Thread: Detection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Detection

so... i didnt edit the source or anything since i released... i simply recompiled it and it aint detected anymore but its exactly the same... WTF?
    is it normal?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gotter View Post
    so... i didnt edit the source or anything since i released... i simply recompiled it and it aint detected anymore but its exactly the same... WTF?
    is it normal?
    They must have detected it via the files unique hash (MD5 or SHA1)

Oh no! Vortex is gay!

Thanks
    wouldnt they need to update hackshield for that?
    also every hacks does that... if the person who released it recompile it then they can simply recompile again and it SHOULD not be detected anymore also if i make a loader that would write the file using binary and i was wondering would the md5 change? since its the exact same file theorically ... so idk ... if i make a loader would it remain undetected?
    Last edited by gotter; 08-15-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks
    All they would have to do to detect your dll's MD5 or SHA1 is add it to a txt file on their database or something. And each time you load hackshield, it would load that txt file into memory. Then scan for it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by iRustleYourJimmies View Post
    All they would have to do to detect your dll's MD5 or SHA1 is add it to a txt file on their database or something. And each time you load hackshield, it would load that txt file into memory. Then scan for it.
    Why do you think tools like BlackCipher and craps work? They simply add some junk to the .dll so you don't even need to recompile. The file's hash is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S. Anderson
    There are only two things to come out of Berkley, Unix and LSD,
    and I don’t think this is a coincidence
    You can win the rat race,
    But you're still nothing but a fucking RAT.

++Latest Projects++
    [Open Source] Injection Library
    Simple PE Cipher
    FilthyHooker - Simple Hooking Class
    CLR Injector - Inject .NET dlls with ease
    Simple Injection - An in-depth look
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

Why do you think tools like BlackCipher and craps work? They simply add some junk to the .dll so you don't even need to recompile. The file's hash is different.
    The tools don't work anymore.

:c

'ciphering' your hack is now irrelevant, nexon still detects the hack somehow.

Thanks
    but strangely when simply recompiling it works... but when you "Cipher" your hacks they are still detected... so seriously im wondering whats going on

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Just so everyone knows.. its the SHA1 thats being detected. For the SHA1 to change actual code modification has to be made to the file. Recompiled, changed a string etc. Pumping bullshit doesnt work on SHA1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707 View Post
    Just so everyone knows.. its the SHA1 thats being detected. For the SHA1 to change actual code modification has to be made to the file. Recompiled, changed a string etc. Pumping bullshit doesnt work on SHA1
    That and just so you know, not that many people know this, but it's that time of year again where hooks get detected. **Hint Hint** to everybody

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    What do you mean "Doesn't work on SHA1", that's just plain wrong? SHA1 in and of itself is just like every other encryption algorithm. It doesn't do anything special, or different from what would happen if Nexon used MD5, SHA256, SHA512 or any other encryption algorithm. However, if they've changed their hashing logic (i.e WHAT they're hashing) then that would be what's causing it to fail, since all the public "ciphers" just dump shit on the end of the file, which is very easy to exclude.

They may be just hashing the code base, or the sections, or any other constantly identifiable portion of the file. Still, very easy to mix up the .dll externally and still remain undetected without having to recompile...if you know what you're doing that is
    Last edited by Jason; 08-16-2012 at 05:24 AM.

++Latest Projects++
    Simple PE Cipher
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason For This Useful Post:

Departure (08-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

What do you mean "Doesn't work on SHA1", that's just plain wrong? SHA1 in and of itself is just like every other encryption algorithm. It doesn't do anything special, or different from what would happen if Nexon used MD5, SHA256, SHA512 or any other encryption algorithm. However, if they've changed their hashing logic (i.e WHAT they're hashing) then that would be what's causing it to fail, since all the public "ciphers" just dump shit on the end of the file, which is very easy to exclude.

They may be just hashing the code base, or the sections, or any other constantly identifiable portion of the file. Still, very easy to mix up the .dll externally and still remain undetected without having to recompile...if you know what you're doing that is
    Please explain to me how pumping changes the SHA1 of the file? If you compare the SHA1 of a file before and after being pumped theyre exactly the same. So no, pumping doesnt work on the SHA1. IF you were to use other encryption methods then perhaps you could actually change the SHA1. Nexon doesn't hash different parts of the file. I know this because when you recompile a hack it becomes undetected. You dont even have to change a single piece of the file. If it were hashing out parts of the file then the file would consistently not work because the same parts would be getting hashed and detected right away yes?
    When you pump the file the SHA1 doesn't change, the pumping only changes the MD5. I have it on good authority that nexon previously detected MD5, they no longer use that. The purpose of the file pumping was to change the MD5 of the file, thats the only thing it actually changes. I was using SHA1 as an example, however trying to explain that to the people who dont actually understand this doesnt work. And if its so easy to encrypt the dll externally without packing it with 200 dollar software please do share.

Dim filesize As Double = Val(NumericUpDown1.Value)
    filesize = filesize * 1024
    Dim filetopump = IO.File.OpenWrite(TextBox2.Text)
    Dim size = filetopump.Seek(0, IO.SeekOrigin.[End])
    While size < filesize
    filetopump.WriteByte(0)
    size += 1
    End While
    filetopump.Close()

Because that shit no longer works

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by arun823 View Post
    That and just so you know, not that many people know this, but it's that time of year again where hooks get detected. **Hint Hint** to everybody
    Its not the hooks, because when people recompile the hacks work for about 5 hours before becoming detected again. If the hooks were being detected they wouldnt work from the start.
    Last edited by Bombsaway707; 08-16-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Please explain to me how pumping changes the SHA1 of the file? If you compare the SHA1 of a file before and after being pumped theyre exactly the same. So no, pumping doesnt work on the SHA1. IF you were to use other encryption methods then perhaps you could actually change the SHA1. Nexon doesn't hash different parts of the file. I know this because when you recompile a hack it becomes undetected. You dont even have to change a single piece of the file. If it were hashing out parts of the file then the file would consistently not work because the same parts would be getting hashed and detected right away yes?
    When you pump the file the SHA1 doesn't change, the pumping only changes the MD5. I have it on good authority that nexon previously detected MD5, they no longer use that. The purpose of the file pumping was to change the MD5 of the file, thats the only thing it actually changes. I was using SHA1 as an example, however trying to explain that to the people who dont actually understand this doesnt work. And if its so easy to encrypt the dll externally without packing it with 200 dollar software please do share.

While size < filesize
    filetopump.WriteByte(0)
    size += 1
    End While
    filetopump.Close()

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Its not the hooks, because when people recompile the hacks work for about 5 hours before becoming detected again. If the hooks were being detected they wouldnt work from the start.
    Derps :3. By your reasoning, SHA1 is a broken encryption algorithm.

I'm not saying that file-pumping doesn't work any more, I believe that it doesn't. I'm just saying that it is NOT because of the encryption algorithm they are using (SHA1/MD5...whatever), its because Nexon have gotten smarter than:

Code:
    BYTE *bFile = ReadAllOfTheFileOnDisk("path/to/library.dll");
    std::string sha1 = ComputeMagicalSHA1Hash(bFile);
    if (our_list_of_baddy_hacks.contains(sha1))
        ALERT("YOU HAX BAD MEN!!!!!");
    Instead of just reading blindly whatever is on disk, they're likely to be parsing some of the internal infrastructure of the .dll file (which is well documented), and hashing only a portion of the file. Something like:

Code:
    BYTE *bFile = ReadFileData(optional_header->BaseOfCode, optional_header->SizeOfCode);
    //do hash check on the portion of the file
    That way, dumping useless shit on the end won't affect their precious hash values, as it's just ignored.

++Latest Projects++
    Simple PE Cipher
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason For This Useful Post:

arun823 (08-16-2012),Saltine (08-16-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

While size < filesize
    filetopump.WriteByte(0)
    size += 1
    End While
    filetopump.Close()

That is not entirely true, detected hooks cause the game to crash after about a minute or so.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by arun823 View Post
    That is not entirely true, detected hooks cause the game to crash after about a minute or so.
    Yes, but the main issue isnt a detected hook. Otherwise recompiling wouldnt fix the issue

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    The header timestamp is different each time you recompile your application. If the implementation of their hashing algorithm doesn't ignore hashing the PE header the hash value is gonna be different each time. MSVC stub might have some time dependant data too, which obviously is different each time your recompile the application.

It doesn't matter if they use MD5 or SHA1 as the algorithm is basically the same, just a different hash size and digest chunk size, which affect only performance and hash security.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast