Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    really? this cost 100$ wtf? sucks...

MPGH Member Since August 05th, 2012
    MPGH Donator Since March 18th, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Wasn't the concept of this thing made up by some 40+ year old woman...?

Thanks
    Fuck that shit, never gonna buy xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    and this is why I didn't support it on kickstarter
    previous name : simozh
    If you need help - PM me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I have no sympathy for anyone who invested in that shit. If I wanted an android console id plug my phone into an ac and game with that. Indie developers have a platform to release there shit, its called a pc. There was literally no market for this thing that wasnt already catered for. But people threw money at it because android and because indie.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Many phones these days have miniHDMI or dlna, so you can already game on a tv with many phones. Making ouya is like throwing poo at a market behind a brick wall.
    I only put money into it to be used as a linuxbox. I'm going to completely remove the firmware (which they give you the tools to do so), and put my custom OS on it. The reason I'm doing it is because the standard Linux box is shit for 50 bucks, anything higher end with the same power as the Ouya is over 200 bucks, so I'm just going to hack it.

The design of the console is crap, though it isn't being designed to compete with MS or Sony, so I don't know why people are thinking that. I think it will last only if they put out something else with it, something revolutionary, but I have my doubts. Right now, it's a good buy if you want a high end Linux box and don't want to pay the ridiculous prices some of them have.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    It would be cool if you could daisy chain together like 4 of them to milk out some threaded processing.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

I only put money into it to be used as a linuxbox. I'm going to completely remove the firmware (which they give you the tools to do so), and put my custom OS on it. The reason I'm doing it is because the standard Linux box is shit for 50 bucks, anything higher end with the same power as the Ouya is over 200 bucks, so I'm just going to hack it.

The design of the console is crap, though it isn't being designed to compete with MS or Sony, so I don't know why people are thinking that. I think it will last only if they put out something else with it, something revolutionary, but I have my doubts. Right now, it's a good buy if you want a high end Linux box and don't want to pay the ridiculous prices some of them have.
    I know people are comparing it to the PS3 and XBOX360 'n shit, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's a shitty console that has little to no purpose (and the same amount of games).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    10/10 would buy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitekillr View Post
    I know people are comparing it to the PS3 and XBOX360 'n shit, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's a shitty console that has little to no purpose (and the same amount of games).
    If you stop looking at it like it's advertised and look at the other possibilities with it, it's great. I can use it from anything as a smart TV box to a microcontroller for a much lower cost than others in the same tier. Yes, as a console it's shit, but as anything else it's fine. They even allow you to do whatever you want to the box, hacking, replacing firmware, etc. As a standalone console for people that aren't going to be doing anything but playing games, it's worthless.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    It would be cool if you could daisy chain together like 4 of them to milk out some threaded processing.
    You probably can. When I get mine I'll open it up and see what we can do with it, it may take a perfboard and some soldering but it's possible.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    pc master race
    looks good for hacking tho...
    Last edited by k0mrade; 04-05-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks
    Hey you say it only has 1gb RAM and it is A LOT PS3 has like 500mb of RAM so don't think it has a pice of shit of RAM

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    ​God damn it. I was looking forward to this shit too.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

If you stop looking at it like it's advertised and look at the other possibilities with it, it's great. I can use it from anything as a smart TV box to a microcontroller for a much lower cost than others in the same tier. Yes, as a console it's shit, but as anything else it's fine. They even allow you to do whatever you want to the box, hacking, replacing firmware, etc. As a standalone console for people that aren't going to be doing anything but playing games, it's worthless.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

You probably can. When I get mine I'll open it up and see what we can do with it, it may take a perfboard and some soldering but it's possible.
    The only problem is that the original intention of the Ouya was to play games on it. I understand it's better as a linux machine, but it can't even to what it was made to do well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast