Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Marijuana should NEVER be legal

Children who use marijuana before age 12 are twice as likely to later develop serious mental illness as those who don't try the drug until they're 18, according to a federal report released Tuesday.
    Bush administration officials pointed to the study as growing evidence that smoking marijuana may cause mental illnesses -- including depression, schizophrenia, and suicide attempts -- in some people.
    But while the association of drug abuse and addiction with mental illness is well known, a causal connection between marijuana smoking and psychiatric disorders is not clear, other experts say.

In Tuesday's study, 21% of people who reported first using marijuana before age 12 also reported that they later went on to develop signs or symptoms of a serious mental illness. Those who said they used the drug only after age 18 had a 10.5% chance of reporting similar problems.
    The study was based on federal drug use data culled in 2002 and 2003. Other past studies publicized by federal officials Tuesday also point to a connection between marijuana use and the development of mental problems later on.
    "New research being conducted here and abroad illustrates that marijuana use, particularly during the teen years, can lead to depression, thoughts of suicide, and schizophrenia," said White House Drug Czar John P. Walters. "This press conference is a public health warning."

Another study highlighted by officials, published in 2001, suggested that people who were not depressed but used marijuana were four times more likely to develop depression years later than those who never used the drug.
    Researchers have long observed a connection between drug use and mental illness. Many studies show the simultaneous occurrence of mental illness and substance abuse. People with mental illnesses are also known to use drugs to lessen their symptoms, a phenomenon psychiatrists refer to as "self-medicating."
    But federal officials and some researchers say evidence is accumulating that shows that marijuana can actually cause serious mental illnesses in otherwise well people.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), depression, anxiety, and personality disturbances have been associated with marijuana use. However, the NIDA says it is not known whether marijuana use is an attempt to self-medicate an already existing mental health problem, or whether marijuana use leads to mental disorders (or both).
    "The evidence is collectively indicating that there is a causal connection," says Neil McKeganey, PhD, professor of drug misuse at the University of Glasgow in Scotland.
    McKeganey notes that scientists have not yet uncovered evidence linking marijuana use to the brain changes routinely seen in people who suffer from mental illness. "If we wait until we understand that mechanism, we will lose thousands of young people," he says.

But Paul P. Casadonte, MD, a psychiatrist and associate clinical professor at New York University, cautions in an interview that research is not yet strong enough to show a causal link between marijuana use and serious mental disorders. He suggests that such claims by Walters and other administration officials were intended to further the Bush administration's efforts to quell young peoples' marijuana use.

Also, what you guys don't realize is that Marijuana is not a gateway drug in the Government's eyes. In said eyes the Government considers Marijuana to be a level 1 drug in the Controlled substances act. Amphetamines like meth are a Level 2 drug. Level 2 is LOWER than level 1. Why? Because Marijuana was used in the late 50s ,60s and 70s by "Hippies" Previous to this marijuana was REQUIRED to be grown on a subsistence farm, The reason is that Hemp actually increases the strength of farm crops.(https://www.globalhemp.com/2001/01/he...n_253348.html) Hemp is also used heavily in Indian culture as a medical plant. Why should it be illegal in your eyes?

Studies have shown that marijuana has caused the majority of lethal car crashes, and the substance is highly addictive. 95% of people who use marijuana will move on to hard core drugs like PCP, meth, crack cocaine..etc
    It causes lung cancer, promotes domestic violence, lose of brain cells, gateway drug, and many more harmful factors, and these stupid pot heads still think its nothing bad

Marijuana does not cause lung cancer. The tar inside of it does, which is a result of smoking anything and breathing it in. There are ways of stopping this by not breathing it. Domestic violence by Marijuana? Loss of brain cells has been disproved. ( Solved: Why pot smoking causes memory loss - CBS News )
    "Stupid pot heads" marijuana: History of Marijuana Use — Infoplease.com

Thanks
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU'RE A MORONIC DUMBASS THIS WAS FROM 2001, IT'S BEEN TWELVE FUCKING YEARS AND ALL OF THOSE CLAUSES HAVE BEEN DISPROVEN DEAR FUCKING MOTHER OF GOD.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

aeronyx (04-21-2013),Ashpoops (04-12-2013),GlowingStone (02-03-2013),LordPankake (06-24-2013),HalfBajan (05-30-2013),scotbud123 (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU'RE A MORONIC DUMBASS THIS WAS FROM 2001, IT'S BEEN TWELVE FUCKING YEARS AND ALL OF THOSE CLAUSES HAVE BEEN DISPROVEN DEAR FUCKING MOTHER OF GOD.
    Do take note that he's the ignorant flat Earth-er
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm almost positive this kid is a troll.

Your new nickname is Jimmy Rustle
    Last edited by Ethereal; 01-26-2013 at 11:19 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

aeronyx (04-21-2013),HalfBajan (05-30-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Not sure if serious.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    If cigarettes are legal, why shouldn't Marijuana be legal?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by LimitedTM View Post
    If cigarettes are legal, why shouldn't Marijuana be legal?
    Because cig companies and cartels will lose $
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    I mean, I've been burnin weed for 2 years now, and I'm 15.
    Still livin strong
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

Do take note that he's the ignorant flat Earth-er
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I'm almost positive this kid is a troll.

Your new nickname is Jimmy Rustle
    I'm an angry motherfucker Once I'm off probation though...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by jam5796 View Post
    Marijuana does not cause lung cancer. The tar inside of it does, which is a result of smoking anything and breathing it in.
    lmfao.....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Well I should start smoking a pack of cigs a day now. Doctors in 1945 said it's good for you.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I'm an angry motherfucker Once I'm off probation though...
    Worthy of going head against Arun's rage monkey?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Other drugs

It should be legal in the UK (United Kingdom)

I am ex forces and was put on an old fashioned anti-depressent sleeper called "Amitriptyline" (Tryptomer, Elavil, Tryptizol, Laroxyl, Saroten, Sarotex, Lentizol, Endep) is a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA). It is the most widely used TCA and has at least equal efficacy against depression as the newer class of SSRIs according to a study from early 2001.[1] As well as reducing depressive symptoms, these types of tricyclics also ease migraines, tension headaches, anxiety attacks and some schizophrenic symptoms. It is also known to reduce aggression and violent behaviour.

After many years, and about 2 years ago, an old Jamaican guy (my mates uncle) gave me some weed to smoke, to go to bed on, and when stressed. I tried it and it worked. Last summer i came off the tablets I had been taking for about 7 years on my own plan, and now just smoke about a spliffs worth each day. I only buy clean and fresh grown, or Yardie weed, and don't smoke that sprayed up skunk shit.

I run my own business and am a very happpy bunny these days, drive a M3 BMW and own my own house.................And i'm fucked up?

And i've tried all drugs except 2. One is a UK no no, and the other is a US drug not really available over here......... They all suck and fuck you up...........DONT DO THEM
    Last edited by Riddick; 01-29-2013 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Another thing!!!!!!!!

Hardstyle is more than music, it's a way of life.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Oh mother of god i love the Netherlands.

Windows 8 Users Group Click Here:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Hey,

This is sooo boring.. I can't even stand what he wrote!

Yes you can have some "mental problems" if you smoke to much to young..
    But do you know many people that smoke weed at 12years old? I didn't even know what it really was..

Now i'm 15, almost 16 and it has been one and a half year that i smoke weed.
    Before i smoked only a few joints, and very much cigarettes (around 30/40 a day) but had health problems because of the things they put in tobacco.
    I had to take meddics all day for 3weeks but i've beatten the illness and reduced my tobacco consomation a lot.
    After that i started to really smoke weed (since i moved from the town i always knew, lost all the people i always loved and still love,
    my girlfriend i loved for 4years, the guy that is like a brother to me, etc...). My life went down i needed something, and in that green flowers i found it.
    No, i didn't some like all the other kids, to be cool and to seem older infront of the girls and my friends. That was on the beginning..
    Then it was the way to forget my pain, to stand my life (i had a very strange and hard life..) and stop all that depression i was having.
    It worked but i needed and still need more.
    I'm an addicted but it isn't like cigarette addiction..
    I can live with that addiction that makes me smoke around 3 to 10 joints a day when i have weed (very frequently..) .

Yes i'm 16 years old.. And no i'm not stupid because of that!
    It made me more mature than the other people of my age (here in france..) and changed my way of seeing life.
    It costed me motivation, concentration and activity but i got so much in return!
    I'm so happy not to be like theese unmature bastard i have in my class..

So YES it has negative effects, but if you smoke it the good way, with the good toughts in mind,
    weed's natural defences are the grates way to waken the human soul.

Good day..

Riddick
    zZzeta/S
    AVA PlaYe
    Chrome Boy
    SteelSkinz
    ccman32
    Jabberwo0k
    Akinator
    Comanderr
    [D]opeDog
    Prepix