk, Cosmic, [S]aeed helped me, and Helroos.

[MPGH]Hero: Do you have any hobbies outside of MPGH?
    Katy: I play le sports

[MPGH]Hero: What kind of sports do you play?
    Katy: I play volleyball, and track, and some softball (I kind of quit), I like playing beach volleyball too, and if eating is a sport... Then yes. Yes indeed.

[MPGH]Hero: Do you have any favorite music artists/bands? If so, what are they?
    Katy: I basically listen to everything except country. From dubstep to rap to screamo.

[MPGH]Hero: Do you have any favorite games?
    Katy: Depends on what day.. Sometimes I like to play Crossfire and somedays I like to play LoL.

[MPGH]Hero: Alright, well before we wrap this up, do you have any shout outs you would like to give to anyone?
    Katy: Yeah. thunder, gab, ghost, hannibal, time, hero

[MPGH]Hero: Okay, thank you for your time Katy.
    Katy: You're VERY welcome wance

Interview - Blitz

Time:Hi there, Blitz!
    [MPGH]Blitz:*oh god am I supposed to say Hi back?*

Time: Yes, needless to say lets proceed, When did you first join MPGH?
    [MPGH]Blitz: Mm, back sometime in Mid 2010.

Time: Nice nice, and how did you stumble upon MPGH? googling for hacks? .pls*
    [MPGH]Blitz: Nope. I actually was looking for a place to make a release. A friend of mine had wanted to publish a hack of mine on MPGH before that, so I remembered it from then and made an account.

Time: Ah great, What was your first impression when you joined MPGH?
    [MPGH]Blitz: The rules were very... stringent. I hated them at the time, I actually got in an argument at one of the minions because I thought they were so ridiculous. Funny how now I'm one of the people who enforce them.

Time: Like they say Life's a circle :3 , On the time you stayed on MPGH , did you find anyone who might serve you as an inspiration or role model?
    [MPGH]Blitz: Who else but Dave84311? I mean, he did pretty much build this entire thing off the ground. I'm learning a lot from him.

Time: Nice, Is there anyone in particular that has always caused you troubles or pissed you off at most on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Blitz: Not really. A lot of people have given me shit since I've joined, especially since I got Minion but most of the time it's pretty obvious that they're joking.

Time: Ah, Did you do any sort of contributions prior to getting minion? If so, what kind of contributions?
    [MPGH]Blitz: Well, actually before I got Minion I was a Contributor. As I've said, when I first signed up it was to make a release. I kept the MapleStory section updated with plenty of leeched hacks and even a few of my own releases, but since it was mostly the former I got switched to the Resource Team a while after I became a Minion.

Time: How long has it been since you got minion?*
    [MPGH]Blitz: Two hundred and sixty-nine days, not including today.

Time: Good good, What's the weirdest thing that has happened to you on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Blitz: Weirdest? Hm... Nothing that I can recall. The most surprising thing was becoming Staff in the first place.

Time: Lmao , Do you have any hobbies outside of MPGH?
    [MPGH]Blitz: Hm, not really. Just whatever I can find to pass the time.*

Time: I see, Do you believe you are perfect at what you do?*
    [MPGH]Blitz: I assume you mean as a Minion? Definitely not. I have a lot of room for improvement, I'm still learning how to do certain things. But hey, I'm always getting better -- maybe I will be, someday.

Time: We hope so too , *Do you have any favorite quotes/songs to share with us?
    [MPGH]Blitz: "I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me."

Time: Quite a clever quote, Finally is there anyone you would like to give a shout out to?
    [MPGH]Blitz: Hmm... No one really comes to mind. Hi mom!

Time: Hehe, well thanks for your time Blitz!
    [MPGH]Blitz:

Afghan police officer kills 3 US marine soldiers, third attack like this in a week
    An Afghan police officer murdered three US marine soldiers after sitting down and having a meal with them, then they hid in southern Afghanistan. This is the third attack like this in just this week. Four international troops also died Friday, bringing the number up to seven soldiers killed in a day in the dangerious south. In total for this year, 31 service members have now died by Afghan forces, or people disguised.

Tropical Storm Ernesto kills 7 in Mexico, meteorologists and forecasters warn citizens about the threat of dangerous rain
    The deadly tropical storm in Mexico, Ernesto, killed 7 people as it moved inland on Friday. In Veracruz, two people were killed early Friday, including a teen girl who was inside a vehicle and dragged by the current of the river. A 62 year old man was struck by lightning. The Civil Protection Department also mention that three members of a family died Thursday night when strong winds that were brewed by the storm knocked down a tree that fell on their car. In Tabasco, two fishermen drowned. Hopefully the wrath of the tropical storm will stop soon.

Steam Expands Beyond Games
    Steam gears up to launch a range of Software Titles on September the 5th.
    Valve have today announce that their famous Steam game distribution platform will from September also act as a software distribution system as well.
    The Software titles coming to Steam range from creativity to productivity and many of the launch titles will take advantage of popular Steamworks features, such as easy installation, automatic updating, and the ability to save your work to your personal Steam Cloud space so your files may travel with you.
    The initial roll out will be limited with more Software titles to follow, developers will be welcome to submit Software titles via Steam Greenlight, once their software reaches a critical mass of support, Valve will work to make it available via Steam.

Blizzard Gets Hacked
    This week, Blizzard security team found an unauthorized and illegal access into their internal network. Some data was illegally accessed, including a list of email addresses for global Battle.net users, outside of China. For players on North American servers the answer to the personal security question, and information relating to Mobile and Dial-In Authenticators were also accessed.
    Although all this is not enough for anyone to gain access to Battle.net accounts, they prompting players on North American servers to change their secret questions and answers through an automated process. Additionally, their will also prompt mobile authenticator users to update their authenticator software. As a precaution, they also recommend that players on North American servers change their password.
    They are still investigating but at this time, they’ve found no evidence that financial information such as credit cards, billing addresses, or real names were compromised.

Epic Games Announces Impossible Studios
    Epic Games, Inc. announces the opening of Impossible Studios, a company comprised of highly skilled, senior-level game development talent. Based in Hunt Valley, Maryland, Impossible is the latest addition to Epic’s network, which includes corporate headquarters in Cary, North Carolina; ChAIR Entertainment in Salt Lake City, Utah; People Can Fly in Warsaw, Poland; Epic Games Korea in Seoul, Korea; and Epic Games Japan in Yokohama, Japan.
    Led by studio director Sean Dunn, Impossible’s first project is the touch-based action role-playing game “Infinity Blade: Dungeons” for iOS. “Infinity Blade: Dungeons,” which was conceived at Epic’s Cary studio, is being developed in collaboration with Epic and ChAIR under Impossible’s roof in Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Michael Capps
    We were so glad we could help keep this great team together, and we’re lucky to have them. At the time, I said that finding a full team of superstars was "impossible" and apparently the name stuck! Pairing the imagination and experience of Impossible with Epic’s technology, IP and resources makes for a business greater than the sum of its parts.
    Capps will lead an “Infinity Blade: Dungeons” panel with the game’s lead designer, Ian Frazier, and author, Brandon Sanderson, at Dragon*Con in Atlanta on August 31. “Infinity Blade: Dungeons” is set for release on the App Store later this year.

DayZ Becoming Its Own Game
    DayZ has announced in a Tweet they will develop the mod as a standalone game. Currently DayZ is a mod for ArmA II: Combined Operations, and has more then a million unique players. And with "The War Z" around the corner this could be a battle for the best. With both games having the same gameplay The War Z was going to bring DayZ down, but now with DayZ also bringing it as a standalone game I think The War Z will have a hard time competing.
    Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.
    More news will be coming over the upcoming weeks on their website @ DAYZ

Assassin's Creed III PC Release Date Announced
    Ubisoft has announced that Assassin's Creed III will be launched on PC on November 23, 2012.
    This latest addition to the series will be available on Xbox 360 and PS3 on October 30, 2012 in the US and on October 31, 2012 in Europe and it will also be available on Wii U after the lauching of the new Nintendo's console.
    Side note: The delay between the consoles' launching and the PC's launching keeps decreasing: five months for the first Assassin's Creed, four months for Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and only a couple of weeks for Assassin's Creed Revelations.

The 3D Printer Revolution
    3D printing technology has taken major strides in recent years. The most recent development is sure to spark a revolution that will take the entire construction industry by storm. Contour Crafting uses giant printers to actually construct homes. These machines will not only build the frame of the house, but install plumbing and electricity at the same time. An average home of 2500sq ft will not only take 20 hours to build. That means entire neighborhoods can be built in under a year. NASA has also seen the potential applications of these printers on the moon and mars to build colonies before we’ll even get there. Watch the Tedx video below for the full presentation.

https://<iframe class="restrain" titl...="0"></iframe>

Anon strikes back
    Most of you have heard by now about the Demonoid fiasco, and about the Ukrainian government’s announced involvement. According to TorrentFreak, “the raid on Demonoid was timed to coincide with the very first trip of Deputy Prime Minister Valery Khoroshkovsky‘s trip to the United States. On the agenda: copyright infringement.” Basically, Ukraine wanted to hand Demonoid’s head on a plate to the the United States as a message of good will and the intent for complete cooperation. Well, apparently anon was disappointed with Ukraine’s dick sucking tactics. So far DDoS attacks have been innitated against the National Television and Radio Broadcasting Council of Ukraine (nrada.gov.ua), the Ukrainian Agency for Copyright and Related Rights (uacrr.kiev.ua), and the Ukrainian Anti-Piracy Association (apo.kiev.ua), taking these sites down.

“Sergei Burlakov of Ukraine's Ministry of Internal Affairs has confirmed that a criminal case in Mexico against the owners of Demonoid has been initiated and the tracker is charged with intellectual property rights violations. A future without public trackers is a bleak one my friends. For most of us Demonoid and other public trackers have been about much more than music or movies. They are an incredibly powerful educational tool, facilitating much more than just open piracy. Corporations and governments fear them. Anonymous will not tolerate a world without them,” Anonymous states. As far as I can tell this is their official stance on P2P sharing in general. It goes far beyond the crack down on piracy, it’s restricting the freedom of information sharing.

“Ukrainian government, you should have expected us.”

First Red Dawn Trailer appears
    Like the original film, the 'Red Dawn' trailer focuses on the Wolverines, a group of teens and 20-somethings who wind up being America's last hope when North Korea decides to take over half the country. (Just go with this: In the original film it was the Soviet Union; in the first "Red Dawn" cut, it was China.) Guns, explosions, heroics and campfires follow, with Hemsworth's Jed Eckert leading the way and taking care of his little brother, played by Josh Peck. (Adrianne Palicki, Isabel Lucas, Hutcherson and Tom Cruise's son, Connor, all come along for the ride as well.) "Red Dawn" will arrive in theaters on Nov. 21, and you can watch the trailer here: Trailer - Red Dawn TRAILER (2012) Chris Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson Movie HD - YouTube

'The Walking Dead' Season 2: Deleted Scene Features Zombie Invasion
    "The Walking Dead" is returning to AMC this fall, but in the meantime, there's a bit of never-before-seen footage to watch. The Season 2 deleted scene opens with a zombie invasion and closes with a shooting that does away with every zombie in sight. You can watch it on youtube here: The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Deleted Scene - YouTube

MPGH News Team

• Writers

• Katy
      • Contest News (Reporters)

• ryakhawk (Thanks to Hero once again for doing Global News as we have no freelancers at this point, and ryakhawk has been on vacation. Ryakhawk comes back next week, so hope he had a great vacation!)
      • Global News

---

Starting in September the News will also be creating a MONTHLY NEWSLETTER!

Also, give your feedback on our newest addition the news; Entertainment News! Did you like it? Do you think it needs more content? Give us any opinions and feedback you have on the whole IDEA of Entertainment News. Not how well it was written, or anything - the IDEA of it.

We are also recruiting for FREELANCERS! If you'd like to be a freelancer (backup writer) for a certain section, PM me!
    Last edited by Psychotic; 08-11-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

ChronicZ (08-11-2012),Delko DJ (08-11-2012),EpicCockMuncherNo1 (08-11-2012),Hux (08-11-2012),iAlbertcas (08-11-2012),Lightning (08-13-2012),[MPGH]Liz (08-11-2012),RoLe (08-11-2012),scotbud123 (08-11-2012),[MPGH]Time (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    The mentions are a little fucked but good job overall.

"Don't argue with an idiot they'll just drag you to their level and beat you with experience"

"It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose."

[IMG]https://i163.photobucke*****m/albums/t289/joshcarr_2007z.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    >Be 6-7 years old
    >be with 2 friends alone at home
    >someone comes with the idea of showing our cocks
    >we pull them out
    >We start touching each others cocks
    >then we stop and a few days go by
    >Same situation happens and we blow each other
    >We try to fuck each other in the ass
    >Toosmallcock.jpg

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Music. View Post
    The mentions are a little fucked but good job overall.
    I realize this. Trying to tell @Dave84311 's fatass, but he thinks it's my shitnet. My 150kb/s speeds have nothing to do with MPGH errors.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Nice job as usual besides those damn mentions

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by derkman View Post
    Nice job as usual besides those damn mentions
    Yeah, this is first time it's happened. I posted and was like what the shit? News looks like shit with all that. I'm working on getting it situated.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    Fantastic job as always.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Nice release. And yeah as said, tags and mentions are messed up.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

I realize this. Trying to tell @Dave84311 's fatass, but he thinks it's my shitnet. My 150kb/s speeds have nothing to do with MPGH errors.
    FIX IT URSELF , STRIP THEM OUT

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Good edition, that 3D printing shit is pretty interesting.
    Spent a few minutes reading up on it after reading the Mpgh news.
    Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

FIX IT URSELF , STRIP THEM OUT
    quiet fatty.

Anyways, took out mentions temporarily to avoid clutterfuck in the thread. And to avoid the news looking like shit.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    Last edited by I have no Money Nigga; 08-11-2012 at 12:56 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to I have no Money Nigga For This Useful Post:

Katy (08-11-2012)

Young angel; if you hate me tell me burn in heaven♥.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    MY MENTIONS MADE MY INTERVIEW
    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
    Princess since: 7/3/2012
    Need something translated from/to English? PM/VM me!

[/URL][/URL]

MSN: mpgh.katy@yahoo.com
    PM/VM me if you have any questions!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    MY MENTIONS MADE MY INTERVIEW
    Lol, I'll add em back when it gets fixed. .

Minion+ since 07.22.2016