Thread: Police Quota's

Thanks

Police Quota's

Let's have an intelligent debate that does not have to do with religion for once.

Police Quota's, are they corrupting the police force to purposely hunt down the civilians? Or are they here for a decent purpose? Would lowering the Quota amount have any positive impact on a normal drivers commute at the end of each month, rather than being paranoid at every turn?

Discuss.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Give police the ability of critical thinking, and the problem would be solved
    Too bad only a few gets it
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    Not necessarily. Certains towns in Jersey's Quota's are so high that they have to pull people over just for the sake of pulling people over. Critical thinking will only wok in the scenario of a much lower quota.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Yea, I wasn't specific enough lol
    Too much rules prevents thinking, which in turn prevents critical thinking and "common sense"
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Police quotas breed corruption. I fail too see why they are even here in the first place, they seem to serve no purpose but to piss people off. They only thing they could do to make it worse is if they got paid commission.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Sadly this is true. My father is a retired 32 year veteran police officer, and I have personally seen the damage these quotas due. If an officer does not make their quota, they face reprimand, punishment, and in extreme cases, even demotion. Its institution takes good cops, and forces them to search for the smallest error in citizens, in order to protect themselves.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    The Gov is Shit everywhere.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post
    Yea, I wasn't specific enough lol
    Too much rules prevents thinking, which in turn prevents critical thinking and "common sense"
    The sad part is many police officers have common sense, however these quota's prevent them from using it.

Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Police quotas breed corruption. I fail too see why they are even here in the first place, they seem to serve no purpose but to piss people off. They only thing they could do to make it worse is if they got paid commission.
    I honestly wouldn't doubt it if NJ was the first to pay officers commission on tickets. We already have state troopers that make six digit figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    Sadly this is true. My father is a retired 32 year veteran police officer, and I have personally seen the damage these quotas due. If an officer does not make their quota, they face reprimand, punishment, and in extreme cases, even demotion. Its institution takes good cops, and forces them to search for the smallest error in citizens, in order to protect themselves.
    It's disgusting, gone are the good old days of seeing an officer and running up to say hello. Now it's "oh. shit. a cop."

Quote Originally Posted by AeriaAVA View Post
    The Gov is Shit everywhere.
    I can definitely agree to that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Uh.....that is commission. Their salary gets funding from those tickets.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Its all in the implementation.
    -----------------
    Good.
    Police quota's have a purpose. The purpose is so that people don't just slack off and don't pull anyone over. There has to be a police presence or else shit gets ugly. Also in most cases quota's = pay. The police force is severely underfunded in most places and that helps them keep up their pay.

Bad.
    The reason these exist is because the government is shit with finance. If police were funded properly instead of these ridiculous shitheads in office, then we'd have no real reason other than police presence. BUT if you live in any slightly urban enviroment, thats always obvious that the cops are around. The quotas are almost stupid because it becomes a secondary tax on citizens who really do nothing wrong. THere is a difference for pulling someone over for speeding and pulling 10 people over in a row for going 1-2 over.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Anywho the quota is a bad idea because its implemented in the wrong scenario all the time. I mean there its just accepted as regularity "just because" now.