Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Nexons new Hacking fine, a closer look

So you all read the thread about Nexon Updated ToS, stating hacker will be fined a whopping $1,000. And I read through some of your posts and you guys said that if you signed up earlier and agreed to the earlier ToS, you will be fine. But thats wrong.
    Read this:
    They dont need user input or agreement.

NEXON AMERICA, INC. - TERMS OF USE
    PLEASE READ THIS TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICE. Nexon America, Inc. ("Nexon America," the "Company," "we," "us") provides this web site (the "Site") and all Site-related services and products, including, without limitation, massively multiplayer online role-playing and multiplayer online casual games (collectively, the "Service") subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (the "Agreement"). This Agreement governs the relationship between the Company and you, the Site visitor and/or Service member ("you") with respect to your use of the Service. It is important that you read carefully and understand the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

We reserve the right at any time to:

* Change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
    * Change the Service, including terminating, eliminating, supplementing, modifying, adding to or discontinuing any content or data on or feature of the Service or the hours that the Service is available;
    * Change any fees or charges, if any, related to your use of the Service; and
    * Change the equipment, hardware or software required to use and access the Service.

Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by any means including, without limitation, posting on the Site. Your continued use of the Site or Service after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Agreement. Upon our request, you agree to sign a non-electronic version of this Agreement.

Now im sure they wont pursue, but now thats proof that every hacker here is liable for the fine.
    Thank me if you just pissed your pants.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jared808 For This Useful Post:

blind-king (04-27-2009),Dested (04-27-2009),insanealex21 (04-27-2009),runewarz (04-27-2009),ryanterror (05-04-2009),slayrofevil (04-22-2009)

Thanks
    how pathetic r u noobs...just cuz it says fees and charges doesnt mean they will charge u for hacking...wat they r stating is that they have the rights to charge u IF APPLIES TO CHANGES MADE IN the FINANCIAL AGREEMENT TO use OF thIS gaME/SITE!!!

dont get scared..man u ppl need to understand this kinda stuff

Thanks
    THEY CANT FULLY SUE US

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    dude sum guy just posted and is shure that they wont track us down =='

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I don't care if they fine me (or us).
    They use a built in keylogger to keep watch of your key strokes and they also take pictures of your desktop and game every now and then (that is why the game lags all of a sudden).
    So we can counter sue ^_^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by supernova2131 View Post
    I don't care if they fine me (or us).
    They use a built in keylogger to keep watch of your key strokes and they also take pictures of your desktop and game every now and then (that is why the game lags all of a sudden).
    So we can counter sue ^_^
    yea but u agrrd to there tos -_- someone should make a fake webpage with same as nexo npage cept disagree means agree and agrree means disagree and just make a video so if they do sue u can pull out the video but make it zoomed into the small portion only make it not show the url

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Couple of things that make me laugh at this.

First, in the U.S.A. anyone under the age of 18 is considered a minor for all intents and purposes. minors in the USA are not legally able to enter into a legal contract of any type without their parents/guardians explicit written permission. This means any contract, including a TOS that a minor agrees to is automaticly null and void. parentel permission cannot be "implied".
    Second, corporations cannot issue a legally enforceable "fine". that is they cannot issue you a ticket of some sort and get the police to enforce it.
    To sue you successfully they would have to prove your actions directly contributed to loss of income for the company, or in some way directly damaged their privately held hardware/software. Unless the hack makes server side changes, or hooks processes on the host server it is not illegal in any way I know of. You can change or modify any information on your home computer at will, doesn't matter if it's combat arms or even windows itself.
    This isn't like the RIAA fighting against piracy, they won't be coming to your house with the F.B.I. it's a way to try and scare off the ignorant kids, and a way for them to potentially make a buck or 2 off the idiots that think they have to pay these fines.
    Last edited by bloopgun; 05-02-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks
    lolz thats lame

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    They're all blahhhhh talk.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by bloopgun View Post
    Couple of things that make me laugh at this.

First, in the U.S.A. anyone under the age of 18 is considered a minor for all intents and purposes. minors in the USA are not legally able to enter into a legal contract of any type without their parents/guardians explicit written permission. This means any contract, including a TOS that a minor agrees to is automaticly null and void. parentel permission cannot be "implied".
    Second, corporations cannot issue a legally enforceable "fine". that is they cannot issue you a ticket of some sort and get the police to enforce it.
    To sue you successfully they would have to prove your actions directly contributed to loss of income for the company, or in some way directly damaged their privately held hardware/software. Unless the hack makes server side changes, or hooks processes on the host server it is not illegal in any way I know of. You can change or modify any information on your home computer at will, doesn't matter if it's combat arms or even windows itself.
    This isn't like the RIAA fighting against piracy, they won't be coming to your house with the F.B.I. it's a way to try and scare off the ignorant kids, and a way for them to potentially make a buck or 2 off the idiots that think they have to pay these fines.
    i must salute you. i was about to post that, but i saw that an intelligent choob posted it already, because i actually read the thread lol

and to sue you would cost much more than $1,000 in legal fees(a lawyer good enough to defend a violation of constitutional privacy laws)
    Time to start cycling through old sigs.
    [IMG]https://i381.photobucke*****m/albums/oo259/darkstar9540/5infection.png[/IMG]

Well that is that and this is this,
    You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get,
    You get away from me.
    You get away from me
    Modest Mouse
    Ocean Breathes Salty
    Float On

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Remorse For This Useful Post:

bloopgun (05-02-2009)

Thanks
    What you need to understand is that more than likely some of your "paid hacks" money just goes to nexon anyways. As long as they don't see a sudden stop of sales for those hacks nothing like that will ever happen. I will leave you with a question..."Who makes viruses?" I think you know the answer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar9540 View Post
    i must salute you. i was about to post that, but i saw that an intelligent choob posted it already, because i actually read the thread lol

and to sue you would cost much more than $1,000 in legal fees(a lawyer good enough to defend a violation of constitutional privacy laws)

/bows
    thank you, I try to fight internet idiots whenever I can.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    jaredd im actually here
    [IMG]https://i499.photobucke*****m/albums/rr353/Negativ3_photo/negativ3sig-1.png[/IMG]

And Shepherds we shall be
    For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
    So our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

Boondock Saints

Thanks
    Oh heya Negativ3

Thanks

TOS

If you agree to play the game and they have written in the TOS that an action that is not legal play is hacking (modify software for your benefit) and that you agree that all cost and obligation shall function under the laws of the state or country then it is a binding contract when you hit accept.
    They even state that they may change the TOS at any time, which means that even if you agree upon the contract 1 year ago you must stop playing the game and uninstall if you do not agree with their contract.
    Also they do have the right to search their software location on your computer if you have so given them permission in the TOS.

It just depends on how they word things but I agree with most of the posts on here that its pretty bogus that they would attempt to sue you but it is possible if they would put legal bindings on location of the law suits. Which means that if you are sued you would have to take it up in their court system at your expense even if proven that innocent. Costing you money for time and travel unless you agree to appeal the judgement which is still going to cost you.

Again its all up on the wording of the TOS. And like 90% of us that play games like this the legal contracts are so long you normally just hit accept without actually reading the whole contract!!!

| | | | | | | | | |

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    hehe i got dynamic ip router worse cums 2 worse i cut router off then back on and make a new account they can suck it for all 9i care

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123