Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Good luck Indiana Jones.

MPGH News Team: 11/15/12 - 5/15/13

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Enjoy running away from bears while we have 5G speed and phones stronger than current day computers

Somebody must have played too much minecraft. Sorry OP, you can't punch a tree and expect wood to come out. You'll probably just severely damage your knuckles

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

And if you are serious (serious luls here) why do you plan on bringing a cellphone or GPS? Using a Satellite in SPACE to contact somebody in a city!? WHAT! THAT IS SOO NOT THE WAY LIFE IS MEANT TO BE LIVED
    Last edited by ɑrtemis; 02-09-2013 at 10:50 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ɑrtemis For This Useful Post:

-MAJ (02-09-2013),Terell. (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ɑrtemis View Post
    Enjoy running away from bears while we have 5G speed and phones stronger than current day computers

Somebody must have played too much minecraft. Sorry OP, you can't punch a tree and expect wood to come out. You'll probably just severely damage your knuckles

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

And if you are serious (serious luls here) why do you plan on bringing a cellphone or GPS? Using a Satellite in SPACE to contact somebody in a city!? WHAT! THAT IS SOO NOT THE WAY LIFE IS MEANT TO BE LIVED
    I believe you are retarded?

If you had read, you could see it was my backup plan.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    good luck

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Woah Insomniac 4,294,967,295 thanks?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -MAJ View Post
    im sexy and daves real son

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by -MAJ View Post
    That was quite ontopic

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTroubles View Post

I believe you are retarded?

If you had read, you could see it was my backup plan.
    I did read

But why need a backup plan if you are going to do this in the first place?
    Cuz you realize it's a bad idea?
    Cuz you want to look back?
    If you wanted to do it forreal you wouldn't use the tools made by the society you dislike so much.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Also, if you want to live the life you might as well make all your own tools. Forget matches. Don't bring clothes, make them, skin animals and wear them.

After all, all your canned food, knives, compasses, Maps, etc are made in 3rd world countries like China and Bangladesh, and those people are so NOT living teh lyfe

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I did read

But why need a backup plan if you are going to do this in the first place?
    Cuz you realize it's a bad idea?
    Cuz you want to look back?
    If you wanted to do it forreal you wouldn't use the tools made by the society you dislike so much.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Also, if you want to live the life you might as well make all your own tools. Forget matches. Don't bring clothes, make them, skin animals and wear them.

After all, all your canned food, knives, compasses, Maps, etc are made in 3rd world countries like China and Bangladesh, and those people are so NOT living teh lyfe
    Oh boy, I can't believe you.
    Humans rely on technology. That's how we evolved. Without technology, humans are nowhere.
    That's why I want to use JUST the amount of technology needed, because you CANT live otherwise. I can't go around naked untill I find an animal to skin. Why? Because I'll get undercooled. We don't have fur or feathers like other warm-blooded animals. Our 'fur' is clothing. That's how we evolved. We don't have teeth to kill an animal with. We use weapons. Because that's how we evolved.
    If humans were actually like animals, I'd use no technology. But we can't. Because we evolved that way. Some may think we are an incredibly advanced species when compared to other species, and we are, but on the other side, we lost our entire natural-side. Our survivability. We swapped having natural advantages for having third-party advantages.
    As for the GPS thing: SINCE we rely on technology this much, IF something goes wrong, I'd rather go back, see how to prevent problems I ran into and then go back than just sit there and die.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I give you about two days OP. Two days before you realise how stupid you sounded when you made this thread, and how crappy living like this will become. There are only a few people who do this and they've done it from very early on or after a traumatic event. You have neither going for you. I think you've been watching too many documentaries of the "wild".

Humans rely on technology. That's how we evolved. Without technology, humans are nowhere.
    That's why I want to use JUST the amount of technology needed, because you CANT live otherwise. I can't go around naked untill I find an animal to skin. Why? Because I'll get undercooled. We don't have fur or feathers like other warm-blooded animals. Our 'fur' is clothing. That's how we evolved. We don't have teeth to kill an animal with. We use weapons. Because that's how we evolved.
    If humans were actually like animals, I'd use no technology. But we can't. Because we evolved that way. Some may think we are an incredibly advanced species when compared to other species, and we are, but on the other side, we lost our entire natural-side. Our survivability. We swapped having natural advantages for having third-party advantages.
    As for the GPS thing: SINCE we rely on technology this much, IF something goes wrong, I'd rather go back, see how to prevent problems I ran into and then go back than just sit there and die.
    I'm sorry but that's all a bunch of bullshit. You're just trying to half-assedly justify why you aren't stupid. Basically you're saying that we as a race evolved upon the technology we created in order to advance beyond our means yet you want to go backwards? Lost our natural-side? What kind of romantic bullshit is that. This is our natural side. We've been progressing with technology for circa 200,000 fucking years, ie as long as modern humans have existed. It is in our nature to create and exploit technology. Not to go backwards. You want to do this properly? Then sorry but as long as you're wearing clothes born from a factory, relying on a GSM phone as a backup, or a GPS you are putting your faith and your life in the hands of the society you wish to free yourself from. You fantasize about segregating yourself from this society that "sucks" yet you have the ordacity to use us as your backup plan? How fucking pathetic. You want to be in the wild? Then live amongst the wilderness with nothing but a rock on a stick, but don't come crying to us when you get a booboo or can't find your mummy.

TL;DR stop being a pussy and pick your side.
    Last edited by Doc; 02-10-2013 at 03:23 AM.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]iverson954360 (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Just don't. You may have uncovered another view of the world and its downside and emphasized it. The thing is, you don't drag yourself to its lowliness. Another thing is, you plan on living a life lower than that. Yes it bears peace and stuff like that but still, you have to realized we humans change and evolve we don't go back to the past to escape the present, Instead you need to look at the bright side. You're throwing your life away man. Not even in 1 month you will survive without realizing the fact that you were wrong. Besides, the forest you will live in will get industrialized anyways...

Strygwyr, the Bloodseeker
    "For the Flayed Twins, I seek blood."

Add me up on Steam : Knight Lock

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Really? If you look as far as 50,000 years ago, modern human beings as we know it were living, and none of them had anything. Everything they had was what they made or gathered.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Really? If you look as far as 50,000 years ago, modern human beings as we know it were living, and none of them had anything. Everything they had was what they made or gathered.
    I'll say this one more time.
    [USE] [AS] [LITTLE] [TECHNOLOGY] [AS] [POSSIBLE]
    Get it?
    Oh, and in the time of hunters & gatherers, they had weapons..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I'll say this one more time.
    [USE] [AS] [LITTLE] [TECHNOLOGY] [AS] [POSSIBLE]
    Get it?
    Oh, and in the time of hunters & gatherers, they had weapons..
    weapons. made by themselves of course. They didn't have labor shops in china making swiss army knives for them.
    You gotta sharpen your own stick and hope you have good aim and maybe you'll score a deer or something.
    Or maybe you gotta put some sharp obsidian on a stick and shoot it with a bow, that you make of, naturally.

Either way, the reason humans managed to get tools and more advanced was because they were together, sharing ideas.
    being an outcast with (read: nobody) to collaborate ideas with means no technological advancement for you.
    So you can thanks society for advancing, because if they didn't, you would not be here.

I don't see what's so wrong with society now. Because this is just human technological advancement.

The Babylonians were far less advanced than the Ottoman empire, just like the Ottoman empire was less advanced than we are now. Did the ottomans think that their society sucks and should live the way the babylonians did? No, just cuz we are more advanced does not mean we aren't living how life is supposed to be lived.

We advance, we improve, it's natural.

Just because we are more advanced, doesn't mean that the human condition and society now is not how life is supposed to be lived.
    We advance, deal with it.

isn't it natural for humans to improve and advance on what they already had? Going backwards, against what we spent so many years perfecting is more unnatural.

But of course, if you want to live like a caveman who somehow has a GPS, go ahead.
    Last edited by ɑrtemis; 02-10-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

weapons. made by themselves of course. They didn't have labor shops in china making swiss army knives for them.
    You gotta sharpen your own stick and hope you have good aim and maybe you'll score a deer or something.
    Or maybe you gotta put some sharp obsidian on a stick and shoot it with a bow, that you make of, naturally.

Either way, the reason humans managed to get tools and more advanced was because they were together, sharing ideas.
    being an outcast with (read: nobody) to collaborate ideas with means no technological advancement for you.
    So you can thanks society for advancing, because if they didn't, you would not be here.

I don't see what's so wrong with society now. Because this is just human technological advancement.

The Babylonians were far less advanced than the Ottoman empire, just like the Ottoman empire was less advanced than we are now. Did the ottomans think that their society sucks and should live the way the babylonians did? No, just cuz we are more advanced does not mean we aren't living how life is supposed to be lived.

We advance, we improve, it's natural.

Just because we are more advanced, doesn't mean that the human condition and society now is not how life is supposed to be lived.
    We advance, deal with it.

isn't it natural for humans to improve and advance on what they already had? Going backwards, against what we spent so many years perfecting is more unnatural.

But of course, if you want to live like a caveman who somehow has a GPS, go ahead.
    Okay. I'm done argueing with you after this post, because clearly you don't see the point.

Those 'caveman' crafted their own weapons and clothing, yes. But WHEN they did that, they could still live WITHOUT. Then, they found that it was easier and started RELYING on those, resulting in humans as of today.
    But, since we are ALREADY in that stage, we can't reverse time and then start off brand new... No, but what IS possible is to live like this with a group for a LONG period of time, generations long. To evolve into a superior (in some ways) species.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast