Threaded View

Thanks

MPGH News (9/28/12)

11th Edition
    9/28/12

MPGH Newsletter
    MPGH News has been working hard for the past 11 editions to produce you the most recent news to happen both on MPGH, and outside of it. With our outstanding Writers, and hard-working Editors, we've recently been working on our next aspect of the MPGH News - the MPGH Newsletter. The 1st MPGH Newsletter to go out will be on September 30th, 2012 (in 2 days!). Be on the lookout for the September 30th, 2012 MPGH Newsletter being emailed to YOU in 2 days.

User News
    @DixSmoker, AKA Ecstasy was unbanned last week and given Cocksucker. Earlier this week, he was taken out of cocksucker due to unknown reasons.

@Sjoerd was unbanned today... again and then banned again and sent back to the "scammer bin". RIP Sjoerd.

Group Changes
    @DaRk was demoted from his position as a Minion for the Crossfire section.

Post Bans
    @arunforce the king of rats hit is 13337 postban. Congratulations, rat.
    @Xien reached 3,000 posts. Congratulations!
    @Digits2012 reached her first postban (1337 posts). Congrats.
    @-InSaNe one of our newly promoted Minions reached his first postban earlier this week also. Congratulations, Insane! @.Cereal hit 3000 posts this week - congratulations. @Hero spammed to 17,000 posts. Congratulations!
    Birthday Bans @FrosK had his birthday earlier this week. Happy birthday, Frosk!

Interview - [MPGH]Royku

[MPGH]Time: Hey thurr Royku, How are you today?
    [MPGH]Royku: im fine and you

[MPGH]Time: good thanks , So royku how long have you been on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Royku: for about 9 months (:

[MPGH]Time: Sweet, How did you stumble upon MPGH?
    [MPGH]Royku: oo well, i was looking for some hacks for CF.. and i kept getting links to MPGH so i took a look and the site was just amazing

[MPGH]Time: Sweet, Tell us a little about yourself Royku
    [MPGH]Royku: hmm, well im Roy zinken , 15 Years old. live in the netherlands , im in highschool i like to play soccer (:

[MPGH]Time: Soccer boi , On the time you stayed on MPGH , did you find anyone who might serve you as an inspiration or role model?
    [MPGH]Royku: like someone on MPGH?

[MPGH]Time: Yeah
    [MPGH]Royku:well , yea i really look up to Hero.. he grow so fast from minion to Minion+ from minion+ to mod and he did such a great job ofc

[MPGH]Time: ;] , What's the weirdest thing that has happened to you on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Royku: the time that i got keylogged .. i woke up that morning checked MPGH and saw that i realesed some hacks... so i was like " wtf when did it release this shit " ;]

[MPGH]Time: aha , Did you do any sort of contributions prior to getting minion? If so, what kind of contributions?
    [MPGH]Royku: yep. i made tons of hacks for CF and i helped out much ppl with questions etc

[MPGH]Time: Good to know , Who has helped you out the most on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Royku: hmmm i guess hero , Thunder, Dave (:

[MPGH]Time: xD, Do you have any favorite music artists or bands that you listen to?
    [MPGH]Royku: not really

[MPGH]Time: What about some favorite games? ;]
    [MPGH]Royku: COD series ofc CF , SF , BF

[MPGH]Time: ah cool , Before we wrap this up would you like to give a shout out to anyone?
    [MPGH]Royku: Shout out to whole MPGH i love you ;]

[MPGH]Time: <3 Thanks for the time roykuu /doet
    [MPGH]Royku: np

Money for marrige?
    A Hong Kong tycoon, Cecil Chao Szetsung, put out a "bounty" for somebody to marry his daughter, Gigi Chao. The reward? 64 Million Dollars ($64,000,000). The catch? The daughter is gay (lesbian)! Apparantley though, she already has a partner! According to uncomfirmed reports she married her long time friend, another woman. The daughter has refused to comment on that question. Cecil has said that she is unmarried though. Now, Gigi is being flooded with emails from men who would like to take her on a date.

Eagle Crashes Plane!
    19 died in the terrible plane crash that occured in Nepal. The plane was set to go to a Mount Everest expidition staging post. On takeoff though, the plane hit an eagle, causing it to crash and kill all 19 on board. It went down only 2 minutes after depature from the Kathmandu international airport. It crashed into the side of the Maohara River in Nepal. Although the crash is still being investigated, statements have been released stating that the black eagle that the plane hit was a definate factor. 7 on the flight were confirmed British nationals, 5 Chinese nationals. This isn't the first time plane crashes have occured in Nepal. In the past year, two others have crashed killing 15 in May of this year, and 19 last year.

Walking Dead Ep. 4 Coming in October
    The very popular 'The Walking Dead', a five-part game series set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic book series announced that the fourth episode will be available next month. The episode is called 'Around Every Corner' and is written by Gary Whitta, the same person that wrote 'The Book of Eli'.
    They also announced that the fifth episode named 'No Time Left' will be available at the end of this year.
    For more information about The Walking Dead visit their official website @ Episodes - The Walking Dead - Telltale Games .

Assassin's Creed III System Requirements
    Ubisoft announced today the system requirements to run Assassin's Creed III. I remind you that the map of this new Assassin's Creed episode is 1.5 times larger than Assassin's Creed Revelations map.
    Here are the system requirements:
    • OS: Windows Vista (SP2) or Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
    • Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6700 2.66 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 + 3.00 GHz
    • RAM: 2Gb for OS 32 bits or 4Gb for OS 64 bits
    • Graphics Card: 512 Mb, Shader Model 4.0, AMD Radeon HD 3870 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 or NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / 9 / 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600
    • Hard Drive: 17GB

Far Cry 3 System Requirements
    Ubisoft didn't only announce Assassin's Creed III system requirements, they also announced Far Cry 3 ones. So, here are the system requirements for the up-coming Far Cry that will available on November, 29th:
    Minimum system requirements
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 + 3 GHz
    • RAM: 4Gb
    • Graphics Card: 512 Mb* DirectX 9

Recommended Configuration
    • Processor: Intel Core i3-530 or AMD Phenom II X2 565
    • RAM: 6Gb
    • Graphics Card: 1 Gb* DirectX 11

High-Performance Configuration
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K or AMD FX-4150
    • RAM: 8Gb
    • Graphics Card: 1 Gb* DirectX 11

* Compatible Graphics Cards:
    • ATI Radeon HD 2900 / 3000 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 8800 / GTX 9000 / GT 200 / GT 400 / GT 500 / GT 600 series

Steam for Linux Beta Announced
    As you may remember a few months ago, Valve is working on getting Steam on Linux. Today Valve made a announcement on their official Linux blog that an internal beta starting next week, and a private external beta for 1,000 users sometime in October.
    The private external beta will include:
    -Steam
    -One Valve game
    -Support for Ubuntu 12.04 and above
    It will not yet include:
    -Big Picture mode
    -Additional Valve games
    Thei will be using a sign up page for the external beta and more information about that will be announced in the near future.
    They note if you are new to Linux it's better to wait for a subsequent release where more features are implemented along with improvements to the user install experience.
    More information about Steam on Linux visit their official blog @ Linux | Valve .

Miner Wars 2081 - Closed Beta Released
    After three years of furious development Miner Wars 2081 is getting closer to finishing the line. Miner Wars has left the alpha and is now officially in closed beta. This is only for the people that pre-ordered the game.
    This closed beta will showcase most of the end-game material since the game is almost done. They currently packed in 31 missions, which is about 10-15 hours of straight game play, but could take you much longer considering the free-roaming / sandbox gameplay, in-game editor and multi-player. Note that only first 6 missions are dubbed and tested by our team. Remaining missions are in the process.
    For the multiplayer they have polished many facets of their networking to include: merchants, mining, drilling, turret, terminal scripts, and over 50 weapons! There are 15 default death-match sectors ready to choose from and you can always build your own death-match sectors in the in-game editor.
    Not only multiplayer is getting attention they're also introducing a new co-op gameplay where an amazing 16 players can play together.

For more information about Miner Wars visit their official website @ Miner Wars Official Website .

Data Crystals, Brought to You by Hitachi.
    This Monday, Hitachi unveiled the newest in information storage technology. Data crystals. Data is stored in binary form as dots in a thin sheet of quartz glass. These dots can be seen and read using any old optical microscope. By storing data in hard glass quartz, it renders it pretty much indestructible, allowing near indefinite storage. The prototype is two centimeters square and two millimeters thick. An array of tests determined that it is unaffected by a wide range of chemicals, radio waves, direct exposure to flame, temperatures as high as 1000°C, and water. "We believe data will survive unless this hard glass is broken," said senior researcher Takao Watanabe. The current prototype has four layers of dots, which can hold 40 megabytes per square inch, approximately the density on a music CD. But adding more layers shouldn’t pose a problem. For the first time since stone tablets, data will be able to survive eons.

Tesla unveils its Supercharger network.
    Tesla Motors unveils its Supercharger network designed for its Model S. Built in secret, 6 stations have already been deployed in Cali. These stations will offer FREE charge to the Model S, using solar panels to supply the charge. By the 2013, all of Cali will be covered, as well as bordering parts of Nevada and Oregon. In 2 years, most of the US will be covered. In as little as 5 years, the entire US as well as bordering parts of Canada will be covered. Watch the video for more details.

MPGH News Team

• Writers

---

Recruiting User News Writer!
    We are now recruiting!
    We only need one Writer for the User News section. If you're interested of becoming a WRITER for the User News section, PM me.

---
    Last edited by Psychotic; 09-29-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

<LoL. (10-12-2012),6O9 (09-29-2012),[MPGH]Austin (09-29-2012),bowlcut (09-29-2012),DawgiiStylz (09-29-2012),Delko DJ (09-29-2012),GRgaergaergaergerag (09-30-2012),Janitor (09-29-2012),Lehsyrus (09-28-2012),Lightning (10-07-2012),Ohusen (09-29-2012),Royce (09-29-2012),[MPGH]Time (09-28-2012),Viktor (09-30-2012)