Thanks

Guide to new players. (Champions, items, gameplay, etc.)

So I've been seeing a lot of new people asking questions about what champion should I buy, is this a good champ for me, whats an OP champ. etc.
    So I decided to make this guide.

Table of Contents
    -----------------
    1. Value of IP.
    2. Spending IP
    3. Buying Champions
    4. Champions you should play, their role, and their versatility.
    5. Choosing a role.
    6. Why runes are important.
    7. What runes to buy.

(NOTE: THIS GUIDE WILL BECOME MORE ADVANCED AND DETAILED, BUT FOR THE TIME BEING IT IS AS IS, WILL ALWAYS BE UPDATING IT!)

1. THE VALUE OF IP(Influence Points)
    A lot of IP is NOT 1350. A lot of IP is something around 6300. If you're anything like me, this is the most IP you will save up at a time, I don't know a single person that saves up 12-20k IP for a full runepage, personally I save up 3150+ the buy a full 9 marks, seals, or glyphs. The reason that is a lot is because it is the most a champion costs, (Unless totally new then its 7800), and because not a lot of people can actually save up to that much before buying someone before. Now be careful with spending your IP, if I were a new player knowing all that I know now, I would invest in BASIC runes for AD(Flat AD marks/quint and Armor Pen marks) AP(flat magic pen marks, flat&ap/lvl quints). Then defensive runes such as Flat armor yellows and either /lvl or flat magic resist blues. Note that IP is extremly valuable when playing ranked because of runes, I regret spending so much IP on buying 70+ champs.

2. SPENDING IP
    When you're spending IP consider your level and role. (Guide later goes on to explain roles, check section 5.) If you are BELOW level 20 then SAVE all your IP, don't spend a single point. When you hit level 20 buy TIER 3 RUNES. Then after finishing all the runes you need, and buying 2-10 more rune pages continue onto buying champions.

3. BUYING CHAMPIONS
    When you buy a champion consider all of its abilities, if you like it, if it falls off late without feed, etc. There's a LOT of things you need to put into consideration. Probably the most important is if you like that champion. The reason for that is that is because you might buy the champion and think you're going to like him, but end up playing him one or two games and never playing it again. So choose who you think you'll like, who you'll have fun with, not just because you think they're "OP."

4. CHAMPIONS YOU SHOULD PLAY, THEIR ROLE, AND VERSATILITY(Please note that this section will be a huge W.I.P. because there is over 100 champions and listing all of them is going to be a huge job for me. But I promise I will finish it)
    What champion you should play totally depends on your role, your play-style, and your personality. Now if you're anything like me, I'm extremely aggressive. I play Assassins, ADC's. The reason behind this is because I like killing people fast, getting in and getting out. People good for this have high burst damage and an escape. People that have this are someone like Akali, Talon, Fizz, Kat, etc. Keep in mind if you play those champions that they are EXTREMELY squishy and will be killed in 2 seconds or less. So again buy champions dependent on YOU.

5. CHOOSING A ROLE
    To choose a role you must find out what type of champions you like. For me, its assassins. So I play top, mid, or jungle. It's also about what you WANT to do, and have fun doing. In a ranked team I'm in, I'm an ADC, so basically I play all roles except for support, I'm terrible at that. Choosing your role is a crucial part in your league experience, as it determines what you're going to spend all your time playing if you plan on becoming a higher level player. This also builds off of picking 5-6 main champions, 1-2 for each role.

6. WHY RUNES ARE IMPORTANT
    Runes are extremely crucial in your lane phase/early game. What they do is either give you and edge over your opponent. For example, you're playing Nidalee(One of my favorite champions) You would want to run something like Flat Mag. Pen. Marks, HP/lvl seals, MR/LVL glyphs, and AP/lvl quints. What this is going to do is keep you in lane early, negate any early Magic Resist from their mid lane, or lower it at least, give you some sustain against their ap, and make you snowball with scaling ap.

7. WHAT RUNES TO BUY
    Again, this is totally pertinent to your situation, champion, and opponent. Here are some examples of very BASIC rune pages.
    AP: Mag. Pen. Marks, Armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs, Flat/scaling AP quints.
    AD: Flat AD Marks, Armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs, Flat ad quints.
    Jungle: Armor Pen/flat ad marks(Or Mag. Pen.), armor seals, flat MR glyphs, MS quints(Movement speed)
    Support: (Usually supports are AP so..) AP marks, armor seals, MR glyphs, GP/10 quints.
    Now those are just a few rune pages, obviously you could also look up guides on thinks like lolking, teamsolomid.net, etc.
    Costs:
    AD(Flat AD Marks, Flat Armor seals, Magic resist/lvl glyphs, flat AD quintessences): Marks- 1845, Seals- 1845, Glyphs- 1845, Quintessences- 3075 = 8610 Total.
    AP(Flat Mag. Pen. Marks,Flat Armor seals, Magic resist/lvl glyphs, flat AP quintessences): Marks- 3690, Seals- 1845, Glyphs- 1845, Quintessences- 3075 = 10445 Total.
    Jungle(Flat Armor pen. Marks,Flat Armor seals, flat magic resist Glyphs, Movespeed quints): Marks- 3690, Seals- 1845, Glyphs- 3690, Quintessences- 6150 = 15375 Total.
    Support(The marks are your opinion, I never really play support but I would probably reccomend running this) Mag. Pen. Marks, Flat Armor seals, Flat Magic Resist Glyphs, Gold/10 quints. Marks- 3690, Seals- 1845, Glyphs- 1845, Quintessences- 1545 = 8925

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll try my best to add it into the guide/info, or just answer it for you.
    Last edited by zapthehunter; 05-13-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Adding stuff

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zapthehunter For This Useful Post:

Frosty' (05-13-2013),jalkamees (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    A lot of IP is around 15-20k, 6300k you can't even buy a full rune page or a new champion since they cost more now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Thanks , I'm new Ingame .
    yoyoyo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chester View Post
    A lot of IP is around 15-20k, 6300k you can't even buy a full rune page or a new champion since they cost more now.
    I realize this, although, I'm just saying that champion-wise, it is. And I did state that NEW (about 1-2 weeks from coming out) costs 7800.

Thanks
    bump. By the way, this guide is also for more advanced players, some tips apply to ranked as well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Also a tip from me is I have seen a lot of new players do is buying the recommend at the start. DO NOT BUY a "Hunter's Machete" for when you are in lanes, aka not jungling. This item has no effect at all on minions so it's just a waste of 300g.

Thanks
    its a good guide