Thread: God...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    o HAI GUISE
    Oh shit looks like I'm wrong. God, which religion is the correct one?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Toymaker and Parxysm have taken over this thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy View Post
    Toymaker and Parxysm have taken over this thread
    Bound to happen [;
    They both have strong views on this issue, and both can flaunt how much they know

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    i beleive that there has to be a greater being because well idk, sunday school taught me that bitches:@

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    science is god

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Sexy...If you can't understand my text, then you missed out on a lot of humorous Satire, sir. Any way, the problem with your statement (I learned naturally being a programmer) is your logic base...

• I probably know more about your own belief than you, so tell me what it is so we can discuss it's flaws(all beliefs have them).
    • Perspective is irrelevant to fact and a common cause of incorrect conclusions.

I'll inevitably fall back on the thought that most beliefs are reasonable enough to be respected and it's destructive to argue, truly. i.e. creationism verse evolutionism is a leading cause to unreliable information being commonly found now days. If both sides could get along and realize their bases are just 'theories' and not fact, and stop arguing them, then we could grow together and work on things that actually matter.

Wow ur so right but i would say that if these religions wouldnt be there non of them all this war and bad things that happens in this world.. all would be gone thats only my opinion but i'm still muslim :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Christianity helps people who need the crutch of a God for reasoning (which is fine), but I still don't believe in it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    creationism verse evolutionism is a leading cause to unreliable information being commonly found now days. If both sides could get along and realize their bases are just 'theories' and not fact, and stop arguing them, then we could grow together and work on things that actually matter.
    Now Toymaker I'm gonna chew your ass out for this one.

1. CREATIONISM "is a leading cause to unreliable information"

2. "just 'theories"

1) Creationism isn't a "theory", it barely comes off as a coherent hypothesis, one that can't be tested, so at best it's mental masturbation (I'd even debate that).

2) Scientific Theories are models we use to explain natural phenomenon, the evolutionary process via natural selection has been proven to occur beyond any reasonable doubt (but I guess that hasn't stopped religious zealots before).

3.Evolution, is a fact. Evolutionary Theory is a model to explain how the evolutionary process works. In scientific theories, the model gets changed all the time, some parts revised others removed (not very often) others parts added, depending on observations made.

4. We have yet to find a single species of animal that "defies" evolution (but god knows creationists have tried[I swear to God if someone brings in flagellum to this argument I'm going to kill you all]).

I always have more to say but I might go off on another tirade.

Thunderfoot's "Why Do People Laugh At Creationists" series makes creationist's cry.
    https://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...3481305829426D
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 06-23-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I think religion is just something made for people to believe in and have faith in, if there wasn't anything to believe where would one turn to when they hit their hardest moments in life and don't have anybody else to turn to, in reality it depends on how much faith you have to decide whether its real or not in your own mentality.

Thanks
    Religion is a method of control.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Where the weak can control the strong.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post
    Where the weak can control the strong.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    It's probably easy to estimate how much longer it'll be before we kill ourselves off but, there's no way the idiot Mayan's (who lost all their gold and were raped by spain, creating the mexican race) could have prophecized the last year of earthly life. Unless you're super religious secretly, go sacrifice some one to a volcano and find out if they were right or not.
    mayan culture developed a very complicated math level dude, they predicted every damn eclipse you have seen and every fuckin eclipse you will see, and that without a telescope...they didnt kill people, those were the Aztects (another prehispanic culture), but mayan culture was a whole different thing.They developed a damn-complicated-as-hell-languaje that 'till our days isnt decoded 100%
    They were polytheists,theybelieved in manymany gods, onefor the rains, one for tha war, one forevery thing they consider important, there was even a god for the sun. Life was the most sacred thing for them.
    The "god" you talk about is just another invention, every fuckin god was invented by someone in an specific moment when they didnt find a reason for things that happens, not very often often, things called "miracles".

Gods are inventions of humans, nobody can see them, they are all powerful and they rule everything... thats the dream of every fuckin human being XD
    And religions exploit the god believers's faith to get money from them.
    Gods doesnt exist, there's nothign after death and religions are bullshit.
    A sinner once, a sinner twice!! No need for confession now...

There is no sweet salvation
    Your soul belongs to me
    A screaming pain for redemption
    My angels watch you bleed

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Paroxysm, that part of my post may have been a slip up, however, the only part of evolution that is fact is, 'change over time,' and I just think a spontaneous explosion that defies all laws of physics is just as plausible as intelligent design but, you can call me crazy for making that comparison if you want. Oh and, the video doesn't apply to me because I don't have those cliche viewpoints....

...You other guys, in trying to say why religion exists, you're selecting to ignore parts of reality. There are also religions that only started for the study of imrpoving yourself, don't forget...Any way, I guess I'm still waiting for a fia fyt to break out here...

...Ad litteram, I'm more than aware of mayan history from passing the 9th grade. I really hope you aren't saying their astromony skill supports the idea that they also have mystical spiritual prophecizing powers...
    Last edited by Toymaker; 06-23-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    however, the only part of evolution that is a fact is, 'change over time,' and I think a spontaneous explosion that ignores all physical law
    "Spontaneous explosion"

What part of the evolutionary process are you referring to?

I think your making the classic Evolution=Abiogenesis mistake. Evolution explains the diversity of life, not the origins, that's abiogenesis. What physical laws are you talking about anyway?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast