Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    North Korea has issues. They need to go see a therapist

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    Propoganda is hardly reason to go to war over.

And technically speaking, the war is still on. It never ended, and was pretty much just paused. Though now it is firing back up again. Im not arguing against taking action against them, I'm just saying making a brash move would make it 10x worse. Think of it like crazy people. You have to be very careful when trying to calm them down, because if you dont it makes it worse.
    Plus invasion means Seoul is gone,there's enough munitions to turn that city into a crater before the Marines had their boots on.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Fuck em NK is always mad over something oh were going to nuke you few years latter oh were going to nuke them. I don't even think they have the balls to do it. If I was Obama I would be like STFU AND DO IT ALREADY OR KICK ROCKS BITCH then nuke them.
    [IMG]https://i30.photobucke*****m/albums/c335/Joshcarr2006/tumblr_lz1nrntuZf1qdxcglo1_500_zps0388a33f.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
    Fuck em NK is always mad over something oh were going to nuke you few years latter oh were going to nuke them. I don't even think they have the balls to do it. If I was Obama I would be like STFU AND DO IT ALREADY OR KICK ROCKS BITCH then nuke them.
    How many successful suitcase style nukes have there been in history?

And no, China would NOT be ok with the US "glassing" North Korea. The environmental impact upon the entire region would be devastating.

The radiation and fallout would poison the people of South Korea, China, AND Japan. Innocent people would be dying for decades after (though we'd obviously deny it, especially since the info about long-term radiation poisoning isn't really big on the public's mind).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    war is not happening...
    Crossfire Europe IGN:U*Mad*Bro*
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/rules.php read this

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maximon555 View Post
    How many successful suitcase style nukes have there been in history?

And no, China would NOT be ok with the US "glassing" North Korea. The environmental impact upon the entire region would be devastating.

The radiation and fallout would poison the people of South Korea, China, AND Japan. Innocent people would be dying for decades after (though we'd obviously deny it, especially since the info about long-term radiation poisoning isn't really big on the public's mind).
    The US has neutrino nukes, the half life of the isotope in question is a mere hour, the area would be irradiated to safe levels in less than a day.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

The US has neutrino nukes, the half life of the isotope in question is a mere hour, the area would be irradiated to safe levels in less than a day.
    It's not that easy,once the shooting is over there is going to be a huge refugee and rebuilding problem. You will have millions of starving people with no modern job skills looking to flood into South Korea or China, billions or trillions of investment needed to make North Korea functional, and decades of costly international management of what used to be NK.The same was true for Iraq, but on a smaller scale, as they still had a functioning economy, before the invasion. But most of all, the government receives large amounts of oil revenues, about $50billion annually, which is reinvested into the country. North Korea doesn't have oil, or any other easy source of income (except a lot of cheap, unskilled labor). Therefore, post-invasion recovery efforts would have to be paid almost entirely by other countries- namely China, South Korea.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    waa going back to war?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    if they fight i hope the kill psy he so fking annoying with gangnam style

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by plfreak View Post
    if they fight i hope the kill psy he so fking annoying with gangnam style
    Idiot .
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 666HiddenMaster666 For This Useful Post:

Mc565 (03-16-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maximon555 View Post
    It's not that easy,once the shooting is over there is going to be a huge refugee and rebuilding problem. You will have millions of starving people with no modern job skills looking to flood into South Korea or China, billions or trillions of investment needed to make North Korea functional, and decades of costly international management of what used to be NK.The same was true for Iraq, but on a smaller scale, as they still had a functioning economy, before the invasion. But most of all, the government receives large amounts of oil revenues, about $50billion annually, which is reinvested into the country. North Korea doesn't have oil, or any other easy source of income (except a lot of cheap, unskilled labor). Therefore, post-invasion recovery efforts would have to be paid almost entirely by other countries- namely China, South Korea.
    NK is reportedly having substantial amounts of in-earth resources. It is even plausible it has rare earth elements considering the widely distributed mining graphs for such materials. We just don't know, all records are based off of North Korean figures given to an NK firm in SK. As for the people being relocated, many are industrial workers and agricultural farmers, the ones that are not are either in the KAP, or are the "elite". The main body of refugees could easily be relocated to industrialized facilities in China, in which I am POSITIVE there are corporations based in the US and Europe that would jump on the cheap labor. The refugees would be more than happy considering the Chinese currency versus the NK won outweighs it by a decent amount. The NK "elite" will either be imprisoned or executed, depending on SK's demands as they will most likely be integrated together. Considering SK is one of the most economically advanced Asian countries they will be able to handle it. It wouldn't cost trillions, NK's technological net worth is not worth that much considering how outdated the majority of it's technology.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I think all we have to do is MOAB Pyongyang and carpet bomb their military bases after taking out their defenses
    Probably much cheaper and easier
    What do you think @Lehsyrus?
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post
    I think all we have to do is MOAB Pyongyang and carpet bomb their military bases after taking out their defenses
    What do you think @Lehsyrus?
    Why can't we just go over there and curb stomp all of em.
    BALD ALLAH OF MPGH
    League of Legends God & Previous Minion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    Why can't we just go over there and curb stomp all of em.
    Because we don't do hand to hand combat invasions?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

NK is reportedly having substantial amounts of in-earth resources. It is even plausible it has rare earth elements considering the widely distributed mining graphs for such materials. We just don't know, all records are based off of North Korean figures given to an NK firm in SK. As for the people being relocated, many are industrial workers and agricultural farmers, the ones that are not are either in the KAP, or are the "elite". The main body of refugees could easily be relocated to industrialized facilities in China, in which I am POSITIVE there are corporations based in the US and Europe that would jump on the cheap labor. The refugees would be more than happy considering the Chinese currency versus the NK won outweighs it by a decent amount. The NK "elite" will either be imprisoned or executed, depending on SK's demands as they will most likely be integrated together. Considering SK is one of the most economically advanced Asian countries they will be able to handle it. It wouldn't cost trillions, NK's technological net worth is not worth that much considering how outdated the majority of it's technology.
    You underestimate how brainwashed they are and how loyal they are to the regime.Or maybe how motivated they will be when defending their homeland against foreign invaders. You don't have to be brainwashed for that, not everyone wants to get exported "democracy" with bombs.Plus China guards the border quite well because they don't want North Koreans, and South Korea cannot sustain even a fraction of that population migrating.North korea is a stone age wasteland full of starving people,it would cost the chinese a fortune just to keep people from starving.China will not allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post
    The problem is complex,north korea has basically built up enough large artillery piece to function as a small doomsday weapon within range of Seoul. They have tens or thousands of artillery pieces. Theres simply no way to counter all that. They also have missiles, such as SCUDS, that can reach almost the bottom of South Korea. The North has chemical weapons, and would deploy them to civilian locations in a second if they think it would help them. The last problem is all the artillery pieces, rockets, missiles, and planes the North have are located in separated bunkers, making airstrikes on them impractical.Allies don't exactly have a detailed map with locations of all of NK's artillery. These will be hidden all along the DMZ, and they won't simply be exposed, sitting there out in the open. The amount of air/sea power you'd have to pour into that area to neutralize this threat would be immense, and there's simply no way to disable all of that artillery quickly enough.Because literally any approach would result in North Korea being able to bombard the South for at least a few hours.
    I say quickly enough because those cannons are already pointed at Seoul. They can fire them at the drop of the hat. Once bombs start falling on the DMZ's artillery batteries, they're all gonna go off, targeted at the capital of South Korea, where millions of people live. There will be massive infrastructural damage to a nation's capital city, millions of lives lost is a reasonable estimate, and full-blown war in an already politically volatile area. While SK and its allies are indeed powerful, fighting the millions of soldiers of NK will still take its toll.So a complete surprise strike with no advance warning whatsoever would result in millions of South Koreans dead. If a conventional military strike was workable, it would have happened already.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to maximon555 For This Useful Post:

Royce (03-10-2013)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast