Thread: Shoplifting

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Commanderr View Post
    In my case they never bothered to check the cameras. I just put the item down and walk out of the store..
    Well, you my friend got lucky. Kudos to you, because fuck the system and fuck corperations. xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    It hurts how similar our situations are.

I had been stealing Yu-Gi-Oh cards with my friend from MANY different places for like 2 years before November, then I got caught. :S

Only because we hit the same place for the third time in a row, it's alright, overall from all the different places, I stole over 1.5k $ worth of stuff. (Cards or not).

The consequences differ from place to place, where I live, since I'm only 16, I got off with a "warning". A non-criminal charge was placed on my record, but it can only really be seen by the police and it's only in my province. It doesn't appear on most broad searches either. So it's not that bad, only thing is I had to stop. Can't get caught with that shit again, or then serious shit's going down.

Just moderate yourself, and do NOT, EVER, hit the same place more than once.

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

False, yes they can. If they catch you with the goods on you and have video or picture evidence to support their claim, you're fucked. Unless you manage to run and get away, but if they actually stop you, you're fucked.
    do you think they'll come looking for me? one guy was kinda sorta watching me, but he made no move to call me out.
    Still love you Giggletron

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftdude View Post
    do you think they'll come looking for me? one guy was kinda sorta watching me, but he made no move to call me out.
    They DO in-fact have people in the store JUST to check and see if people are shop-lifting. That's an ACTUAL job. So don't feel that you're "just paranoid", chances are that guy did think you were stealing and did work for them. They pretend to be normal customers.

I mean, it depends how much you stole, and how far away you live from the store. If you're more than a few blocks away, you should be fine. I would recommend not stepping foot in that store for a while though, just a tip.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    They DO in-fact have people in the store JUST to check and see if people are shop-lifting. That's an ACTUAL job. So don't feel that you're "just paranoid", chances are that guy did think you were stealing and did work for them. They pretend to be normal customers.

I mean, it depends how much you stole, and how far away you live from the store. If you're more than a few blocks away, you should be fine. I would recommend not stepping foot in that store for a while though, just a tip.
    He was the jeweler there. and I live 20 minutes away.

Thanks
    I foyu're going to steal something, steal something good atleast jeeze
    edit: brother used to steal and sell sweets and he got arrested. Will always be on his criminal record. Think about it.
    Also got banned from the shop ?(Tesco) for a year
    Last edited by HalfBajan; 04-27-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    Find my latest releases on my YT:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

They usually wait until you make a move to exit the store, where they have actual evidence that you planned on stealing the item in question. If he didn't call you out at all, he probably was just a normal customer. I used to work in Theft Prevention at my local K-Mart and that's how we went about it, wait until you try to leave, then move in.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    He was the jeweler there. and I live 20 minutes away.
    Hmm...I still think you should be fine, just try to avoid the store. Make your parents go to the jeweler if you really need to. I mean, I guess you can go back in a month or two, just try to lay low even then. :S Not much else I can say, I don't know if they know about you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    I foyu're going to steal something, steal something good atleast jeeze
    You have NO right to dictate what is or isn't "something good to steal".

Thanks
    Hmm...I still think you should be fine, just try to avoid the store. Make your parents go to the jeweler if you really need to. I mean, I guess you can go back in a month or two, just try to lay low even then. :S Not much else I can say, I don't know if they know about you or not.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT A FUCKING JOKE IS YOU RETARD?
    Find my latest releases on my YT:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HalfBajan For This Useful Post:

Spaghetti Master (04-27-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

They usually wait until you make a move to exit the store, where they have actual evidence that you planned on stealing the item in question. If he didn't call you out at all, he probably was just a normal customer. I used to work in Theft Prevention at my local K-Mart and that's how we went about it, wait until you try to leave, then move in.
    I feel like I'm fine then, and last thing, it's a fairly heavily populated by minorities and is stolen from quite often.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    DO YOU KNOW WHAT A FUCKING JOKE IS YOU RETARD?

I feel like I'm fine then, and last thing, it's a fairly heavily populated by minorities and is stolen from quite often.
    Good good, no one expects the white kid. One time me and my friend were hitting a place for the second time, and after we got our shit, dumped the wrappers and etc (because we were in a hurry), and were walking out. We heard a black guy getting blamed for stealing them and being asking "WHY DID YOU STEAL THESE, WHY ARE THESE WRAPPERS ALL OVER THE FLOOR?!" and stuff, was kind of fucking funny.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 04-27-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Good good, no one expects the white kid. One time me and my friend were hitting a place for the second time, and after we got out shit, dumped the wrappers and etc (because we were in a hurry), and were walking out. We heard a black guy getting blamed for stealing them and being asking "WHY DID YOU STEAL THESE, WHY ARE THESE WRAPPERS ALL OVER THE FLOOR?!" and stuff, was kind of fucking funny.
    Well I've hit the place 3 times. lightly all 3 times, a pack or 2 here and there. got out fine every time. made eye contact with the jeweler guy twice

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well I've hit the place 3 times. lightly all 3 times, a pack or 2 here and there. got out fine every time. made eye contact with the jeweler guy twice
    Like I said, repetition is your WORST enemy. I would honestly recommend NOT going back to that store for a while, just to be safe. But maybe that's just me. :S

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Like I said, repetition is your WORST enemy. I would honestly recommend NOT going back to that store for a while, just to be safe. But maybe that's just me. :S
    I'm not, there's like 4 other walmarts I can go to. and is it best to take the foil off the cards? and when I rip off the foil I normally hide the wrappers behind stuff. that good?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    if you get caught stealing in walmart or any other place by anyone other than an actual law enforcement officer do not comply, simply walk out of the store. if they attempt to grab you, or use any means of force you have the right to defend yourself, that can be striking back, running, etc.
    i have experience believe don't do what they say just simply leave right then when you get caught and you're free.
    The One and Only...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    walmart security is gonna get you.
    Crossfire Minion: 28 October 2010
    Official Middleman: 20 September 2012
    Trusted Member: 15 February 2013
    Official Middleman: 11 April 2013
    Official Middleman: 10 January 2015
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Global Moderator: 25 December 2012