Thread: Is God Dead?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Not true.

Deuteronomy 6:16, Matthew 4:7 and Luke 4:12 all support your claim,
    but Judges 6:36-40, 1 Kings 18:36-38 and 2 Kings 20:8-11 are all examples of God being tested.
    Was he really being tested, or called upon? There not testing his existence or his power. I know I never said that before, buts thats what I meant.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    i think what Obama meant was that God will not give into test that are not according to his will. Do you think that he would want Longetivity to die?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quick, the monkeys are catching up to us. We need a new trick.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwho99 View Post
    i think what Obama meant was that God will not give into test that are not according to his will. Do you think that he would want Longetivity to die?
    I want longevity to die, and i believe god is subject to my whims. Convenient how God hasn't "willed" himself to be tested anytime in the past 2000 years, you know, now that we have the scientific method.

Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

Quick, the monkeys are catching up to us. We need a new trick.

Holy shit, it's genetic-cousin Steve!

John 4:16
    And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1 Samuel 15:3
    Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 04-18-2009 at 11:07 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    paroxysm why would God be a subject to your whims? To you God is a slave and thats not what he is. and as for God "willing" himself to be tested. They have always had a scientific method but even in the bible God didn't just "will" himself all the time just to prove his existence. Personal opinion: if he had, then even now you would come up with some explanation, even it was 100% real you would somehow try to prove it wrong. This is why this argument won't be solved.

Another thing, my opinion is that God does exist, otherwise there would be no hope, no reason for living. Then again that is my opinion, you can disagree or call it w/e but fact is its my opinion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    paroxysm why would God be a subject to your whims? To you God is a slave and thats not what he is. and as for God "willing" himself to be tested. They have always had a scientific method but even in the bible God didn't just "will" himself all the time just to prove his existence. Personal opinion: if he had, then even now you would come up with some explanation, even it was 100% real you would somehow try to prove it wrong. This is why this argument won't be solved.

Another thing, my opinion is that God does exist, otherwise there would be no hope, no reason for living. Then again that is my opinion, you can disagree or call it w/e but fact is its my opinion.
    And your entitled to your wrong opinion

I'm only a few days late but HAPPY ZOMBIE JESUS DAY!
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    ah i knew it, its kinda late so this is my last post.(4tonight)
    1. paroxysm you never discuss anything really, you make remarks and smart comments but you start this and never really get into it. I wonder why you made this thread? (maybe because you wanted a boost or something? idk rly...)

2. Look its proving pointless to argue, because none of you will admit your wrong or right. you just all think your right. I admit some things in Christianity don't make sense, but that doesn't mean its not true. The thing is i find it sad that more than half of the people who voted don't have any hope and if i guess right they are a lot more likely to commit suicide, for if you don't believe i God(after life) whats the point of living? if you can honestly tell me a good answer without some smartass comment or picture then I'm good, cus i just wanna know what gives you hope. Because without hope life just seems idk sorta meaningless.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Lol lol. Paroxysm has an ego problem. We all no.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    YEA I TOTALLY AGREE....... LIKE IT IS SAID IN THE HOLY QURAN...... GOD HAS SEALED THEIR MINDS/HEARTS............ SO IT IS A TOTALLY FRUITLESS ARGUMENT............... AND WTF... I WONDER WHY THEY CALL THE BIG BANG THEORY A "THEORY"..... MAYBE CAUSE THEY'R NOT SURE......LOLZ
    Last edited by hbk; 04-18-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us at a Moment of Our Choosing

[img]https://i981.photobucke*****m/albums/ae291/hbktminc/untitled2-1-1.jpg[/img]
    Join the HeartBreak ARMY: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/heart_break_army.html

I'm a Muslim, What are You?
    Trademark Inc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    ah i knew it, its kinda late so this is my last post.(4tonight)
    1. paroxysm you never discuss anything really, you make remarks and smart comments but you start this and never really get into it. I wonder why you made this thread? (maybe because you wanted a boost or something? idk rly...)

2. Look its proving pointless to argue, because none of you will admit your wrong or right. you just all think your right. I admit some things in Christianity don't make sense, but that doesn't mean its not true. The thing is i find it sad that more than half of the people who voted don't have any hope and if i guess right they are a lot more likely to commit suicide, for if you don't believe i God(after life) whats the point of living? if you can honestly tell me a good answer without some smartass comment or picture then I'm good, cus i just wanna know what gives you hope. Because without hope life just seems idk sorta meaningless.
    Have you seen the pictures from the Hubble telescope? That's what gives me hope, the undiscovered gives me hope, the people I have yet to meet, the foods I have yet to taste and sights I have yet to see, that's what gives me hope. In my opinion when you center your life around god you put blinders on yourself to avoid looking at this universe.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Have you seen the pictures from the Hubble telescope? That's what gives me hope, the undiscovered gives me hope, the people I have yet to meet, the foods I have yet to taste and sights I have yet to see, that's what gives me hope. In my opinion when you center your life around god you put blinders on yourself to avoid looking at this universe.
    Obama gives me hope.

Christianity is not denying science. Science explains what God has made. If anything we need to work together. WEE

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by hbk View Post
    YEA I TOTALLY AGREE....... LIKE IT IS SAID IN THE HOLY QURAN...... GOD HAS SEALED THEIR MINDS/HEARTS............ SO IT IS A TOTALLY FRUITLESS ARGUMENT............... AND WTF... I WONDER WHY THEY CAN THE BIG BANG THEORY A "THEORY"..... MAYBE CAUSE THEY'R NOT SURE......LOLZ
    I sincerely hope your trolling, because if your not you are a very uneducated person.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    i don't want to crush your dreams paroxsym ( i know i said last post lol )
    Your not understanding that whatever you discover whatever you experience it won't matter come the end of your life. at the end of your life what happens? I'm not talking about what drives you daily or what you want to do with your life. I'm talking about your afterlife(again you dodged the real question)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

hbk (04-18-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    i don't want to crush your dreams paroxsym ( i know i said last post lol )
    Your not understanding that whatever you discover whatever you experience it won't matter come the end of your life. at the end of your life what happens? I'm not talking about what drives you daily or what you want to do with your life. I'm talking about your afterlife(again you dodged the real question)
    I don't believe in an afterlife m8, if you have evidence to suggest that there is an afterlife I would love to hear it. Just because when I die, my achievements won't be important to me doesn't mean they won't be important for others. New generations need to learn from the generations of the past.
    (I can't dodge a question if you explicitly state it)
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 04-18-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    This is known as a "religious loophole"

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast