Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Boot up Windows before you even log in.

BrainFuel ? Boot up Windows before you even log in

I ripped this article from Thomas Chapin from his blog above cuz it seemed so neat that i didn't want to loose it. His blog has been kind of beat up after the Digg story hit.

so here it is....btw: i don't have anything to do with this and haven't tested it so if you system goes heels up...sorry...but i don't know how to fix it other than restore the copy of the registry you made BEFORE you did this ;0)

If you don’t use any Windows XP login security, then you can skip this article. Otherwise, if you are like many Windows XP users who have to enter a password every time their computer sluggishly boots up, then read this!

Ok. Here’s the scenario:

You have to wait 2 minutes while your computer turns on. You have to sit in front of your computer during this whole time because once it finally gets to the login screen, you have to type in the password. The computer then crunches numbers for another 2 minutes while it loads a wide variety of programs (MSN messenger, your Norton Antivirus, your Microsoft Office shortcut bar, etc…). Finally, after like 5 minutes, you have access to your desktop.

How would you like your computer to load all those programs *before* you ever have to enter your password? You could press the button to power up your system and go get a cup of coffee. Five minutes later, you come to your desk and type in your password. BAM! Instantly dropped to the desktop! Your programs are already running and all systems are a go!

Here’s how to do it:
    Download Microsoft’s free TweakUI tool and install it.
    Click your Start button, go to your Programs menu, and select Tweak UI from the “Powertoys for Windows XP” folder.
    In the TweakUI window, double-click the “Logon” item in the left-hand column to expand it.
    Click on the “Autologon” item underneath the “Logon” section.
    Check the box that says “Log on automatically at system startup”
    Click the “Set Password” button and enter in your windows login password
    Click OK and close Tweak UI.
    Download this .reg file and run it. When it asks you if you want to merge it with your registry, choose “Yes”.

NOTE: If you feel queasy about merging a reg file with your registry, you can also add it by hand. Go to Start > Run and type in “regedit” and press OK. Browse to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run] and create a new String Value. Name it “Lock Computer on Startup“, and set the value to “rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation“

Presto! You’re done!

Now, when you boot up your computer, it will automatically log you in to your desktop and start up your programs. However, it will still secure your system, requiring you to enter your password to access it.
    Pretty nice, prolly gonna try it.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Dead Bones Brook (05-05-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Only newbs use passwords.

Mine boots up fine, but it has that gay CLICK ON YOUR USERNAME, when there is only one fucking XP account on my computer. What the hell are they thinking?

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

4. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i use passwords to protect it from my sister

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paolo1993 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce
    Mine boots up fine, but it has that gay CLICK ON YOUR USERNAME, when there is only one fucking XP account on my computer. What the hell are they thinking?
    Mine had that too, I think it stopped after I got a new Update... One day it just went straight in to my desktop :P

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OutZida For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I never thought of this - but I can see the way it works.

It logs you on, then effectively presses "switch user", so the progs are loading! Excellent!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to score_under For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce
    Only newbs use passwords.

i read an tutorial on how to fix that.. but forgot where it was, if i find it again i'll post it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WacKer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That's because you DON'T just have one username on your computer. You also have the Administrator account, and if you were too stupid to disable it, the guest account. You can log into these manually by hold down ctrl and alt, then pressing delete twice at the point where you click on your username, then entering the account name into the box that pops up...I think. Havn't done it in a while. I seem to remember the Administrator account (make sure the A is capital) coming without a password as the default. Yes, you can make it so it logs into an account automatically, but that's making it PICK one and log in automatically, not skip a needless step.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zededarian For This Useful Post: