Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Im using it right now on my desktop.
    Its pretty good actually.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoggy00 View Post

Linux got a huge boost in activity when people who hate macs still wanted a good OS, and the only "new" option was Vista. I'm suggesting the same thing is going to happen, since it seems that W8 is a fail for a desktop OS.
    Oh I see what you're saying. I interpreted what you said too literally.

This is how I feel about it, just trying to have an open mind before deciding to skip it.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/quote]
    Windows 8 is exactly like Windows 7 except with a lot of advancements in the kernel's threading and a focus on a multi-platform OS. If people don't like Win8, and do like windows 7 is it out of stubbornness.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Windows 8 is exactly like Windows 7 except with a lot of advancements in the kernel's threading and a focus on a multi-platform OS. If people don't like Win8, and do like windows 7 is it out of stubbornness.
    Why would I want the same OS for my phone as my multi-monitor computer? It's extremely inefficient. Even Apple doesn't do that, and they're the ones that pushed Microsoft to do something risky in the first place. If it runs smoother in the background, that's great. But why not do that and still make a feasible user interface for people who use multi-monitor setups, like gamers or most office workers. Of course I'm stubborn; if I didn't like Vista because I was not thrilled about using something that was inefficient, littered with bugs, and not an improvement, does that make me stubborn too?

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

Tutorials for consoles and hacks

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Drake says its crappy .

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Drake says its crappy .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Why would I want the same OS for my phone as my multi-monitor computer? It's extremely inefficient.
    How is it anywhere near inefficient? It is much more efficient for developers, desktop users and the people maintaining the OS.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I tryed it and I hate it I don't think a pc should look like an Iphone.
    [IMG]https://i30.photobucke*****m/albums/c335/Joshcarr2006/tumblr_lz1nrntuZf1qdxcglo1_500_zps0388a33f.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    is windows 8 worth it?

Thanks
    How is it anywhere near inefficient? It is much more efficient for developers, desktop users and the people maintaining the OS.
    Why would you care if something is more efficient for the developers and people maintaining the OS. This is a PAID FOR program. If it was freeware, sure, I'd see your point. They should care about quality for the end user if they don't want their stock to plummet. Is it a coincidence their stock has gone down 10% since the release of Windows 8 to manufacturers? Shouldn't it have gone 10% up?

I'm suggesting it's inefficient. For instance, multitasking. I commonly have 2 instances of excel, one word, 2 powerpoint, chrome and maybe a .pdf or 2 up at the same time when I'm making a presentation or crunching data. Windows 8 looks like it would be a nightmare for that.

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

Tutorials for consoles and hacks

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Win 8= vista allover again i dont think i will ever like it ;S

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Is it a coincidence their stock has gone down 10% since the release of Windows 8 to manufacturers? Shouldn't it have gone 10% up?
    Well, it hasn't even been on the market for very long. There are TONS of reasons for the stock market to drop because of windows 8. We don't even know Microsoft's marketing plan for Windows 8. They lost quite a bit of money on the selling of the XBox 360, but their marketing plan was to make more than that back on the games they published for the consoles.

Windows 8 looks like it would be a nightmare for that.
    Why? 'Looks' isn't a solid argument.

Thanks
    Well, it hasn't even been on the market for very long. There are TONS of reasons for the stock market to drop because of windows 8. We don't even know Microsoft's marketing plan for Windows 8. They lost quite a bit of money on the selling of the XBox 360, but their marketing plan was to make more than that back on the games they published for the consoles.

Why? 'Looks' isn't a solid argument.
    Just a quick question, how is the multi-tasking in W8? I still can't get it to run without crashing everytime I try to alter ANYTHING

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Anyone with over a few years of Windows pre-8 launch will feel out of place. Multi-tasking is horrible, less horrible if you have a touchscreen, but touch screens are inefficienct as it is. Most developers and enterprise still run on archaic systems, so there's that.

I'll only get it for an on-the-go laptop that I'd use for light gaming and basic media considering I travel more these days.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Idk why everyone is bitching but like arun said get start8 if you dont want metro + windows 8 is faster than 7.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hispiforce For This Useful Post:

Delko DJ (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey. View Post

Crossfire.
    A.V.A
    Cry of Fear
    F.E.A.R 1, 2, and 3
    CSS
    etc
    Oh snap! Got me there ^_^ . I don't really play those types of games, but I'm sure it must be annoying to not have access to them on a windows 8 machine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Troooop View Post
    Oh snap! Got me there ^_^ . I don't really play those types of games, but I'm sure it must be annoying to not have access to them on a windows 8 machine.
    There are about 10 more I just wanted to stop there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12