Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by mainaltmulee View Post
    i still dont undestand about point 2.
    if a client can be coded with noclip (for arguments sake, im calling it noclip), then why not a bot? isnt a bot just a kind of client on autopilot?

please explain more. i might take up making bots/clients this summer (bored as fuck, no job)
    You are joking right? The whole thread was about why you can't make a wallhack in bots. For the last time: it's because you can only disable collision detection where there is collision detection. The term "collision" does not exist in a bot (because no-one actually created such a thing, and if you created it you would not want to make a hack to disable it). How can you disable something that does not exist?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DatCoder For This Useful Post:

eth0nic (05-11-2013),JustAnoobROTMG (05-22-2013)

Thanks
    ah, ok. so a bot is a stripped down "something" that does not have collision detection code. correct?
    also, in a noclip client, you disable collision detection, correct?

Thanks
    Your Flash client and a bot have one thing in common: they move around by sending x/y values to the server.

The Flash client was programmed to stop in front of walls because it loads the information about what objects are walls and what tiles can be walked over from the XML file.

A bot does not use the XML file (at least not by default) and does not know where and when to stop. It moves wherever you send it. Eventually it will get kicked by the server for doing "unallowed" things too often because the server keeps track about how long/often you walk through walls and over "noWalk" tiles ...

So you can not make a bot doing "noclip" because it is default behavior. You would need to implement walls in your bot so you can make it noclip by removing the same code ... which is just pointless.

And yes you can make the Flash client to show a "noclip" behavior. There are several ways to do that. Change the XML config. Change the XML config on load time. Change the check for "noWalk" objects in the collision detection, etc. ...
    Last edited by eth0nic; 05-11-2013 at 10:51 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eth0nic For This Useful Post:

mainaltmulee (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    well, it seems to me that you are over-complicating the matter.

just say that yes, bots have no clip. (what is required for noclip? ability to ignore walls! ergo, bots have noclip)
    ok, i have understood what you are trying to say.

Thanks
    The question was how to implement noclip with bots. And that makes no sense. That is what DatCoder and myself have pointed out ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12