Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikky View Post
    but how should they detect a hack if there is no AC present?
    Is it report only?
    Dunno, I think when someone reports you, they investigate your crysis account with their "telemetry" system.

"I'd ask that everyone remain vigilant and send me a private message on MyCrysis if you see a cheater, preferably with some form of evidence, such as screenshots or even better videos. This allows us to cross reference evidence of our players with the telemetry that our automated systems provide".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by babilonguy View Post
    Dunno, I think when someone reports you, they investigate your crysis account with their "telemetry" system.

"I'd ask that everyone remain vigilant and send me a private message on MyCrysis if you see a cheater, preferably with some form of evidence, such as screenshots or even better videos. This allows us to cross reference evidence of our players with the telemetry that our automated systems provide".
    Telemetry was also a part in BF3
    Telemetry, as DICE likes to call it, is actually a dumbed down name for analytical research using quantitative analysis. This is a procedure or rather research method of collecting and analyzing date (BF3 statistics in DICE’s case) is primarily used by communication scholars and researchers.

Telemetry seems to be a statistics collector, maybe they also use it to identify cheaters when impossible stats shows up, but it has nothing to do with an anti-cheat.

>>Did you manage to get any interesting statistics from the telemetry data for the Multiplayer alpha?
    Yeah, tons. Actually, you're the first guy to ask about it, but I only got the documents last week, and we did that about a month ago. I wish I could talk in depth about it, but I haven't actually reviewed all the material yet, because there's so much of it. But from what I have skimmed over and based on the feedback that we've received, it was pretty much positive on pretty much every front. Even the things that were negative were things that players didn't understand or didn't figure out how to use.
    The stability was good and it was more of a technical test and a test of our hardware, more than anything. Of course, we wanted to look at our gameplay statistics and telemetry data to pull that in and make changes. Throughout the course of the alpha, we were patching during that time, so we weren't just throwing a ball of code and going, "Hey, let's just let people run with it." We were patching it not only for technical issues but for gameplay as well.

Seems intresting, may you look here: https://twvideo01.ubm-us.net/o1/vault...ultiplayer.pdf
    Go to "DEV TELEMETRY"
    Last edited by Rikky; 02-26-2013 at 04:48 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rikky For This Useful Post:

GEHhgerhgerhgerhrhr (02-26-2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12