Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Epic of anime: Berserk.

Lets talk about Berserk, the epic of epics.

Now berserk, is pretty much your story of the worlds most manliest man, Guts. Guts kills "apostles" for a living, in order to get revenge on Griffith one of the five "God Hands".

Now the story starts off in Guts apostle killing with a flashback to the Golden Age after he finally meets Griffith. The Golden Age is what the current 2 movies are based off on.
    -More on that later.

The golden age is rather boring in consideration to the rest of the anime, but is still quite interesting if you haven't seen it before because of the origins of Guts and Griffith.
    --------------------
    Oh by the way spoilers.
    -----------------------

Anyway, lets talk about the anime.

Starts at golden age, ends at the Red Egg of the Apocalyspe fun time for all party. Its pretty much a shitty anime because its old and the author re-drew one picture for a couple of the battle scenes.(its really corny). The anime ends at red egg fun time, probably one of the worse anime endings in history.
    ----------------------
    Ok so lets move on to the manga.

The manga takes off where Guts gets his Dragon-slaying sword(oh how cool is this sword), and he sets off leaving casca behind(because she became retarded).
    -But low and behold! She was pregnant! Her baby is the spawn of the devil himself AHAHAHAHAHAHAHH.

Anyway, guts continually kills demons with his sword and finds them through his mark of sacrifice(because not many survive the red egg fun time party of doom).

He meets some people, griffith gets invovled, the entire reality of the world changes.

And here we are now.
    --------------------------------------------
    Reasons you should(If you haven't already) pick up this series:
    Guts is a badass motherfucker.
    Killing everyone is part of the plan
    Probably the best medieval manga you will ever read.
    The art is extremely detailed
    A good list of characters to like all with their own story and shit.
    Tits, blood, and the catholic church.
    The main character makes zoro look like a pussy.
    Well placed comedy.
    Plot that is rather good.
    Casca: heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey sexy lady!

Problems with the series:
    The author is old and this series is so epic he may die before its finished.
    The movies(which are ridiculously well animated/good), are on the Golden Age. Thats boring as shit compared to the motherfucking apostles, demons, gods, etc. that he faces. The golden age is important, just not movie worthy.
    This series is no stranger to violence. If you can't take a bit-o-blood, don't even bother reading.(pussy).
    Griffith isn't really cool till he.......

Alrighty, who here has read berserk?
    Last edited by Empire; 10-22-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    tl;dr because I knew it contained spoilers.

The manga is ongoing, right? But the anime is finished. I check on WIKI and it says the anime was around late 1990's. Is it still good quality and shit? Because I;m not very adapted to the old animes. Is it worth watching?
    [IMG]https://i1179.photobucke*****m/albums/x386/gaara4life12/asdasd.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by fingernig View Post
    tl;dr because I knew it contained spoilers.

The manga is ongoing, right? But the anime is finished. I check on WIKI and it says the anime was around late 1990's. Is it still good quality and shit? Because I;m not very adapted to the old animes. Is it worth watching?
    Uh........read vs. watch.

If you need to watch, watch the NEW movies that just came out in the last year.(there is 2.).

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Didn't that black dude you always try to quote to prove me wrong (even though he makes no real sense) say that Beserk was gore for the sake of gore? (Not saying I agree with him, but you seem to).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Didn't that black dude you always try to quote to prove me wrong (even though he makes no real sense) say that Beserk was gore for the sake of gore? (Not saying I agree with him, but you seem to).
    Uh..........no? Don't get me wrong, there are several horror-guro series that are JUST about that, but berserk would not fit into that.

There is a lot of gore, but that is kind of common in epics(especially pre-medieval), so its not really FOR the sake of gore, but there is a lot of it in there..
    --------------------

Though to be warned: If you can't handle gore, don't pick this up. This isn't shonen and is made for a mature audience.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-29-2012 at 01:21 AM.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Uh..........no? Don't get me wrong, there are several horror-guro series that are JUST about that, but berserk would not fit into that.

There is a lot of gore, but that is kind of common in epics(especially pre-medieval), so its not really FOR the sake of gore, but there is a lot of it in there..
    --------------------

Though to be warned: If you can't handle gore, don't pick this up. This isn't shonen and is made for a mature audience.
    Oh, alright. I remember he said that once and ZipBlockGlory responded with a video telling him WHY he was wrong.

And I wasn't planning on picking it up either, I don't like gore and have a lot of other anime to watch first. I was just wondering.

Thanks
    Anime for the win

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Great manga, although the latest arcs are degrading towards silly sh@t with too much emphasis on Tolkienesque infantilism, stupid fan service and underage nudity.
    Great anime, but the TV series was just too lame compared to the manga... can't really risk outrage.
    Great movie, but the film brings nothing new whatsoever, which makes it useless for me.

So yes, Epic. So yes, lots to desire.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Netbiatch View Post
    Great manga, although the latest arcs are degrading towards silly sh@t with too much emphasis on Tolkienesque infantilism, stupid fan service and underage nudity.
    Great anime, but the TV series was just too lame compared to the manga... can't really risk outrage.
    Great movie, but the film brings nothing new whatsoever, which makes it useless for me.

So yes, Epic. So yes, lots to desire.
    Yeah the movies are still on the golden age, which is a very small(especially now) portion of the manga. Ever since the giant monster/skullknight/godhand event the manga has been going on a more "silly" role. The mermaid stuff is just pointless as the crew already had enough kids as is, and the entire battle really wasn't that interesting.

I'm interested in the elf place, but unless its like the moth-battle I doubt I'll like it over the main plot.