Thanks

RotMG Source Code?

Is there anywhere I can get a copy of the source code for the current version of RotMG?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    You can view the actionscript via yogda or rabcdasm the client.

Not sure if anyone has completely got a source code, it would be kinda inefficent too since rotmg gets updated often.

Client is also heavily obfuscated.
    Reputation-
    Vouches
    Respect-
    Nilly, Ultran00b, JustAnoobROTMG, Nano, karolelis9, fallenhacks(cake), jaythedev
    DisRespect-
    mandela96, spaghetti master, floxxe, drillick, brendoo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to runekri3 For This Useful Post:

HexCypher (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by runekri3 View Post
    You can view the actionscript via yogda or rabcdasm the client.

Not sure if anyone has completely got a source code, it would be kinda inefficent too since rotmg gets updated often.

Client is also heavily obfuscated.
    So the actionscript is the only thing really worth looking at?

I take it they made the client confusing on purpose as an attempt to prevent hacking.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Most of the hacking done around here is done through rabcdasm and to a limited extent yogda. Both of these allow you to see the flash bytecode which is somewhat difficult to read. AS3 Sorcerer is a program that lets you view the unobfuscated actionscript code which is easier to read than flash bytecode. The only problem is you can't edit in actionscript directly with this program. The process I used to use and the process that many people here use is to find the code of interest in as3 sorcerer, then go to the rabcdasm output and edit it there.

When you talk about the source code I'm guessing you mean having the all the actionscript code in a project file that you can readily edit/build? I've successfully deobfuscated the client and made a working project file using flash builder. While there exist a few bugs not found in the client (having to do with embeded files) it is step up from the process I outlined at the end of the previous paragraph. It allows you to edit the actionscript code directly, debug the client (set breakpoints/step through code), and build it all from one place. If this is what you are interested in, get 20 posts, wait for build 11.0 to come out and pm me. I'll get you a link.
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nilly For This Useful Post:

Smokey Mc Pot (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    You are smart

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    Most of the hacking done around here is done through rabcdasm and to a limited extent yogda. Both of these allow you to see the flash bytecode which is somewhat difficult to read. AS3 Sorcerer is a program that lets you view the unobfuscated actionscript code which is easier to read than flash bytecode. The only problem is you can't edit in actionscript directly with this program. The process I used to use and the process that many people here use is to find the code of interest in as3 sorcerer, then go to the rabcdasm output and edit it there.

When you talk about the source code I'm guessing you mean having the all the actionscript code in a project file that you can readily edit/build? I've successfully deobfuscated the client and made a working project file using flash builder. While there exist a few bugs not found in the client (having to do with embeded files) it is step up from the process I outlined at the end of the previous paragraph. It allows you to edit the actionscript code directly, debug the client (set breakpoints/step through code), and build it all from one place. If this is what you are interested in, get 20 posts, wait for build 11.0 to come out and pm me. I'll get you a link.
    Well it seems Im one of the few who understands bytecode better then actionscript.

Also you could maybe try using swfbinreplace to fix embeded file issues ?
    Reputation-
    Vouches
    Respect-
    Nilly, Ultran00b, JustAnoobROTMG, Nano, karolelis9, fallenhacks(cake), jaythedev
    DisRespect-
    mandela96, spaghetti master, floxxe, drillick, brendoo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HexCypher View Post
    Is there anywhere I can get a copy of the source code for the current version of RotMG?
    The actual source code can be downloaded at [1]. You have to get it trough the link "Download zipped source files"*

*If it's not shown, reupload it to showmycode.com with the actual client of RotMG and check the checkbox beside the submit button.

Code:
    [1] https://www.showmycode.com/?85d98af65a30561b393c7c4b8e4bd1ec
    Last edited by Smokey Mc Pot; 02-12-2013 at 03:41 AM. Reason: "Download zipped source files" sometimes doesn't shown