Thread: Progression

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Progression

I plan to continue this piece tomorrow when I have some free time, this is where it stands at the moment. Feel free to post suggestions / criticism as I move along.

This is the first time that I've seriously touched photoshop in at least 1.5 years. The only part of this that is part of another persons stock are the cogs (which I rendered).

Thanks
    I really like this so far, it almost has an old vintage look to it, and I love the clock, looks great. The only thing I really don't like are the cogs on the top right corner. They seem to be overpowering. I'd say lower the opacity just a smidge.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I don't know if I would have used that type of texture.
    As is, your focal points don't seem like they belong with it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggles <3 View Post
    I really like this so far, it almost has an old vintage look to it, and I love the clock, looks great. The only thing I really don't like are the cogs on the top right corner. They seem to be overpowering. I'd say lower the opacity just a smidge.
    I had just added the upper cogs right before I saved for the night, I plan on adding many adjustment layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I don't know if I would have used that type of texture.
    As is, your focal points don't seem like they belong with it.
    I'm not really a fan of the texture either, I'm going to rework it later. What are your thoughts of adding some pipes coming out of the cogs? I was thinking of doodling in some intertwined pipes with steam and such. I'm going to make the colors of the hands match the numerals as well, they kinda stand out awkwardly. This is going to get as awkward and abstract as everything else I ever made. Any input is appreciated. You and that one kids challenge made me re-download PS.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Magisterium View Post

I'm not really a fan of the texture either, I'm going to rework it later. What are your thoughts of adding some pipes coming out of the cogs? I was thinking of doodling in some intertwined pipes with steam and such. I'm going to make the colors of the hands match the numerals as well, they kinda stand out awkwardly. This is going to get as awkward and abstract as everything else I ever made. Any input is appreciated. You and that one kids challenge made me re-download PS.
    Yeah, still waiting on that challenge too. I think he bitched out.

Pipes would work, anything mechanical really.

I got some old steampunk shit I rendered like 3 years ago if you want to use it for anything.
    Not the greatest cuts as these were the first things I ever rendered, but feel free to do something with them if you like.

[IMG]https://i597.photobucke*****m/albums/tt55/Domesplitter/Steamspiderrender.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i597.photobucke*****m/albums/tt55/Domesplitter/SteamRender.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Yeah, still waiting on that challenge too. I think he bitched out.

Pipes would work, anything mechanical really.

I got some old steampunk shit I rendered like 3 years ago if you want to use it for anything.
    Not the greatest cuts as these were the first things I ever rendered, but feel free to do something with them if you like.

[IMG]https://i597.photobucke*****m/albums/tt55/Domesplitter/Steamspiderrender.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i597.photobucke*****m/albums/tt55/Domesplitter/SteamRender.png[/IMG]
    I appreciate it, Mr. James. I might try to incorporate the spider. I think the only skill that I retained from way back when was my rendering.