Thanks

Arrow [GUIDE] What is Latency/Ping

INTRODUCTION
    Firstly, this will be a professional like 'read' for all the people who dont have an understanding for Ping AKA Latency. This should provide a better understanding for anyone who knows about ping, or someone who is completly dumbfounded and dont even know what ping is. Please dont say 'This was posted before you choob'. I dont think thiers will be as indepth as mine. So stfu and read.

WHAT THE is PING?
    Ping, also more uncommonly known as Latency is (I quote from Wiki);
    Code:
    In various network multiplayer games, the server notes the time it requires for a game packet to reach a client and a response to be received. This round-trip time is usually reported as the player's 'ping'. It is used as an effective measurement of the player's latency, with lower ping times being desirable. Note that this style of ping typically does not use ICMP packets.
    Put simply, it is the time that Your client sends a packet to the server and back again, and is noted as 'ping'. Ping is influenced by your client location (The spot where your computer client is sending information from) the top speed, and realtime speed of your internet and other environmental influences. In games, the higher the ping, the higher the delay. However, there are two types of delay. I call them Ghost, and Lag delays. A ghost delay is where you, or the other person is lagging and your client is placing the person AHEAD of realtime. This occurs in Team Fortress 2 as you can kill a heavy that ran past a corner. Lag delays are delays in the packets being sent, and your 'bullets' take a while for them to spawn and be processed to apply damage. This applies to Crossfire, as you could snipe someone however the person may not recieve dmg.

HOW DO I CHECK MY PING?

A simple test from speedtest.net can test your ping.
    I performed a test to K. Lumpur in Malaysia.
    (Laptop speedtest, ping usually like 150)
    Ping: 291 ms
    DL rate: 1.2mbs
    UP rate: 0.2mbs

To test for servers such as crossfire, you must find out where the servers are loctated and find the closest host to the crossfire host. and it should give you a good approximate.

HOW DO I MAKE MY PING LOWER?
    There are many ways to make your ping a less substantial and impacting one.
    Firstly, by default, laptops have a 40-100 ping increase due to Wireless. If you use cable, its 10-50 more. (Or less if your smart enough). To reduce Laptop or Iphone wireless lag, you require BOTH transmitter and reciever to be N series to be able to transmit at gaming speed. G routers and recievers have less capacity to trasmit, therefore increasing your latency even more.

(PC ONLY) Your internet will, increase by 800-1500 MS if ONE laptop is connected to the WiFi network. They dont even need to play cards on the net. If they do, your ping goes up even more. Ask them to read a Adult magazine or watch grass grow.

Get a better internet plan that increases your top speed.

Do not torrent or download while playing. It reduces to amount you can transmit packets

Exit out of Social networking such as mIRC, MSN, AIM and close down explorers such FF, IE, OPERA and safari.

Turn off Voice chat, then you download voice over VOIP and upload voice over VOIP.

Turn off virus scanners as they can scan your incoming packets and increase your ping.

Hacks can increase your ping, and you should know it. Rofl.

Use google to find more ideas. Im tired of typing. Will update later on today when im on the PC. Feel free to Thank me. If you believe i am wrong in one of points of infomation, please PM me and not post it. I will look it up and attempt to fix right away. Sorry if my English isnt perfect, English is my second language.

Credits;
    Wikipedia
    Speedtest.net
    Myself (Experience mostly)
    Google

(Mods read; This was made specifically for the CF Hack thread, as there was continous Ping and Lag threads, Please dont move away from this area)
    Last edited by Evilipod; 07-09-2009 at 03:10 AM.
    PING GUIDE
    JUNE CROSSFIRE HACK TUTORIALS FOR BOTH PUBLIC AND USER RELEASE
    Remember to use the Thanks button if someone helped You

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Evilipod For This Useful Post:

-Viper- (07-18-2009),bbrody3 (07-18-2009),Dreamer.JR (07-18-2009),eeveeloution (07-18-2009),gurjaipalkhokhar95 (04-25-2011),havelots56 (07-18-2009),lostvictor (07-18-2009),octavio007 (07-09-2009),pouler32 (10-12-2010),SHOUMIK993435 (08-06-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    not useful keep things simple or else people get bored

Like so:

Ping tells whether u r laggy or not Higher ping the laggier u r. 0 ping ur a god. 500 ping ur a laggy f*ck (dont wanna get ban) wanna lower ur ping stop stealin ur neighbors internet

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    nice guide. should help out some people.
    [IMG]https://i1202.photobucke*****m/albums/bb368/adnyana179a/HalaMadrid.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilipod View Post
    INTRODUCTION
    Firstly, this will be a professional like 'read' for all the people who dont have an understanding for Ping AKA Latency. This should provide a better understanding for anyone who knows about ping, or someone who is completly dumbfounded and dont even know what ping is. Please dont say 'This was posted before you choob'. I dont think thiers will be as indepth as mine. So stfu and read.

WHAT THE is PING?
    Ping, also more uncommonly known as Latency is (I quote from Wiki);
    Code:
    In various network multiplayer games, the server notes the time it requires for a game packet to reach a client and a response to be received. This round-trip time is usually reported as the player's 'ping'. It is used as an effective measurement of the player's latency, with lower ping times being desirable. Note that this style of ping typically does not use ICMP packets.
    Put simply, it is the time that Your client sends a packet to the server and back again, and is noted as 'ping'. Ping is influenced by your client location (The spot where your computer client is sending information from) the top speed, and realtime speed of your internet and other environmental influences. In games, the higher the ping, the higher the delay. However, there are two types of delay. I call them Ghost, and Lag delays. A ghost delay is where you, or the other person is lagging and your client is placing the person AHEAD of realtime. This occurs in Team Fortress 2 as you can kill a heavy that ran past a corner. Lag delays are delays in the packets being sent, and your 'bullets' take a while for them to spawn and be processed to apply damage. This applies to Crossfire, as you could snipe someone however the person may not recieve dmg.

HOW DO I CHECK MY PING?

A simple test from speedtest.net can test your ping.
    I performed a test to K. Lumpur in Malaysia.
    (Laptop speedtest, ping usually like 150)
    Ping: 291 ms
    DL rate: 1.2mbs
    UP rate: 0.2mbs

To test for servers such as crossfire, you must find out where the servers are loctated and find the closest host to the crossfire host. and it should give you a good approximate.

HOW DO I MAKE MY PING LOWER?
    There are many ways to make your ping a less substantial and impacting one.
    Firstly, by default, laptops have a 40-100 ping increase due to Wireless. If you use cable, its 10-50 more. (Or less if your smart enough). To reduce Laptop or Iphone wireless lag, you require BOTH transmitter and reciever to be N series to be able to transmit at gaming speed. G routers and recievers have less capacity to trasmit, therefore increasing your latency even more.

(PC ONLY) Your internet will, increase by 800-1500 MS if ONE laptop is connected to the WiFi network. They dont even need to play cards on the net. If they do, your ping goes up even more. Ask them to read a Adult magazine or watch grass grow.

Get a better internet plan that increases your top speed.

Do not torrent or download while playing. It reduces to amount you can transmit packets

Exit out of Social networking such as mIRC, MSN, AIM and close down explorers such FF, IE, OPERA and safari.

Turn off Voice chat, then you download voice over VOIP and upload voice over VOIP.

Turn off virus scanners as they can scan your incoming packets and increase your ping.

Hacks can increase your ping, and you should know it. Rofl.

Use google to find more ideas. Im tired of typing. Will update later on today when im on the PC. Feel free to Thank me. If you believe i am wrong in one of points of infomation, please PM me and not post it. I will look it up and attempt to fix right away. Sorry if my English isnt perfect, English is my second language.

Credits;
    Wikipedia
    Speedtest.net
    Myself (Experience mostly)
    Google
    And why do we need this and make it not so long ok and boring

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan517 View Post
    not useful keep things simple or else people get bored

Like so:

Ping tells whether u r laggy or not Higher ping the laggier u r. 0 ping ur a god. 500 ping ur a laggy f*ck (dont wanna get ban) wanna lower ur ping stop stealin ur neighbors internet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikez56 View Post
    And why do we need this and make it not so long ok and boring
    The reason this was DETAILED, and LONG is because it is actually more USEFUL than the other threads. The other threads were like
    'Ur ping iz ur internet speed'
    and
    '2 l0w3r ping, jus turn off any program not used.'

Your not forced to read ALL it, Thats why there were sections to it, so you only need to read what you need to. This was meant to be a big thread, so it could possibly answer all your questions. If I wanted to make BIG guide, it would have taken 2 posts instead of one.
    PING GUIDE

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    WTF DUDE!!!!!!! U STUPID NOOB, I ALREADY POSTED SOMETHING LIKE THING, U SHOULD BE BANNED!!!! U JUST COPIED MEE!!!! STUPID FUKING NOOB!!!! I HATE U!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper905 View Post
    WTF DUDE!!!!!!! U STUPID NOOB, I ALREADY POSTED SOMETHING LIKE THING, U SHOULD BE BANNED!!!! U JUST COPIED MEE!!!! STUPID FUKING NOOB!!!! I HATE U!!!!
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/175-crossf...bout_ping.html

You mean this? Firstly, Dont flame, Its a bannable offence.
    Secondly, I see that i copied VERY little of your Thread. Mine has little or no spelling errors, More detail and more information that is correct. You included opinions that 100 ping is good, Which can be true or false. Not to mention your definition of 'Ping' is incorrect. Ping is the time that a packet of information such as player location takes to make a round trip. I hadn't even seen your thread (Which was on page 3).
    PING GUIDE

Thanks
    Iam 1-20 pings O.O is that good?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by bobs__bees View Post
    Iam 1-20 pings O.O is that good?
    really good.
    [IMG]https://i1202.photobucke*****m/albums/bb368/adnyana179a/HalaMadrid.png[/IMG]