Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

So... The Many-Universe Interpretation.

Okay, please. No hate on this post, i am extremely curious about this topic and everywhere i read about it is very unclear or they go into the depths of Quantum Mechanics.

I'm 15 and going into my last 3 years of school, i am not a science genius or anything like that but i do understand some concepts. I get great marks in science but I just want to know more... Stuff my teachers cant tell me because it's "Not to be taught to you're age group" or "Too complicated" so now that you have a rough idea of where i'm at with this subject it should help you with a better response.

Well, I just finished BioShock Infinite (Fucking spectacular game may I add) I stayed up most of my night researching into the ending (Approx 3 hours of reading into it) before I fully understood it. Then I began work on the "Many-Universe Interpretation" theory, which fascinates me to no end may i add. So what I would like to know is a few things.

1. Is this theory actually feasible / real?

2. So if i am understanding it correctly does the theory suggest that there are multiple universes (Possibly infinite) that have a different outcome of an event from another universe? (Example, In one universe Hitler would have won the war, while in the another he lost and suicides, while in another he lives and loses etc etc. So does this theory suggest that each universe has a different outcome for each event like in my example)

3. how does this change how people who believe in this view "death / the afterlife"? (Do they think that once they die they go on to live their life in another universe where they make opposite choices to what they made in the previous life and live the same world but altered by the choices people have made?)

If anyone has any ideas on where I would post something like this if you guys dont have the answers, please let me know.
    Me and Marceline are married :3 Bitches be jelly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    ​There is no determinate answer to the theory's feasibility as our ignorance to the universe around us is simply too profound.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    We cannot find out these questions since we don't have the technology to do so. These are just theory's but there are no actual proof of their existence, *Not saying that they don't exist* Note, I do also ask myself these questions too, also wonder what is life, why are we even here, and how the universe works.

Thanks
    Its an idea. Something thought up as a possibility by people who like to wonder about the universe. Kind of like a big what if realization while high. There is no reason to believe that this would be a real scenario other than the fact that nothing points to it being not the scenario. There is a plethora of these ideas floating around, but they are nothing more than just cool what if theories.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartview For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (04-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiolest View Post
    We cannot find out these questions since we don't have the technology to do so. These are just theory's but there are no actual proof of their existence, *Not saying that they don't exist* Note, I do also ask myself these questions too, also wonder what is life, why are we even here, and how the universe works.
    I didn't even think about the possibilities till I played this game and it opened up my eyes to real possibilities in the world and that there is to much mistory and as @Aborted said ignorance to what is around us.
    I have spent most of my pondering over how little we know of what is around us and why we are here, what is the meaning of our existence? etc etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    SuperBadassExtraordinaire says (5:53 PM):
    babysitting is ghey
    Corndog says (5:53 PM):
    ur ghey
    Baron De Montesquieu..Wtf? [Czar] says (5:53 PM):
    you're a breaded hotdog

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by PyrexxHero® View Post
    Son of a bitch, I was going to post that video
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by PyrexxHero® View Post
    Absolutely amazing video. Easily understood and really informative.

How would one test the "Many Worlds" theory? It's not like they could interact with the other universe/world?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    about death/afterlife.

if you die you'll be remain dead until God resurrect your body and ever single dead human, to begin the Judgment day.
    Were people will go to hell or heaven depends on what everyone was doing at their living days on earth, (good or evil).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to -Lame For This Useful Post:

noob555 (04-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlogicalSloth View Post
    Absolutely amazing video. Easily understood and really informative.
    How would one test the "Many Worlds" theory? It's not like they could interact with the other universe/world?
    Most likely through quantum mechanics
    The only way we would be able to access other universe is by entering their dimension, which would require us to find a hole or make one in the space-time fabric
    May cause paradox which kills everyone, so our best would only be detecting it, and that's if we can

Quote Originally Posted by -Lame View Post
    about death/afterlife.
    if you die you'll be remain dead until God resurrect your body and ever single dead human, to begin the Judgment day.
    Were people will go to hell or heaven depends on what everyone was doing at their living days on earth, (good or evil).
    Scientific hypotheses instead of superstitions please
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 666HiddenMaster666 For This Useful Post:

UnlogicalSloth (04-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

Most likely through quantum mechanics
    The only way we would be able to access other universe is by entering their dimension, which would require us to find a hole or make one in the space-time fabric
    May cause paradox which kills everyone, so our best would only be detecting it, and that's if we can.
    Why would a paradox kill everyone?
    Is that not just a hole which opens up to another part of time?"
    Is it a risk of implosion/ explosion?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Look at the sword.
    Now Back to this text.

Repeat and you'll see how many times I couldn't give a ^#^# about multiple universes.

Thanks
    String Theory bruh, look into String Theory.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Actually, now that I think about it, a paradox might not happen, unless there are infinite universes where paradoxes do happen, which mean eventually that it would reach us. However, if that's the case, then shouldn't it also mean that there are infinite universes where the paradoxes do not happen? Kinda goes into a forever loop there.
    Sorta like dividing like zero.

Thanks
    Well, consider it like this. The only possible explanation for the Big Bang Theory is if another universe leached it's energy into a newly formed universe at a tremendous rate. The sudden flow of energy would ultimate cause an explosion out of nothing, if you will. A dying universe may suck back into itself at the ending stages and create a paradox leech into a new universe, causing everything involved to be compressed into a single point and then expand into everything as would be known. Nothing could ever survive that.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

UnlogicalSloth (04-25-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast