Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

How to give proper CnC

The Ultimate Guide in Giving CnC

Introduction
    Hello everyone, my name is Dylan Aka iTzSeyeko™, and I have been a member of MPGH for slightly over 3-4 years now. I live in the US, I have recently disappeared from the forums for 'unknown reasons', but I'm back now. I have been a GFX designer/Tagger for about 4-5 years, but i've been lost and to busy to open up cs6 Anyways! let's get onto CnC!

What is CnC?
    Well first of all, CnC stands for Constructive Criticism, like mentioned earlier. It is advice that can be mean't to help someone become the GFX designer/Tagger they've always wanted to be. CnC is something that can help someone out a lot if done correctly, but it can be useless if done incorrectly. That's why I'm here to show you guys how to give Constructive Criticism to someone to help them become a better GFX Designer/Tagger. CnC usually consists of three main topics:The good things of the Tag and what was done correctly, the bad parts and what could be improved, and the 'overall' of the Tag.

State good things about the Signature.
    Not all CnC is pointing out what's bad about the Signature. Pointing out the good can tell someone "Hey, you're doing xxx pretty good, so keep doing this in the future". For example, if I was recoloring something with a custom palette, someone could say "The colors you used fit together really well. Also the difference in the shading is near perfect, so keep it up". Now that I know the shading difference is good, I can use that advice on my next recolor.

Now let's see the type of good criticism to avoid.
    When you ask for CnC, you might see some comments such as the ones below.

I like this Signature
    It looks cool
    OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER
    I LOVE IT

These words are nice to hear, but it doesn't improve someone as a Gfx Designer very much now does it? These are opinions and what people think about it, not criticism.

For example. a nice CnC about a Signature
    [IMG]https://i1058.photobucke*****m/albums/t419/iTzSeyeko/Halo1.png[/IMG]

Good CnC:
    Nice tag man, Love the effects and the depth and ligthing in this one. but i believe some of your effects out shine your focal, maybe try erasing some of the lines above the focal and bring it out just a bit more Keep it up.

Bad CnC:
    I LOVE IT!
    WOW 10/10
    or
    This fucking sucks you fail
    stop designing your bad.

Anyways.. I just made this thread because im tired of showroom being spammed by looks cool or i like it,, with no CnC behind it.. people post there work so obviously they want it CnC'd
    @Doc @Ethereal
    Last edited by Mr.Seyeko; 01-26-2013 at 09:21 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Seyeko For This Useful Post:

2moms (05-21-2021),Eadwulf_ (12-29-2014),Elocrypt. (09-22-2014),Euphemistic (10-16-2013),iTzSeyeko™JR #1 (02-08-2013),yung trap lord (02-26-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Stickied....oh wait.

Nice post.

Sticky this @master131 @Ravallo
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

2moms (05-21-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/148-showro...-critique.html

It's nice you took the time to write it out..but we already have a thread with pretty much the same shit stickied.
    Either way, I'm a ghost of this section. I don't care what people do anymore.

I'd also like to make a small point here too.
    People aren't required to give cnc. If someone goes to the Gfx section at a hack site and they're looking for spot on pro critique,
    they're at the wrong place and that's on them. Spam is spam. A simple comment that is a complete and legible sentence isn't spam.
    If you discourage people from going into the threads and making these comments because maybe they don't know enough about what to look for,
    then what you're doing in the long run is driving more traffic away from the section. The section is dead enough right?
    Last edited by Ethereal; 01-26-2013 at 11:20 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

2moms (05-21-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko View Post
    The Ultimate Guide in Giving CnC

Introduction
    Hello everyone, my name is Dylan Aka iTzSeyeko™, and I have been a member of MPGH for slightly over 3-4 years now. I live in the US, I have recently disappeared from the forums for 'unknown reasons', but I'm back now. I have been a GFX designer/Tagger for about 4-5 years, but i've been lost and to busy to open up cs6 Anyways! let's get onto CnC!

What is CnC?
    Well first of all, CnC stands for Constructive Criticism
    CnC stands for Comments and Criticism, not constructive criticism you fucktard, so i stopped reading there

why would you have three letters for an abbreviation of 2 words? the n is short for and, as in Drum and bass... DnB
    RnB, Rhythm and blues

Comments, overall feelings views and opinions of the piece as a whole
    Criticism, which can be positive or negative is regarding the execution of said piece

E.g

Comment: I like this thread, it's on a topic that needs to be covered
    Negative Criticism: However you let yourself down with the presentation and language used, while giving incorrect information
    Positive Criticism: The thread gave the message of the subject fairly well, and was laid out in a manner that was easy to read

Friends,
    As artists, our greatest accomplishment is when we receive feedback from others that contains absolutely nothing negative. To be praised for what we do and to achieve a reaction simply from viewing it is the greatest thing possible. However, there are times when our work is not the the standard that we would like it to be, and thus we get negative comments.

CnC is a simple concept.
    Comments: Give your thoughts on the piece. How it made you feel, what you like about it, what emotions and feelings it brings to mind. Anything positive, any praise, or any gratitude. Positive things.

Criticisms: Give your thoughts of how the piece could be improved. Things such as a feeling that shouldn't occur or something wrong with the piece composition. Tell anything and everything that you feel could/should be changed to make the art better.

There is, however, a flip-side to the Criticisms portion of CnC. Since the entire idea of CnC is to help the artist improve, simply bashing their work and telling them all the things wrong with it will not help. Instead, it is your duty to offer suggestions of how to fix those problems and issues you find wrong with their piece.

If you are still confused, allow me to show you some examples.

Bad CnC:

"I f**king hate this. Nothing's right and you obviously had no idea what you're doing."

Decent CnC:

"Your flow is off, try using some C4Ds and other effects to get it right."

Best CnC:

"The render should be blended into the background better. Try using a Purple to Orange gradient map. As well, you could also add some clipping masks with splatter brushes to blur that line between render/background."
    Last edited by Audio~; 02-02-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I'm rage quitting the United States. No joke...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Audio~ For This Useful Post:

2moms (05-21-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    CnC means Constructive Criticism you fucking moron.. you dont know shit so get the fuck out of my threads

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Seyeko For This Useful Post:

2moms (05-21-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    It actually does mean comment and criticize but besides that its good you took the time to write it out

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Keroaplt For This Useful Post:

2moms (05-21-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio~ View Post
    CnC stands for Comments and Criticism, not constructive criticism you fucktard, so i stopped reading there

why would you have three letters for an abbreviation of 2 words? the n is short for and, as in Drum and bass... DnB
    RnB, Rhythm and blues

Comments, overall feelings views and opinions of the piece as a whole
    Criticism, which can be positive or negative is regarding the execution of said piece

E.g

Comment: I like this thread, it's on a topic that needs to be covered
    Negative Criticism: However you let yourself down with the presentation and language used, while giving incorrect information
    Positive Criticism: The thread gave the message of the subject fairly well, and was laid out in a manner that was easy to read
    You're retarded if you think CnC stands for anything other than Command n Conquer.

Besides you're missing the point of the thread if you're getting your jimmies rustled over an abbreviation.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Euphemistic (10-16-2013),Harpoon. (08-10-2014),IV2B (01-11-2016),Kuro Tenshi (02-04-2013),HalfBajan (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Didn't someone make a thread like this some years ago?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

You're retarded if you think CnC stands for anything other than Command n Conquer.

Besides you're missing the point of the thread if you're getting your jimmies rustled over an abbreviation.
    He also managed to destroy the English language thoughout, england prevails

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I'm rage quitting the United States. No joke...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio~ View Post
    He also managed to destroy the English language thoughout, england prevails
    >destroy English language thoughout,
    >england prevails

Sorry, who was destroying the English language?
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Nice thread man, Love the effects and the depth
    [IMG]https://i30.photobucke*****m/albums/c335/Joshcarr2006/tumblr_lz1nrntuZf1qdxcglo1_500_zps0388a33f.gif[/IMG]

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Joshcarr2006 For This Useful Post:

NUKE99X (12-26-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko™ View Post
    Anyways.. I just made this thread because im tired of showroom being spammed by looks cool or i like it,, with no CnC behind it.. people post there work so obviously they want it CnC'd
    When if they just want to say I like your signature
    Not everyone are graphics experts and can tell you what yo fix or not just to tell you that your art looks good. They just gunna look stupid trying to

Thanks
    Woow what is a great information

Thanks
    Wow i think is absolutely amazing!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Thumbs up

~I dont Care what all the other people are saying,I think this is Useful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast