I have coded a proxsocket to fake the number of players on a Source/GoldSrc server and it's universal for all valve games. The program will modify the outgoing query info to show a list of fake players when you rightclick on the server and press view server info. And if you look in your favorites tab or history it will show 30/32 players like it's supposed to.

The problem is that the server still says 0/32 in the actual 'Online' public server browser. Sometimes it will randomly work for about 5 seconds and then the server will just disappear from the list completely until I restart it.

I've been stumped on this for the last week, and I figured it was some kind of protection on CSS/DODS so I tried it on CS 1.6, since there's literally thousands of fake servers on there showing fake players and crap. And the same problem happened. It worked the first time for 5 seconds, then 0/32.

What I don't understand is the packets being sent out are actually sending 30/32 because I've checked with 2 other packet loggers. I'm thinking there's something hidden in the heartbeat to the master server itself that contains the players or something.

Can someone please help me with this? I can send you the source code to it. It's coded in C.

Thanks so much! I am just simply trying to get my server popular again. I once had a DODS server and CSS server that were full 32/32 to the brim for years and then suddenly died out