Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Exclamation What to Consider when giving CnC

I have seen a need for this arousing, as many refuse to give even remote CnC. I would like to thank The-Unknown for giving what i consider the most in depth CnC here. Even though Gourav has a post on "How to Properly Rate Work" this will be much more in depth and focused on CnC.

- How is the quality of the render. Does it feel in proportion? Is the quality just not fitting. Is the render placed properly? Is it blended, too much, too little, or none at all.

- How is the lighting if any? Is the lighting minimal? Is there a light source but no light on the render? Or vice-versa.

- Is there depth to the work? Or was the concept just ignored? What could add more depth?

- How is the flow? Did the artist just slap the render and other pieces together with no certain direction of movement? Or did they think it through and add flow to the work?

- Is the background matching with the render? Do they blend together? Or does the render/background stand out?

- How is the brushing? If any, does it flow with the work, or feel out of place. Does it blend?

- How is the C4D usage? Are the c4d's properly placed and blended? Do they match the flow of the work?

-Is the text placed properly, or does it feel out of place and not part of the render? Is the font choice appropriate?

-Do the overall colors match the portrayed mood of the work? Or are they out of the appropriate spectrum?

- How is the usage of the various adjustment layers? Gradient maps, exposure etc. Are they used effectively or sloppily placed on with no predetermined effect desired?

-How is the contrast? Is the work going all over the light and dark spectrum, or does it maintain a constant theme?

-Is the work over-sharpened, blurred, or just right?

- How is the smudging, if any? Is it overdone? Does it follow the flow of the rest of the work? Or is it just placed on for the sake of it being there?

- Is the work aesthetically pleasing? Is it nice too look at, a work can be composed right, but because of how it formed, it becomes unattractive.

Now let's see some good CnC!
    Last edited by Ryguy; 06-24-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    [IMG]https://i385.photobucke*****m/albums/oo292/Hammical/inFamousSIGcopy-3.png[/IMG]
    Some people say they don't understand me. Problem is there is nothing to understand.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PhotoNoobster For This Useful Post:

ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y (05-25-2011),Black Eyed Peas (05-06-2012),ClamPie (07-21-2010),Davis ilovecake (12-31-2009),Matt (02-09-2010),Phantazy (09-06-2010),Super Martin (02-01-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gj mate.
    But.. People won't read this, but when they do , they'll just ignore it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Yeah, always worth a try though....
    [IMG]https://i385.photobucke*****m/albums/oo292/Hammical/inFamousSIGcopy-3.png[/IMG]
    Some people say they don't understand me. Problem is there is nothing to understand.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    haha deserves a sticky well my opinion :S

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I havn't noticed this...its a week old..O.O