Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Looking for editors for the AvA wiki

What is a Editor?

A Editor is a person who is well spoken in English and has the time to write and contribute to the AvA Wiki.

The requirements to be a Editor are:

Must have an strong interest and be extremely knowledgeable in AvA.
    Must be able to word one's self and write well written English (all of the content must be written, none of it can be copy pasted).
    Must have a significant amount of time to contribute and maintain the wiki.

Responsibilities of a Editor are:

Write and organize content.
    Moderate and edit user submitted pages and content.
    Ensure that the game news and other user submitted content gets to the frontpage.
    Work with other editors to ensure that the wiki is up to date.
    Take screenshots, find pictures, structure and format user content.
    Actively participate in the development of the wiki, inactivity will not be accepted.

Benefits

[MPGH] Infront of your name & name color
    User-tag

Application Format:

Name:
    Reasons you should get this position:
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki:

Other Information

There are a limited number of positions, as of right now we have 3-5 spots open and we need only knowledgeable people who have a decent amount of time to build up the wiki and keep it up to date. You may start contributing to the wikis, and we encourage you to do so. Support will play no part in selection process.

If you have any questions you can ask @Lehsyrus or me

APPLICATIONS ONLY!

All other posts will result in a ban.
    Do not solicit people for support, doing so will result in your application being deleted + ban.

Last edited by Prepix; 12-28-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks
    I'm incredibly anal about people getting ava-based information wrong, so this interests me greatly. However, I'm not sure how Call of Duty knowledge comes in to this? But being a tech journalist etc, I can surely learn all there is to know about CoD in a matter of days.

Name: John/Slunky/Tekapeel
    Available: College from 6-6:30 ish, can still check up and update during the day. Since I spend most of my free time writing my articles and playing AVA, this will be a welcome diversion.

Reasons: I hate it when people are ignorant on the various finer aspects of AVA; also, I'm not sure if you can tell by my posts, I have fairly high standards for the grammar of myself and those around me (I'm a traditional Englishman, what did you expect?). Spend a massive chunk of my time on AVA and regularly contribute to the existing wiki.

What I wan't to do with it?: I constantly find myself cut short on information regarding guns, particularly newer ones and cap guns, when reading the wiki; so I would like for the precision and depth of information to increase. I would also strongly suggest getting an experienced programmer on team, someone who could decompile various bits of the code and therein find out how specific aspects of the game work. For example, it would be interesting to have the displayed and actual stats of a gun as they appear in the game code (like in the F2K where the sharpshooter barrel adds ROF rather than deducting it, or the cz75 where the damage is obviously lower than advertised).

Thank you very much for your consideration, have a wonderful new years chaps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tekapeel For This Useful Post:

that's (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Meet all requirements
    Application format :
    Name : Kabuto Chan
    Time available : 2.30pm/4.30pm - 11.00pm
    Reasons I should get this position : 1st I'm major in english 2nd I've experience for 6 years of gaming and I work as a computer game designer like , weapons/bombs/character and their suits have 3 years experience of C++ and Visual Basic .
    All this knowledge of mine might be able to help the A.V.A Section to grow better , securing it.

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: There is no wiki on A.V.A yet ... so I'm willing to build it from the scratch . I'm very very familiar with A.V.A . I've been playing it for 3 years
    All the weapons characters ...I know is up to date . I'm also quite active too !

If we have personal misunderstanding because I'm a former CS , I'd hope you'd put that aside and give a fair decision .
    Good luck to the others too . @Prepix please view this thread
    Last edited by Arcton; 12-28-2012 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Placed Q/A In colour so application would not be so confusing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arcton For This Useful Post:

3D (01-23-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

Red face

Name: shay sadina
    Time available: all the days
    Reasons you should get this position:because i know mpgh like 1 year and i have experience be editor i really like to take part from the wiki
    i know ava 2 years and mpgh 1 year and i know stuff in that job
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: i want to updayte the wiki and be editor there i know a lot of stuff in ava i really like to share the things i know

hope u choose me
    Last edited by X~BlacK~X; 12-28-2012 at 07:36 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to X~BlacK~X For This Useful Post:

GMS... (01-16-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Name: Thomas Huff
    Time available: Mon-Thurs 1pm-12am Fri-Sun All day
    Reasons you should get this position: english is my first language been playing ava for a long time. i keep up to date on ava events and upcoming updates and what they have planned i watch mpgh and aeria forums. I have a lot of time and wanna give back to mpgh and think i could really help out on the wiki.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: i havent done anything on the wiki yet but i plan to try to help out with the other editors to try and keep it up to date as possible i understand that everyone can't be on 24/7 but can sure try to be on as much as possible to help out.

Thanks
    Name: Shane

Time available: Whenever I'm awake.

Reasons you should get this position: I am very knowledgeable about AVA from my 2 years and 7 months of experience also I'm capable of speaking and writing English properly as demonstrated in this post.

What do you plan to do on the wiki: Keep the wiki up to date with correct information and add extra information that is not correctly displayed in the game.

Thanks
    Recruitment is OPEN

We need dedicated members to take care of the Wiki. We need you to properly organize it, write articles, and keep it up-to-date.

IN YOUR APPLICATION, BE SURE TO USE PROPER GRAMMATICAL STRUCTURE AND PUNCTUATION. YOU WILL BE PRE-EVALUATED BY YOUR APPLICATION.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

3D (01-23-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Name:
    Irl=Justin
    Ingame= (Varies)

Time available:
    Any time after 3pm Central Standard Time on weekdays, and anytime on weekends.

Reasons you should get this position:
    I have been looking for a good reason to look deeper into AVA. It would be fun to find things that no one knew previously.

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki:
    I can list glitches and most weapon mods off the top of my head, but if needed it can organize it into a wiki article. This would be a good reason for me to make some spiffy videos about guns and map strategies.

My Questions:
    - Is this a wiki listing facts about the MPGH side of AVA or the entire game?
    - How quickly are we required to gather information per week for the wiki?
    - Would we be able to keep the position if we go offline for more than a few days at a time, with notice?
    - Is this going on in all the sections or is it just an AVA Minion project?
    Last edited by <Username>; 01-05-2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Fancifying

13. The Following User Says Thank You to <Username> For This Useful Post:

Maxedout (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Name: Max
    Time available: 3-4 hours on weekdays, 4-6 if not more on weekends
    Reasons you should get this position: I feel that I know enough about AVA to contribute well to the wiki. I have played AVA for a year and a half if not more. Although I currently do not play, I still remember the game. My english is very good, and I think my grammar is pretty good aswell.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: Well I haven't done anything to the wiki yet. If I get chosen for the trial period, I will keep the wiki up to date on current information. I will also add information about guns, maps, and any information that needs to be added about AVA. Thank you and good luck to everyone else.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Yes, Dave does host the site himself. I haven't picked anyone just yet, we need to see more interest first, but standby.
    Name: shay sadina
    Time available: all the days
    Reasons you should get this position:because i know mpgh like 1 year and i have experience be editor i really like to take part from the wiki
    i know ava 2 years and mpgh 1 year and i know stuff in that job
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: i want to updayte the wiki and be editor there i know a lot of stuff in ava i really like to share the things i know

X~BlacK~X

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Name: Francisco

Time available: Sometimes, because of school

Reasons you should get this position: First of all, i love editing and creating stuff and wiki is like a challange for me, where i will have proud of do what i like and what others like

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I tryed creat an ava wiki but im not good and i need help, with this i can get other people help and learn new stuff, on MPGH ava wiki i pretend be the job they give to me, example: Designer, Writer, and others.

Thanks
    This thread is only for applications and nothing else, if you have questions go PM/VM me or Lehsyrus.

Thanks
    Seems like my reply was deleted because i didn't follow the sheet, so there we go.

Name: Iván
    Time available: From 8:00 to 22:00 GMT+1 (Spain time)
    Reasons you should get this position: I've been working with some wiki content manager systems like Dokuwiki, mediawiki and tikiwiki, and I'm active in all that A.V.A World is in.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: Well, I don't know certainly, If i get the place, I'll be not the only one working, but I think an A.V.A history (Since Ijji), special events of all times, news, updates. Basically, reporting all the news about AVA. That includes Updates, Events, news on hacks, and a long etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Name: Amer Asyraf
    Time available: From 8:00 to 20:00
    Reasons you should get this position: I have dreaming about Editor 1 years ago , maybe this is my Chance to get it , I have 1 years experience on Edit Like Photoshop , Scripting HTML , Taking photos . Most probably I spent Much time On Edit section For user . Te thing new that i can is learn Is Updating AvA Wiki news , Event , Hacks , Program and others .
    Thank you .

Thanks
    Name: David

Time available: From 8AM - 9PM

Reasons you should get this position: This is my chance to help out the AVA community. I have had a lot of experience with AVA. I myself have played AvA for a very long time (Since ijji Beta). I know how AvA works and with my skills at organizing and writing I am sure I can expand the Wiki to be its full potential.

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: As I have said, I have been playing AvA for a very long time. I know how it runs and what the game is about. Currently, I am running 3 versions of AvA. KAVA, JAVA, and Aeria AVA. This allows me to update the information and add future releases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast