Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Thumbs up Money-making tips

If I have helped you, please thank and rep me

I am an experience runescape player- I have had many different runescape accounts and have learned many things along the way. The only things I don't know much or anything at all about are the new updates, such as new quests, minigames, equipment, etc.

Anyways, here are a few good tips for making money in runescape:

~Non-Members~

- Gather cow hides either by killing them or going to a crowded world and collecting cow hides from the ground that players don't pick up.

- Take 26 Rune essence or the member's essence ( I can't remember the name ) and go to the air running world and go to falador and run air runes

- Kill moss giants for their expensive drops, mainly big bones because they are numerous (Members pick up any seeds! They stack and you can get a lot of them and some sell for a lot, but some don't sell so you will have to see which sell and which don't yourself because I don't remember.)

- Kill hill giants for their expensive drops, mainly limpwurt root ( Spelt wrong? ) and big bones for the same reason as moss giants

- Train your skills such as woodcutting, fishing, mining, etc. and bank everything you obtain, such as logs, fish, ore, etc. and eventually sell them- You can make a lot of money this way, especially if you keep a LOT of willow/oak logs and a good number of yew logs, since they are the most expensive non-member log. Good ore to keep are iron, coal, mithril, adamantite, and obviously rune. Good fish to keep are anything that heal over 8 if cooked. Any resource is good to keep and sell in the Grand Exchange as long as you have a large enough number of them.

~Members~

- Killing chaos druids for herb drops and anything over 1k. The only herbs you want to keep are the ones that are at LEAST 1k. If you pick up anything less than then, then you either want to identify them (there is a better way of getting herblore up very fast) or drop them, trust me on this. The best herb you can get is ranarr and sell for more if you identify them (or at least they used to, I'm not 100% sure anymore, but I think they still are)

- Do the legend's quest if you haven't and go into the legends guild and buy swordfish for 400 gp each and put them in the bank (right up the ladder) and buy some more.. do this until you have no money left and then go to the grand exchange and sell them for as much as you can If you don't believe me that you can sell them, buy one and sell in on the G.E. and see for yourself. You can make well over 1m in one day as long as you have enough money. Because the prices constantly change on the G.E. I cannot tell you the price of swordfish, but if you like this idea and want to figure out exactly how much you can make, check the prices on the G.E. that you can sell swordfish for at the maximum and that players will actually buy and pull out your calculator

- Go to the Karamja volcano (you may need to bring a rope if you have never been there, I am not 100% anymore) and enter the dungeon. You will see a strange entrance that is kinda glowing. Enter it and kill the monsters there (I recommend near the bank so when you get low on health, you can grab some food easily). The only monsters you really want to kill are the level 100+ monsters. Pick up all the tokkul they drop and anything that is worth picking up. If you get lucky, they will drop an obby item. A good drop to make money off of are the obsidian bolt tips (or something along that line) because they sell for quite a bit. You can use prayer and restore it for free- once you run out of prayer, go into the minigame that you can obtain the firecape from (closest to the bank) and die. I find it easier if you kill the lower level monsters and get the monsters a little higher in level to kill you faster. Once you die, you will NOT lose anything and you will have full health and full prayer.

- Flax and bowstrings are a great lower level way to make money. Go to seers village and find the flax field which is near the bank and find the building (also near the bank, basically in between the bank and the flax field- but not directly inbetween). If you have under 10 crafting, you can either pick flax and sell it, get your crafting up to level 10 and string all of the flax that you pick in the upstairs of the building near the bank and flax field. Bowstrings sell for more than flax, while at the same time training your crafting but using up more time. I used to do this a couple years ago, so I am not sure if it is more efficient to string your flax or not. If you want to traing crafting quickly while at the same time making money, buy flax and string it. You can then sell the bowstrings on the G.E. for a profit.

- Woodcutting magic trees is a great but slow way to train woodcutting and making money. If you spend a week straight cutting magic trees, you will make a great profit.. Again, I haven't done this in awhile so I can't accurately tell how much money you would make and so on.

- Get your slayer up so that you can kill brine rats. Go to the brine rats and kill them. Make sure you bring plenty of food because they are level 73 or so. They have good drops, such as dropping noted sharks (3-8 or so at a time- not 100% sure, but they do drop 3 noted sharks at minimum), and other noted fish, as well as 10 raw swordfish (unnoted). (I am not 100% sure anymore if they drop anything else, but this is a great way to train slayer and combat while making a profit.)

- Get your slayer up to lvl 58 and kill cave horrors (I think.. lol) and try to get black masks. Black masks sell for a good amount on the G.E.

- Get your slayer up to kill the higher level slayer monsters for the higher-end drops such as abby whips and dark bows.

- [Experience players only] Get a team together and kill the Kalphite queen for great drops, such as dragon chain.

There are a lot of good ways to make money on runescape, and these are only a few. I would list more, but honestly I can't think of/remember any more. I do know more but I just can't remember them all because so many people have told me so many ways. The online 'runescape millionaire guides' may have some, but i highly doubt it is worth paying for.
    Last edited by Ajyuhas; 07-14-2009 at 08:47 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ajyuhas For This Useful Post:

arkam25 (07-20-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    no offence but some of those ways really suck, in F2P i can make 100k an hour and in P2P i can make up to 500k

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oglog40 For This Useful Post:

arkam25 (07-20-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Oglog40 View Post
    no offence but some of those ways really suck, in F2P i can make 100k an hour and in P2P i can make up to 500k
    explain how? maybe you might help other ppl with your way of money making ;D.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxmanonxxx For This Useful Post:

arkam25 (07-20-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    How are you doing beautiful? Are you really a girl?
    [IMG]https://i30.photobucke*****m/albums/c335/Joshcarr2006/tumblr_lz1nrntuZf1qdxcglo1_500_zps0388a33f.gif[/IMG]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joshcarr2006 For This Useful Post:

arkam25 (07-20-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by joshcarr2006 View Post
    How are you doing beautiful? Are you really a girl?
    LOL good luck
    [IMG]https://i1202.photobucke*****m/albums/bb368/adnyana179a/HalaMadrid.png[/IMG]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OMARz For This Useful Post:

arkam25 (07-20-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    ok well i make like 100k in f2p in an hour so listen up. all you do is get your fishing up so you can fish lobsters. Than fish lobsters 26 lobster are like 10k and you can get lots of them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to killakk626 For This Useful Post:

arkam25 (07-20-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by killakk626 View Post
    ok well i make like 100k in f2p in an hour so listen up. all you do is get your fishing up so you can fish lobsters. Than fish lobsters 26 lobster are like 10k and you can get lots of them.
    thats very time consuming.
    [IMG]https://i1202.photobucke*****m/albums/bb368/adnyana179a/HalaMadrid.png[/IMG]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to OMARz For This Useful Post:

arkam25 (07-20-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    OK OK OK imma bring my pro tips heer
    *P2P*
    1. Avansies in GWD. Drops 4 addy bars so u can make about er 3-4m a day just staying there and alching teh r00n drops
    2. MERCH
    3. Slay :]
    4. Get 99 Hunt... 35m right there and i like it :]
    5. Just keep doin step 1.. best method by far or get a team for the bosses. got 2 a hilt drops ftw.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    yes...thats more like it.

aviansies are how i make my money camp there 4 days and make 11m.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GahNades View Post
    OK OK OK imma bring my pro tips heer
    *P2P*
    1. Avansies in GWD. Drops 4 addy bars so u can make about er 3-4m a day just staying there and alching teh r00n drops
    2. MERCH
    3. Slay :]
    4. Get 99 Hunt... 35m right there and i like it :]
    5. Just keep doin step 1.. best method by far or get a team for the bosses. got 2 a hilt drops ftw.
    agreed with everything you said avan is best place

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I hate merching! You need a mil to start!