Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Homework assignment

Well in class tomorrow I have a debate on censorship and the banning of books in schools etc. I have to come up with an opening statement and then argue with some bitch about censorship.

This is my opening statement so far(I might add a quote from arunforce if it fits).

The pros and the cons are ironically the same on the issue of book banning. Books are banned to limit the flow of free thoughts and ideas and latter for that same purpose. The minute you tell people what they can and cannot read, you are taking away their free will and their ability to think on their own. “Book banning is a form of mind control”. It is used to control the way people think and act. The only thing that comes from banning books is a narrow minded society. The fact of the matter is, we don’t live in a perfect world and it’s not fair to subject ourselves to books that don’t highlight the issues of everyday life. If anything, we as individuals should be our own censors. We should control what we read and the actions that we take. We must never let narrow minded people control are free thought process. Freedom of thought is the essence of true liberty, a right to which all of us are entitled. “All censorships exist to prevent anyone from challenging current conceptions and existing institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently the first condition of progress is the removal of censorship.” George Bernard Shaw

Thankyou

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Lol, thanks dude.

Thanks
    Sounds good.
    Give examples of Book banning being put into action but ultimately failing in the long-term.
    Goebbels and his educational system in Nazi Germany would be a nice addition.
    Just a suggestion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    I was thinking of making the opening more general rather than giving specifics. That would still work though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    This is good, a little too much of saying the same thing over and over in different ways, but otherwise it's good.
    ..: Newest :..

[IMG]https://i560.photobucke*****m/albums/ss44/Nookuios/Star-lightsig.png[/IMG]