Doubtful
    Head over to /r/Atheism

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTroubles View Post
    No.
    Think about it..
    If this religion has been created just to make profit... Why would you still believe in God?
    They build their whole existences upon religion, so if the foundation is destroyed, everything collapses
    Basically the most indoctrinated ones go into insanity once they realized they've been proven that religion is bs
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTroubles View Post

No.
    Think about it..

If this religion has been created just to make profit... Why would you still believe in God?
    You are still being naive. This religion has not been created simply for profit. Each of the Abrahamic scrolls that make up the bible were found thousands of miles apart with carbon dating that puts them written in different Era's. If one person did create them for profit, then this would not be the case. You are still looking at the few of the religion who use it and are judging the entirety of it. You can only do this with Mormonism, and Islam.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Basically religious people who are in said examples don't actually need religion to do such things.

Thanks
    I respect all faiths equally. One cannot truly rule out another persons faith 100% so everyone that is arguing here is wasting time. It's not like anyone who has their mind set is going to change anyways. If anyone is slightly intelligent here then they would just ask for this section to be removed, because the only thing coming from this section is butt-hurt not intelligence.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    I respect all faiths equally. One cannot truly rule out another persons faith 100% so everyone that is arguing here is wasting time. It's not like anyone who has their mind set is going to change anyways. If anyone is slightly intelligent here then they would just ask for this section to be removed, because the only thing coming from this section is butt-hurt not intelligence.
    One can rule out faith as a whole. Whether or not god exist has nothing to do with whether or not religion is rational.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Islam. A twisted version of Judaism created by a single man and historically written thirty years after that mans death. The man who created it also contradicted his own sayings multiple times and was a pedophile. Done.

Thanks

Islam. A twisted version of Judaism created by a single man and historically written thirty years after that mans death. The man who created it also contradicted his own sayings multiple times and was a pedophile. Done.
    Fallacy fallacy .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Fallacy fallacy .
    I simply despise Islam moreso than an other religion. Ad I like Buddhists so I can't really attack religion as a whole here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I simply despise Islam more so than an other religion. And I like Buddhists so I can't really attack religion as a whole here.
    Imo Buddhism and similar are Eastern philosophy rather than Eastern religion
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Thanks

I simply despise Islam moreso than an other religion. Ad I like Buddhists so I can't really attack religion as a whole here.
    Don't be ridiculous. Buddhism isn't any better than any other religion. Only around 6% of the world is Buddhist, 20% or so is Islam and around 33% is Christian. The sample size is simply smaller. Like every other religion, Buddhism is irrational. The ultimate goal of Buddhism is to reach Nirvana. You reach nirvana by eliminating desires. Desires are built into humanity. The desire to reproduce, to eat, to understand. Once you stop desiring things, you're worthless. And probably dead. A more in depth explanation of how to reach Nirvana is the 8 fold path which is insane as well. In a nut shell, the 8 fold path is do good and don't do evil. The idea of good and evil itself is simply absurd as well. Good and evil aren't just relative or complicated, it's simply non-sense. Thus the entire concept of Buddhism is built on a flawed observation. Sure you can overlook all of that and like Buddhism, but liking Buddhism would imply you think it's more right/better than other religions. Buddhist have done a ton of shitty things too. They supported the Japanese in World War 2 other than one school, the support of the Sri Lankan government 30 years ago which committed war crimes, the Dalai Lamas attempt to create a theocracy in Tibet, the Dalai Lama's support of self mutilation(monks setting themselves on fire, terrorism in Thailand, Sarin Gas being released in Japan. And Buddhism isn't all philosophical and shit either. The list goes on and on. So no Buddhism isn't anymore worthwhile than any other religion. Religion as a whole is irrational. Religion tries to impose truths based on assumptions. When faced with the meaninglessness of the world, you have to find your own meaning in life. Meaning in your life can be as insane as religion but as a rational person you should find meaning in truths based on observations. The only truth that is available to us readily via observation is that the world is an illusion. We can either submit to it or we can transcend and recognize a greater truth. That nothing is true and everything is permitted. To say that nothing is true is to understand that society is an illusion that we are part of and we must be the ones whom shape it. To say everything is permitted is to understand that we must live with the actions we performed. This truth doesn't mean we are free to do what ever we want, simply to be wise about our actions. That they must be based on reason not a divine truth.

fyi: last part might or might not be bull shit. It's based on Assassin's creed, but I really don't see any flaw in it so...

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

Imo Buddhism and similar are Eastern philosophy rather than Eastern religion
    And what eastern philosophy is Buddhism similar too
    Last edited by noob555; 02-16-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    And what eastern philosophy is Buddhism similar too
    Nvm what I said lol

Thanks
    @Noob555 No no no I didn't mean their religion, I mean their individual personalities. Well from the ones I have met at least, they're chill, and I enjoy that compared the Muslims radical behavior.

Thanks
    @Noob555 No no no I didn't mean their religion, I mean their individual personalities. Well from the ones I have met at least, they're chill, and I enjoy that compared the Muslims radical behavior.
    That's a composition/division fallacy..
    That would be like me only knowing decent Muslims and concluding that all Muslims were decent.

Thanks
    That's a composition/division fallacy..
    That would be like me only knowing decent Muslims and concluding that all Muslims were decent.
    I tend to be a stereotypical bastard, I will admit that. Every Muslim I have met and/or have spoken to have been immature, moronic jackasses so I do tend to lump them together in the same bag. Then again that includes Muslims that live in other countries as well, which doesn't help my mindset on the situation.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast