Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Post Looking for Editors for the CoD Wiki

What is a Editor?

A Editor is a person who is well spoken in English and has the time to write and contribute to the Call of Duty Wiki.

The requirements to be a Editor are:

Must have an strong interest and be extremely knowledgeable in Call of Duty.
    Must be able to word one's self and write well written English (all of the content must be written, none of it can be copy pasted).
    Must have a significant amount of time to contribute and maintain the wiki.

Responsibilities of a Editor are:

Write and organize content.
    Moderate and edit user submitted pages and content.
    Ensure that the game news and other user submitted content gets to the frontpage.
    Work with other editors to ensure that the wiki is up to date.
    Take screenshots, find pictures, structure and format user content.
    Actively participate in the development of the wiki, inactivity will not be accepted.

Benefits

[MPGH] Infront of your name & name color
    User-tag

Application Format:

Name:
    Wiki Name: (So I know who you are)
    CoD Games you have:
    Reasons you should get this position:
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki:

Other Information

There are a limited number of positions, as of right now we have 8 spots open and we need only knowledgeable people who have a decent amount of time to build up the wiki and keep it up to date. You may start contributing to the wikis, and we encourage you to do so. Support will play no part in selection process.

READ: Formats - Call of Duty Wiki

Editor of the Month

If you work hard, and the quality of your work is good. You will be considered as an potential: Editor of the Month.
    NOTE: Everyone(beside Managers) who works on the wiki, will be able to become: Editor of the Month!

Benefits:
    Special tag + colored name

-Manager-
    Skype: jorndel.mpgh (You have to include your MPGH name in the request!)
    MSN/Mail: jorndel@live.no

APPLICATIONS ONLY!

All other posts will result in a ban.
    Do not solicit people for support, doing so will result in your application being deleted + ban.

Last edited by Jorndel; 01-27-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Contributor 01.27.2012 - N/A
    Donator 07-17-2012 - Current
    Editor/Manager 12-16-12 - N/A
    Minion 01-10-2013 - 07.17.13
    Former Staff 09-20-2012 - 01-10-2013 / 07-17-2013 - Current
    Cocksucker 20-04-2013 - N/A

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jorndel For This Useful Post:

Arcton (01-20-2013),felipe4334 (06-09-2013),Royce (01-22-2013),Unbalanced (06-06-2013)

殺す必要がある唯一のものは殺されるために準備され人 々である。
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Name: Mason Daniel

Time available: 5-7 hours weekdays 8-9 hours weekends

CoD Games you have: Black ops 2 and World at War. Had Mw3 but got banned planning to buy a new one soon.

Reasons you should get this position: I know a lot about call of duty i have played most of their games so i understand a lot of them. I have good English and grammar. I have some trouble with spelling huge words but otherwise i am fine. I am honest and loyal to my authority and if i mess up on the wiki i will take full credit and make sure it gets corrected. I don't have any after school sports so when i come home i can come straight to working on the wiki and when I'm not playing black ops 2 i will always be on the wiki. I don't play a lot of black ops 2 so i will mainly be on the wiki. I am very mature at my age and I am always on MPGH going around trying to help people.

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I plan to add more pictures to it because i see a lot of empty space. I have noticed a few grammar errors but not a lot. I plan to make it easier for people to get to what their looking for. I have noticed some of the pages aren't complete like the World at War primary weapons. I would like to help complete that. I also noticed under the camo section hidden this "Get all the skin for a class that you want." that is how to get it but at the same time it isn't. To get diamond camo you must unlock gold for every assault weapon or every smg or pistol etc etc. I don't think that was a good way to word it. I plan to make it the best wiki as possible and to bring a lot of people to it.

Contact Information:
    Skype username: irish.vertigo
    Steam username: irishvertigo
    Last edited by Hitokiri~; 01-17-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Added information that i forgot

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hitokiri~ For This Useful Post:

AlliX (01-17-2013),Arcton (01-20-2013),iMexi (01-17-2013),Jorndel (01-17-2013),Royce (01-22-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Name: Patrik Sandby

Time available: 4-6 hours

CoD Games you have:
    Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Reasons you should get this position: I know a lot about CoD, i spend much time playing those games, i can write good enough English. i love to help, that is one of the reasons i am here at MPGH!

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: add more pictures, I want to make it easier for people to understand the wiki/ try not to use to complicated words. Try to fix some grammar issues. i will ALSO try the best i can to get more popularity for the Wiki. I will also try to make some wiki "tutorials" if you know what i mean. i am a serious person i wont f**k up the wiki!

Thanks
    Name: Mexim

Time available: about 1-2hours a day

CoD Games you have: Call of Duty: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Reasons you should get this position: I'm a CoD maniac (atleast in the games I own), my english is pretty decent, I've been a trail editor for a while now.

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: +/- completed BoII zombies. Working on campaign now. Corrected spelling errors, etc..
    I plan on completing the campaign and finish my assignments.

Sory @Jorndel, just wanted to apply cause it's funny

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iMexi For This Useful Post:

AlliX (01-17-2013),Arcton (01-25-2013),Jorndel (01-18-2013),Royce (01-22-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Name : Kabuto chan
    Time available : 2.30/4.30pm - 10.00pm GMT+8
    Cod Game you have : Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 , Call of Duty Black Ops 2
    Reasons you should get this position: Have a passion in writing , ACTIVE !!! Played Cod almost 2 years Major in english , Would like to get lighter assignments so it would be done with GOOD quality
    So luck all and thanks for creating this thread Btw , just informing , i already have an acc : "Realityz" for da wiki can i use that or should i create another1
    And i have contributed to the wiki User : Realityz
    Last edited by Arcton; 01-18-2013 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Contributed to wiki

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Name: Wei
    Time available: 4 - 8.30pm GMT+8
    COD Game i have: MW3, MW2, BO and BOII
    Reasons why i should get this post: I was a trail editor and was quite active till i had some family problems thus no being able to contribute. I have added quite alot of infos in the wiki in the name of 'Badboii1able' .
    46segma

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Suicide For This Useful Post:

iMexi (01-18-2013),Royce (01-22-2013)

Thanks
    Name: Mike A.

Wiki Name: DidUknowiPwn

Time available: From about 4PM PST to ~10PM PST.

CoD Games you have: CoD 4, CoD 5, MW2, BO(Got banned on that mass ban wave on PS3), MW3, and BO2.

Reasons you should get this position: Well seeing as I know English which is part of the requirement that should at least help me out there. I'm Tech Support for 4D1 so I'm not an idiot coming to the games (MW2 and MW3). I'm well known for helping people and I do usually play the games thoroughly. I also know a current staff member from MPGH, master131, he can probably vouch for me since I do spam him a lot for some questions/concerns on some stuff. Overall... I'm semi-active (haven't been active on MPGH because of the other 3 forums I watch over), I tend to not write a lot here, I know all about current CoD's, and well I am a "programmer" (Note: I'm still a scrub at it so yeah).

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I'm a little experienced in GSC as me and about 6 other guys created a new version of QCZM that was a huge update from it's original state and I couldn't have done it with any of them. I used old code from kokole who created a Background Changer Tool for MW2 but I updated to support more iwi's and some bug fixes. I am also working on 5 WAW Zombie Maps (should be released soon, after I get my personal one finished. Currently there are 2 creators me and zombiefan but he's created 3 already and I was put on the project about 2 weeks ago). What I plan to do? Now that is tough to answer... as I have never been part of wiki before, I'm more of a... forums guy... but hey I can always learn new things can't I? I'm sure I would just moderator the wiki as I do with other forums, as it should be similar as far as I know.

P.S.:
    P.P.S.: If I don't get accepted oh well, will try better "next" time.
    Last edited by DidUknowiPwn; 01-18-2013 at 09:02 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DidUknowiPwn For This Useful Post:

AlliX (01-18-2013),Royce (01-22-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Breaking News

Editor of the Month have been added!
    Everyone (beside Managers) are able to become one.

ONLY 1 person is able to become EoM, over all the Wikis we have.

New Trial Editor
    @ @irishman101

Congratulation, keep up the work, and you might be promoted to Editor.

Everyone else, it's never to late to apply for Trial Editor!
    Keep in mind: You have to contribute to the wiki BEFORE you will be considered as an potential Trial Editor!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jorndel For This Useful Post:

Arcton (01-22-2013),Royce (01-22-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    We're still looking for new Trial Editors

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Name: Redji Leemans
    Wiki Name: Rewsker
    Time available: 4 to 5 hours a day
    CoD Games you have: Black ops 2 (will purchase all the next generation Cod games)
    Reasons you should get this position: i speak fluently english i have lot's of free time so i can search things for the wiki
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: My plan is to keep the wiki up to date. And i'm extremely active on MPGH and so am I going to be on the wiki (If i get it )
    Last edited by LittleMo; 04-27-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    Let The Bass Kick !
    Let The Bass Kick !

My Goals

10 posts
    20 posts
    30 posts
    40 posts
    50 posts
    60 posts
    70 posts
    80 posts
    90 posts
    100 posts
    150 posts
    200 posts
    250 posts
    300 posts
    350 posts
    400 posts
    450 posts
    500 posts
    1000 posts

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleMo For This Useful Post:

Jorndel (04-27-2013)

Thanks
    Name: Jonathan
    Wiki username: FallenKnight666
    Time available: Any time after class ends, which is usually at 5 or 6 pm PST
    COD Games i own: COD4, COD W@W, COD MW2, COD Black Ops, COD MW3, COD Black Ops 2
    Reasons i should get the position: I speak english perfectly. I am up to date with COD related news.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I just joined the wiki but i plan to keep the wiki up to date post info on the new COD game released every year.
    Contact Info: Skype- Fallenjoker666
    Hope you consider my application

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Name: Mike
    Time Available:Any time from 4:00 pm to 12:00 pm. Weekends and summer would be unlimited.
    Code Games Owned:World At War,MW2,MW3,BO1,BO2
    Reason For Selection:I'm kind and loyal. I carefully read the info then judge. I'm a gamer and I like helping people.
    What I did , What I Plan- I plan on writing the right facts and proved facts. I know alot of information about COD and it's company.
    Contact Info-xxmuhaxx12

Hope you read this and consider me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Name: Luke Stanton
    Wiki Name: Baseballking
    Time available: 5-6 hours
    CoD Games you have: Black Ops 1 & 2, and Modern Warfare 2 & 3
    Reasons you should get this position: I have contributed greatly to both MPGH and the CoD Wiki. I believe I would be a great asset to the team. If you gave me a Trial Run, I know I wouldn't let you down. I've played Black Ops 2 since the day it was released, and played CoD overall since 2008. The majority of my English marks are in the 90s, and the rest in the 80s.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I've edited the Black Ops 2 section of the wiki a vast number of times, as well as the Modern Warfare 3 section.

Member Since February 6th, 2013
    Donator Since November 2nd, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Name: Felipe Lopez
    Wiki Name: Felipe4334
    Time available: I am available from 11am to 12pm, basically all day
    CoD Games you have: I have all of them, (Black ops ll, Black ops l, Modern warfare 3, Modern warfare 2 and more)
    Reasons you should get this position: I should get this position because I am a very dedicated guy and also because i would like to help MPGH anyway i can.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I am a very active guy I expend a lot of time on this forum and most of the time is helping people. If I get selected i would always maintain the wiki up-to-date and going the tasks that I'm signed.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity and thanks for reading my application

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Name:
    Wiki Name: User is BF3ExtremeGenetics , real name is Lucas Martinez
    Time available: 12-14 hours each day , since school's out
    CoD Games you have: COD 1 , COD Black Ops , Cod 4 , COD MW2 , COD MW3 , Cod Black Ops , COD World at War
    Reasons you should get this position: Because i will work hard and do my best , i will do everything i can to fix the wiki , add new stuff and aid gamers allover the world who play COD
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I am active , i spend a lot of time on the forum and i always wished i would become an editor one day , i will keep the wiki up to date and do the tasks given to me IF i am signed.

thank you for taking the time to read my application , and i hope you sign me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast