Thanks

CoD Games Problem

Hey guys ! I got a problem with games running on the CoD Engine such as including CoD Mw2, MW3, MW etc.
    So i bought MW3 2 months after its release. My graphic card sucked pretty bad but it was able to play it (please no "OMG he cant run MW3 what a nuub get a new graphic card" comment) even tho i had to play it on the lowest settings. Btw it was a Nvidia 8500 GT. So, after that my brother bought a new PC and gave me his 8600 GTS, i know what an improvement. This one was able to run CoD kind of better and i was even able to play at medium-high settings. After i stopped playin' MW3 for some months my friends and I decided to get MW2 but the 4D1 version of it. My PC was able to run it pretty well w/o any problems. Okay now here's the strange thing: After I got my Beta Key for Dota 2, I installed it and played it for a while. 2 Months later i played MW3 again w/o changing any hardware stuff on my comp. As I joined a game, with the same graphic settings dat i had half a year ago ofc, my MW3 lagged like hell. Through IW5M and Promod i've found out that the dust/smoke on the MW3 maps causes those lags. Promod removes those to get an improved sight 'n stuff. And ofc after joining a server with Promod I was able to play w/o any lags. While playin' on the IW Servers through Steam which didnt have those Promod settings, the maps lagged like hell again. After that I tried out MW2, and who would've thought i got the same problem with the dust and smoke on the map .. cuz as i looked right into it my FPS dramatically fell >8 if not even more, and looking at the other side of the map where those weren't even nearly recognizeable i had my normal 50-60 FPS. To prove that i've tried some programs to decrease the graphic settings of MW3 to make it look like Quake 3. And still looking at the specific part of the map my FPS dropped hard.
    After recognizing this problem i tried to deinstall Dota 2 and get an older Graphics driver which I used to use when MW3 and MW2 ran fine. This didnt solve the problem either. I've already looked for some programs which could disable those effects for MW3 but i didn't found any. So if anyone could help me i'd appreciate that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Computers degrade over time, it's inevitable. For example a 4.0 GHz new computer may slow all the way down to 2.0 GHz over a couple of years.
    Your comp may have simply hit that time in its lifetime where its speed drops, causing a massive FPS downfall. The only thing I can think is to just get a new system, continuing to try to fix it with new cards and processors simply isn't worth it. It seems to have nothing to do with CoD engine, other than the engine itself takes up too much GPU and RAM for your system, causing it to lag.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    First of all thanks for the fast reply. And second isn't i kind of strange that this FPS drop is only caused by some Dust on a Map ? I mean even if the graphic is like ultimately lowered it still drops on those part of the maps. And till now the CoD Franchise is the only 1 which showed up that problem, while games like "Warface (new released game by crytek)", which i played after the release of MW3 on Russian servers and now on European servers again, dont show up those issues ? Another example is WoW, which I play for like 3-4 years alrdy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by bmc444 View Post
    First of all thanks for the fast reply. And second isn't i kind of strange that this FPS drop is only caused by some Dust on a Map ? I mean even if the graphic is like ultimately lowered it still drops on those part of the maps. And till now the CoD Franchise is the only 1 which showed up that problem, while games like "Warface (new released game by crytek)", which i played after the release of MW3 on Russian servers and now on European servers again, dont show up those issues ? Another example is WoW, which I play for like 3-4 years alrdy.
    Dust on maps can actually cause vast amounts of lag. It depends upon how the engine codes it. Some are simple blankets of dust textures that move across, causing the dusty effect. But on CoD's engine, the dust is actually thousands of individual coded particles that are transported, which can can easily push your system into lagging. The wonder of Warface is that the lag is reduced compared to earlier games such as MW3. Crytek did a wonderful job of making the textures look crisp, yet reducing the strain on your system and preventing lag by optimizing the data transfer in the engine. CoD has a unique ability to eat up GPU space as the engine is honestly a bit clunky. I also would have responded faster, but I had to pick up a few things at work.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    Okay thanks for the explanation. Well i think i'm goin to stick to Promod. After joining 1 Promod Server the settings last on every server I join, till i restart the game.
    But still, thanks for the help. :-)