Thread: Work out

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Pushups build biceps and shoulder muscles.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

I must disagree on the grounds that is depends on your weight. What is "moderate" to one person may be different for others, all dependent upon their own body weight. The human body can't tell the difference between using 30% of your muscle, and 90%. Therefore, using a moderate weight such as one 30lb dumbell per arm, will build more muscle due to increased lactic acid flow, as opposed to a few high mass lifts. You should indeed be able to lift your own weight, but using it as a normal routine is not as efficient as repetition.
    What builds more muscles – weight or repetitions? – The Chart - CNN.com Blogs
    The subject at hand is not about normal routine, it's about how to gain muscle from scratch. In other words he doesn't work out and he wants to gain muscle. I'm saying to bulk muscle like that this is what you should do. You are right about repetition I know that. For example a good work out would be 3 sets of 10 reps each, and if you're just starting building muscle then you should be having trouble with the last couple reps of each set. If you are flying through the lifting with no trouble you aren't doing enough and you will just be toning the muscle. I think that sums up my side of the argument.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I would not suggest asking for advice here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mrade View Post

The subject at hand is not about normal routine, it's about how to gain muscle from scratch. In other words he doesn't work out and he wants to gain muscle. I'm saying to bulk muscle like that this is what you should do. You are right about repetition I know that. For example a good work out would be 3 sets of 10 reps each, and if you're just starting building muscle then you should be having trouble with the last couple reps of each set. If you are flying through the lifting with no trouble you aren't doing enough and you will just be toning the muscle. I think that sums up my side of the argument.
    I used repetition to build muscle originally.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot

I used repetition to build muscle originally.
    Repetition is how you're supposed to build muscle everybody knows that. I'm simply telling how to bulk muscle the fastest and most efficient way. As a ectomorph myself, it is difficult to build muscle. Simple repetition could never do it for me, I assure you that. It would make me tone, but to actually gain weight by building muscle I would need to lift as much as I possibly can while still using some repetition. Lifting more than your body weight is the fastest way to bulk muscle. Don't believe what some health writer for CNN tells you about a Canadian study. If you want the truth listen to the body builders.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    A: your body will make muscle at times of day and if you eat good you'll never have to work out. chicken is very good for muscle gain. also you can lift all you want... did you know a famous bodybuilder never lifted a weight?? just flexed his muscles a lot. i have a great build and all i do is work.. i'm a carpenter and a mason.... this man will never sit in office. lol. you can do 2 things.... bulk up or be cut... heavy weights will bulk you up...(make bigger) and the light weight will give you cut. (girls be like droolin) maybe... lol
    oh yeah if you skinny and eat a lot but dont gain weight cause of motabulisium then best bet is to eat chicken beef and veggies and maybe some pasta. eat food that fills you and stays with you.. i eat candy onces every 3 months if i decide to.. i'm into this kinda stuff and have stuff for the big to get small with out working out. eat! lol hope this helps you in some way.. if not you're more then welcome to ask.... also look on facebook for bodybuilders and start to talk to them. some of them was a toothpick too. hahahaha.
    and i'm 5'4 at 147lbs and dont take supplements. buy the food that does the same. a man should eat like a man give me my meat and veggies please i will be back for 3rds if i did not eat it all in the 2nd time lol.
    Last edited by Mr-T; 04-11-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: was not finished

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Repetition is how you're supposed to build muscle everybody knows that. I'm simply telling how to bulk muscle the fastest and most efficient way. As a ectomorph myself, it is difficult to build muscle. Simple repetition could never do it for me, I assure you that. It would make me tone, but to actually gain weight by building muscle I would need to lift as much as I possibly can while still using some repetition. Lifting more than your body weight is the fastest way to bulk muscle. Don't believe what some health writer for CNN tells you about a Canadian study. If you want the truth listen to the body builders.
    I've been lifting for 7 years..I AM a bodybuilder. I can bench 275.
    You were seeking love.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Everybody know creatine is the only way to bulk. Drink 2 litres of creatine, eat a bowl of creatine, lift 100kg of creatine. This is the key to building muscle brah.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Lol daum.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    call out lehysrus.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post

Lol daum.
    But you has dat MMA ninja skillzorz. I doesn't knowz how to fight, other than throwin punchies.
    You were seeking love.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

But you has dat MMA ninja skillzorz. I doesn't knowz how to fight, other than throwin punchies.
    I know a bit of MMA, but I'm very frail. Strength would be awesome.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

I bet his skill won't mean shit if you come at him with a 250 pound bar.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post

I know a bit of MMA, but I'm very frail. Strength would be awesome.
    It's not as good as you would think in a fight. It means nothing if your opponent is quick and can dodge.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I bet his skill won't mean shit if you come at him with a 250 pound bar.
    He could dodge it
    You were seeking love.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot

Is this supposed to help your argument? The thing is my body's characteristics are very similar to the OP's and I'm giving advice based on what worked for me. However your body's characteristics are obviously very far from mine or the OP's so I don't see what you're doing arguing my advice because of what worked for you.
    Explain yourself...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast