Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    implying windows xp is obsolete
    Compared to 7 or 8? It is. It's obviously still usable, but you can't really compare and OS that came out in 2001 with an OS that came out in 2009 or an OS that came out in 2012.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Ut
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Then why don't they just stick with Windows 7 if they're have such an issue with it. Honestly, I had only been using it for a few hours before I was used to it, but I guess that's because I'm young like you said. I mean, they have almost the same functionality work wise, why don't people just stick to 7? My lame ass school still runs on Windows XP. xD

Not every company can afford indefinite licensing. Some companies can only afford volume licensing, what happens when Microsoft will only offer windows 8 licenses. What happebs when Microsoft no longer offers support for 7. What happens when the software that a company relies is now only supported for windows 8. What happens if the company needs additional laptop and all they can get is windows 8. Its easy for you to say, stick to windows 7 but companies cant always stick to what they know, and theyll often have to upgrade just to avoid being further left behind. Before it wasnt too bad because there were only minor changes, but now its an absolute clusterfuck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Compared to 7 or 8? It is. It's obviously still usable, but you can't really compare and OS that came out in 2001 with an OS that came out in 2009 or an OS that came out in 2012.
    Most programs that are released now still run on XP, doesn't seem that obsolete.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Windows Vista was the last major operating system release. 7 and 8 are just minor updates to the same OS.
    You're confusing operating system releases with kernel releases which barely anybody cares about (not saying that kernel releases are unimportant but it barely plays a role in this thread).

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    UtNot every company can afford indefinite licensing. Some companies can only afford volume licensing, what happens when Microsoft will only offer windows 8 licenses. What happebs when Microsoft no longer offers support for 7. What happens when the software that a company relies is now only supported for windows 8. What happens if the company needs additional laptop and all they can get is windows 8. Its easy for you to say, stick to windows 7 but companies cant always stick to what they know, and theyll often have to upgrade just to avoid being further left behind. Before it wasnt too bad because there were only minor changes, but now its an absolute clusterfuck.
    Yeah, well, I forget these companies have to be all "legal" and shit. Used to either having my dad pick Windows up for free at his work or torrenting it.

Most programs that are released now still run on XP, doesn't seem that obsolete.
    Oh really? Try to find working drivers that don't have any issues with most modern day video cards.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456