Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Why Muslims eat halal meat?

Thanks
    Do you guys get off from making poor animals suffer? It's disgusting what you put the poor creatures through for this terrible "ritual". The amount of pain they go through, yeah fuck that. Disgusting and barbaric.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (10-04-2012)

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I'm sorry, anyone who shuns bacon is damned to hell for all eternity.

God said so himself.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

God said so himself.
    Sauce Boss (pbuh)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

God said so himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Sauce Boss (pbuh)
    And on the first day, the Bro created Bacon, and he said fuck yes. It is good. ~ The book of the Bro, Chapter Epic, Sub-Chapter Awesome.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Empire (10-05-2012),[MPGH]Ethereal (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    If you disagree with bacon you are a terrorist.

سبحان الله وبحمدة سبحان الله العظيم
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Do you guys get off from making poor animals suffer? It's disgusting what you put the poor creatures through for this terrible "ritual". The amount of pain they go through, yeah fuck that. Disgusting and barbaric.
    there is rules that the prophet commanded us to do with the animals we can eat before slaughtering :

All lawful land animals should be slaughtered in compliance with the following requirements:
    - The slaughterman should be a Muslim who is mentally sound and knowledgeable of the Islamic slaughtering procedures.
    - The animal to be slaughtered should be lawful.
    - The animal to be slaughtered should be alive or deemed to be alive at the time of slaughtering.
    - Water should be placed before an animal before slaughtering it.
    - The head and front of the animal should be directed towards Qibla. (i.e towards Makkah)*
    - The phrase "Bismillah Allahu Akbar" (in the name of Allah, Allah is the Greatest) should be invoked during slaughtering.
    - The slaughtering device should be sharp and should not be lifted off the animal during the slaughter act.
    - The slaughter act should sever the trachea, oesophagus and main arteries and veins of the neck region.
    - The animal must not be stunned, anaesthetized or otherwise rendered wholly or partilly insensible before slaughter. It must be fully conscious when it is slaughtered.**

and thats how you slaughter a pig :

And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of Allah will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSpot View Post
    there is rules that the prophet commanded us to do with the animals we can eat before slaughtering :

All lawful land animals should be slaughtered in compliance with the following requirements:
    - The slaughterman should be a Muslim who is mentally sound and knowledgeable of the Islamic slaughtering procedures.
    - The animal to be slaughtered should be lawful.
    - The animal to be slaughtered should be alive or deemed to be alive at the time of slaughtering.
    - Water should be placed before an animal before slaughtering it.
    - The head and front of the animal should be directed towards Qibla. (i.e towards Makkah)*
    - The phrase "Bismillah Allahu Akbar" (in the name of Allah, Allah is the Greatest) should be invoked during slaughtering.
    - The slaughtering device should be sharp and should not be lifted off the animal during the slaughter act.
    - The slaughter act should sever the trachea, oesophagus and main arteries and veins of the neck region.
    - The animal must not be stunned, anaesthetized or otherwise rendered wholly or partilly insensible before slaughter. It must be fully conscious when it is slaughtered.**

and thats how you slaughter a pig :

The methods of slaughtering your people use slices through the corotid arteries in the neck, yet leave the spinal cord intact.

The ritual method of slaughter as practiced in Islam and Judaism has been described as inhumane by some animal welfare organizations in the U.K. and the U.S. who have stated that it "causes severe suffering to animals.".[19][20]

In 1978, a study incorporating EEG (electroencephalograph) with electrodes surgically implanted on the skull of 17 sheep and 15 calves, and conducted by Wilhelm Schulze et al. at the University of Veterinary Medicine in Germany concluded that "the slaughter in the form of a ritual cut is, if carried out properly, painless in sheep and calves according to EEG recordings and the missing defensive actions" (of the animals) and that "For sheep, there were in part severe reactions both in bloodletting cut and the pain stimuli" when captive bolt stunning (CBS) was used.[21][22] This study is cited by the German Constitutional Court in its permitting of dhabiha slaughtering.[23] However, recent studies have countered the Schulze study which is dated and relied on older EEG measurement techniques. Dr. Schulze himself also warned in his report that the stunning technique may not have functioned properly.[24]

In 2003, the Farm Animal Welfare Council (FAWC), an independent advisory group, concluded that the way halal and kosher meat is produced causes severe suffering to animals. FAWC argued that cattle required up to two minutes to bleed to death when such means are employed. The Chairperson of FAWC at the time, Judy MacArthur Clark, added, "this is a major incision into the animal and to say that it doesn't suffer is quite ridiculous."

Halal and kosher butchers deny that their method of killing animals is cruel and expressed anger over the FAWC recommendation.[20] Majid Katme of the Muslim Council of Britain also disagreed, stating that "it's a sudden and quick haemorrhage. A quick loss of blood pressure and the brain is instantaneously starved of blood and there is no time to start feeling any pain."[20] The Ph.D work of Dr. Pouillaude concluded: "religious slaughter would thus be a less stressing mode of slaughter. Conclusions of all the scientific experiments converge towards a firmly supported certainty: properly carried out, religious slaughter is the most humane way because it leads to less trauma to animals to be killed to be consumed for its meat". [25]

In April 2008, the Food and Farming minister in the UK, Lord Rooker, stated that halal and kosher meat should be labeled when it is put on sale, so that members of the public can decide whether or not they want to buy food from animals that have been bled to death. He was quoted as saying, "I object to the method of slaughter ... my choice as a customer is that I would want to buy meat that has been looked after, and slaughtered in the most humane way possible." The RSPCA supported Lord Rooker's views."[26]

For the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the Humane Society International, "the animals that are slaughtered according to kosher and halal should be securely restrained, particularly the head and neck, before cutting the throat" as "movements (during slaughter) results in a poor cut, bad bleeding, slow loss of consciousness, if at all, and pain."[27]

In Europe, the DIALREL project addressed religious slaughter issues by gathering and disseminating information and by encouraging dialogue between the spiritual and scientific communities.[28] Funding for DIALREL was provided by The European Commission, and it began functioning in November 2006. DIALREL produced many fact sheets and ultimately published a final report in 2010, "Report on good and adverse practices - Animal welfare concerns in relation to slaughter practices from the viewpoint of veterinary sciences."

Certain Muslim and Jewish communities expressed frustration with the process of dialogue skewed for non-religious audiences.[29][30][31]
    I mean come on man, there is PROOF it makes them suffer. Their pain receptors are on the fritz when they're butchered like that. It's not right.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    The methods of slaughtering your people use slices through the corotid arteries in the neck, yet leave the spinal cord intact.
    Slicing his neck with a VERY sharp object will directly cut the arteries and stop providing oxygen to the brain, so he will feel nothing.
    Clearly in the video the pig was terrified, he was shocked twice after putting two painful metals through his skull. Thats not painful at all... *sarcasm*

Everything in Islam is perfect, even the punishments on the disbelievers, thiefs, and who commit adultery.
    And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of Allah will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.

Thanks
    Slicing his neck with a VERY sharp object will directly cut the arteries and stop providing oxygen to the brain, so he will feel nothing.
    Clearly in the video the pig was terrified, he was shocked twice after putting two painful metals through his skull. Thats not painful at all... *sarcasm*

Everything in Islam is perfect, even the punishments on the disbelievers, thiefs, and who commit adultery.
    There are medical studies which have proven this to be false, hence the reason I posted what I did. They did an EKG on the animals and performed the exact same methods of slaughtering the animals as the whole "halal" method/ritual (honestly I don't know what to call it) and the nerve synapse in the portions of the animals brains that register pain were off the charts. I'd say that proves you wrong.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

There are medical studies which have proven this to be false, hence the reason I posted what I did. They did an EKG on the animals and performed the exact same methods of slaughtering the animals as the whole "halal" method/ritual (honestly I don't know what to call it) and the nerve synapse in the portions of the animals brains that register pain were off the charts. I'd say that proves you wrong.
    Come on now, post the source.

Also, why does the cattle calm down when you say the name of God? and stop resisting?

Thanks
    Come on now, post the source.

Also, why does the cattle calm down when you say the name of God? and stop resisting?
    Animals feel the pain of religious slaughter - science-in-society - 13 October 2009 - New Scientist

Look up a few studies by FAWC. Also, that argument "there is no blood going to the brain, and in being so there is no oxygen going to the brain depriving the animal of its senses" is completely false. If you know anything about biology, you know that each animals internal systems operate different. Slicing a sheeps neck may cause it to bleed out and die in seconds, though for cattle it can take up to 2 minutes for them to bleed out. The lack of oxygen also isn't effective immediately. A living organism can live without oxygen, especially that of an animal, for anywhere between 1-3 minutes before feeling any kind of sedative effect. The nerve synapse for pain operates at the speed of an electrical impulse, as that is what they are. This means that even if the brain was starved of oxygen, the pain receptors would still perceive the pain and register it before the animal felt the effects of asphyxiation.

All common sense. All basic biology. Don't give me you copy+paste answers and actually look into the biological functions of an animal before giving me that crap. The only people who say "oxygen is deprived from the brain so they feel no pain" are Muslims, no reputable doctor/vet has said that and never will because it's bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I see Muslims sacrifice animals just like they do humans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast