Thread: Process Trouble

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Process Trouble

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here, but here goes.

I like games, sure I beleive that many people on this site do as well, but this doesn't have anything to do with what I like at the moment. My curiousity had me wondering if I could speed up my game to make it a tad faster. don't get me wrong, this should be relatively easy, but for some reason this one game in particular is beginning to aggrivate me. now i sped games up before to enhance performance, but this time I am trumped.

I wanted to set the priority level higher for crossfire to see if I would notice a slight FPS difference, but I cannot manage to set the priority whatsoever.

First, I had went into task manager and click the process tab, then proceeded to find the filename to set the new priority; Although only to find that the process was not there.
    Second, I had stepped back and proceeded into the "Applications" tab, then right-clicked the application to hit "Find process"; yet again, it eludes me.

given the information, i figured, i'd be smooth and make a batch(.bat) file.

made a notepad document-
    opened it-
    the following contents entered:
    @echo off
    cd /d "filepath" /////in my case is "C:\Program Files\Subagames\CrossFire"
    start /High "filename.exe" ///// via "crossfire.exe"

note I could have set this to realtime, but it was just merely a test to see if there would be a slight FPS change.
    Sadfully, the batch file somewhat worked, but the file won't fully execute. What I'm trying to say is, I have done this before(on a shittier pc, mine is WAY better though), but for some reason it's not working like it should. The box for the game shows, then it would disapear shortly after.

I know that everyone has encountered this before, when they know something should work, but for some reason it isn't.

i am seeking help in this matter as well as discussing things you know should work but for some reason didn't.
    [IMG]https://i10.photobucke*****m/albums/a112/Roc_001/7T2Z28-1210992701.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    you should post this in the crossfire section =S
    A sinner once, a sinner twice!! No need for confession now...

There is no sweet salvation
    Your soul belongs to me
    A screaming pain for redemption
    My angels watch you bleed

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    He should put this in the coding/general hacking section.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    a little bit of this, a little bit of that, a little bit of this, a little bit of that.......
    [IMG]https://i10.photobucke*****m/albums/a112/Roc_001/7T2Z28-1210992701.jpg[/IMG]