Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

im super fucked.

Court Supervision

“Formal probation” is a period of time, usually ranging from six months to five years, in which a convicted person remains under the court’s control. The conditions of probation generally include:

• reporting regularly to a supervising officer

• obeying all laws

• restrictions on where you can go

• restrictions on whom you can associate with

• drug testing

• attendance at classes, counseling, or meetings

• submission to searches without probable cause

• payment of fines and/or restitution

People who work in the legal system frequently use jargon when discussing conditions of supervision. This may involve abbreviations for stay-away orders or for types of searches to which you must submit. Make sure you get a clear explanation of the terms of supervision before you agree to it. This is one of those areas in which ignorance of the law is definitely no excuse.

If you violate one of these conditions, the judge may impose additional restrictions and/or lengthen your period of probation—she might even send you to jail or prison. Generally, the judge relies heavily on the recommendation of your probation officer, who will submit a report upon request of the judge or prosecutor. Note that probation violation hearings are very different from real trials. At such a hearing, you’re not entitled to a jury—the judge alone decides whether you’ve violated your probation. What’s more, the judge is not required to find you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, but can base the decision on a much lower standard of proof, such as “preponderance of the evidence” or “reasonable certainty.”

“Parole” is a period of supervision following release from a state prison. “Supervised release” is a period of supervision following release from federal prison. Both involve conditions and penalties of the type discussed above. If you’re charged with violating your conditions, you only get a hearing, not a jury trial. At the violation hearing, the decision maker may be a parole board, rather than a judge, but the recommendation of the supervising officer will still carry a great deal of weight.

So, if you’re under some form of supervision and you get arrested, you’ve got two problems. First, you’ve got a whole new case; second, you’re likely to face a hearing on whether you’ve violated the conditions of supervision from your previous case, by breaking the law, etc.

Now, sometimes you only suffer one penalty. For example, if you’re on probation and you get arrested, the prosecutor may not bother to file new charges against you, but may simply petition that your probation be revoked. That’s advantageous for the prosecutor, because you’re only entitled to a quick hearing rather than a full trial.

“Formal probation”1 is a period of time, usually ranging from six months to five years, in which a convicted person remains under the court’s control. The conditions of probation generally include:

• reporting regularly to a supervising officer

• obeying all laws

• restrictions on where you can go

• restrictions on whom you can associate with

• drug testing

• attendance at classes, counseling, or meetings

• submission to searches without probable cause

• payment of fines and/or restitution

People who work in the legal system frequently use jargon when discussing conditions of supervision. This may involve abbreviations for stay-away orders or for types of searches to which you must submit. Make sure you get a clear explanation of the terms of supervision before you agree to it. This is one of those areas in which ignorance of the law is definitely no excuse.

If you violate one of these conditions, the judge may impose additional restrictions and/or lengthen your period of probation—she might even send you to jail or prison. Generally, the judge relies heavily on the recommendation of your probation officer, who will submit a report upon request of the judge or prosecutor. Note that probation violation hearings are very different from real trials. At such a hearing, you’re not entitled to a jury—the judge alone decides whether you’ve violated your probation. What’s more, the judge is not required to find you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, but can base the decision on a much lower standard of proof, such as “preponderance of the evidence” or “reasonable certainty.”

“Parole” is a period of supervision following release from a state prison. “Supervised release” is a period of supervision following release from federal prison. Both involve conditions and penalties of the type discussed above. If you’re charged with violating your conditions, you only get a hearing, not a jury trial. At the violation hearing, the decision maker may be a parole board, rather than a judge, but the recommendation of the supervising officer will still carry a great deal of weight.

So, if you’re under some form of supervision and you get arrested, you’ve got two problems. First, you’ve got a whole new case; second, you’re likely to face a hearing on whether you’ve violated the conditions of supervision from your previous case, by breaking the law, etc.

Now, sometimes you only suffer one penalty. For example, if you’re on probation and you get arrested, the prosecutor may not bother to file new charges against you, but may simply petition that your probation be revoked. That’s advantageous for the prosecutor, because you’re only entitled to a quick hearing rather than a full trial.

On the other hand, you could be convicted and sentenced on the new case; and then be found in violation of your probation or parole, and sentenced for that as well. The authorities don't always bother to punish you twice, but they can.

Naturally, if you fight the new case and win, you're not likely to be found in violation of your conditions of supervision. It is possible, however, to violate a condition-such as staying away from a certain location-without violating the law. So a vindictive prosecutor or judge could still make trouble for you, even if you were acquitted of the new charges..................................If you violate one of these conditions, the judge may impose additional restrictions and/or lengthen your period of probation—she might even send you to jail or prison........................SHIT i did violate it u guy's tomoreo is my court date.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I only read the first 3 lines. And the last 6 lines. In summary, what did you do?
    Deutschland wird wieder Reign!

Ganja King
    Thank me if i helped

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Im confused, read same as zhell, I think he didnt show up for court.

Threadstarter
    You call "THiS" Fat BITCH
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhellbound View Post
    I only read the first 3 lines. And the last 6 lines. In summary, what did you do?
    well im on court supervison and i got caught shopliften agane this time a 40$.....thing. a computer mouse if u really wanna know...welll i voliated it so i think im going to jail dont know how long tho

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    STOP STEALING FUCKING MOUSES MOTHER FUCKER!
    Deutschland wird wieder Reign!

Ganja King
    Thank me if i helped

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    lol don't drop the soap.
    [IMG]https://i30.photobucke*****m/albums/c335/Joshcarr2006/tumblr_lz1nrntuZf1qdxcglo1_500_zps0388a33f.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhellbound View Post
    STOP STEALING FUCKING MOUSES MOTHER FUCKER!
    YA DATZ RITEE.

Thanks
    wut is this? NO VIDEO?

Thanks
    LMAO
    I can see it now:

I killed some crack-ass-cracka and buried him.
    What you in fo, cracka?
    "I stole a SideWinder X3 Gaming mouse "

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    ^ ROFL ok ill stop stealing mouse's

Quote Originally Posted by joshcarr2006 View Post
    lol don't drop the soap.
    fuck u......honstly u know when i come out im gone be massive like the hole time in there im gone be bored, work out duh. im gone be fucken huge when i come out

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by EndRiT View Post
    LMAO
    I can see it now:

I killed some crack-ass-cracka and buried him.
    What you in fo, cracka?
    "I stole a SideWinder X3 Gaming mouse "
    Or he can just lie about it.
    [IMG]https://i30.photobucke*****m/albums/c335/Joshcarr2006/tumblr_lz1nrntuZf1qdxcglo1_500_zps0388a33f.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    Seriously, if you go jail, you better say you did some though shit or you're gonna get raped.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by EndRiT View Post
    Seriously, if you go jail, you better say you did some though shit or you're gonna get raped.
    oh i will i tryen to make up storys right now................i know!! : EVERY ONE POST A I WENT TO JAIL STORY LIKE A FAKE ONE SO I DONT GET ASS RAPED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    What are you here for? alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    i'll miss you

/nh

xD

I am the God.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast