Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

CPU Jumping to 100%

hey guys, lately i noticed that when i run my PC the CPU metter jumps to 100% instantly, and when i open task manager it drops down to normal,

Can you guys tell me what wrong?
    Is there a virus or something?

The CPU I have is : Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm.
    so i dont think it would ever jump to 100% even if im running a high-end game or program in the background.

Thanks for your help
    <------What Are You Looking At???

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by dadowns View Post
    hey guys, lately i noticed that when i run my PC the CPU metter jumps to 100% instantly, and when i open task manager it drops down to normal,

Can you guys tell me what wrong?
    Is there a virus or something?

The CPU I have is : Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm.
    so i dont think it would ever jump to 100% even if im running a high-end game or program in the background.

Thanks for your help
    That's not exactly a lot of information to isolate an issue. Here's some steps I would take if it is indeed a software issue:

• Run the computer in safe mode. See if the problem persists by trying to recreate the cpu spike within safe mode. Chances are that if the CPU does spike while in safe mode that you have a hardware problem. If it does not spike, it is most likely a virus or software issue.

For software issues:
    • Get an antivirus scanner such as MalwareBytes. Run the full system scan and remove anything unwanted.
    • Use the hotkey WIN+R to open the run dialog. Type "msconfig" without quotes in the text box and then click OK on the dialog. First, click the "startup" tab and disable any programs which you do not need to run on Windows startup. (Be careful not to disable anything important... Google any items if you are unsure if it should be disabled). Then click the "services" tab and check "Hide all Microsoft Services" at the bottom of the window. Proceed to disable any unneeded startup services just like you have done on the "startup" tab. Click Apply and then OK on the window. (It may prompt you to restart your machine).
    • Once again, use WIN+R to open the run dialog. Open "regedit" with administrative access. Browse to these locations within RegEdit and tell me if you see any keys other than the default standard ones:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\RunOnce
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunOnce

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Agreed with the above steps and also do a registry clean. CCleaner is highly recommended and/or Advanced Systemcare works perfectly. I use these two programs and do not have this issue anymore.
    NOTICE: If you feel my post has helped you, please provide a Thanks to show your support.

Thanks
    Do some anti-viruses scan with Avira and Malwarebytes (My Favorites). You can also try to do some cleaning up, using CCleaner and Defraggler to defragment your computer; it could also be a hardware issue.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I have this too , when i play fifa 13 or any other game , it just runs perfectly and all of a sudden cpu is 100% and all u see is teleporting players
    Please help
    You could always press Thanks

[IMG]https://i1281.photobucke*****m/albums/a517/baselm/fkyou_zps7998068a.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1281.photobucke*****m/albums/a517/baselm/best_zps79fc9852.gif[/IMG]